Baby Showers

Just going to leave this here for you....

Idk if someone else ever posted this before, but I'm sure you ladies will be pleasantly horrified: 

Re: Just going to leave this here for you....

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so confused.  It was in a poem, so that made everything ok right ???  Don't you know you can ask for whatever you want as long as it is in a cutesie poem.
  • I'd blast that so hard on facebook and tag the MTB in it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Nooooooo way....has to be fake.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I agree.  That has to be fake.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I found it on google. I was looking up tacky baby shower things, trying to educate myself on what isn't appropriate and found this gem of comedy
  • I'm so confused.  It was in a poem, so that made everything ok right ???  Don't you know you can ask for whatever you want as long as it is in a cutesie poem.

So many special snowflake brides over on the knot subscribe to this theory. They want ideas for how to word poems where ask for cash only wedding gifts, gift card only showers, and potluck wedding receptions. Oy
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Wow, really? It's funny. We got married at city hall, was NOT expecting any gifts whatsoever, and ended up getting cash from our close family, and a trip to Disneyland from FIL. See, don't ask for stuff, and you shall receive! My sister had made a website where you can donate cash for her wedding gifts, but it stipulated like what she would buy with it. Need 800 for a mattress or whatever. I gave them 50 bucks to "enjoy brunch" the day after their wedding. But this shizz here is just wow. 

• Wow, really? It's funny. We got married at city hall, was NOT expecting any gifts whatsoever, and ended up getting cash from our close family, and a trip to Disneyland from FIL. See, don't ask for stuff, and you shall receive! My sister had made a website where you can donate cash for her wedding gifts, but it stipulated like what she would buy with it. Need 800 for a mattress or whatever. I gave them 50 bucks to "enjoy brunch" the day after their wedding. But this shizz here is just wow. 

Even cash registries that masquerade as a legit registry are super tacky as far as etiquette goes. It's literally asking your friends and family for money. The site usually takes a cut of the 'gifts' and the couple gets a check to use on who the hell knows what. Bad form.
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @fwtx5815, well good thing it wasn't your sister then. You going to disagree with everything I post today?

• @fwtx5815, well good thing it wasn't your sister then. You going to disagree with everything I post today?

You're right, it is a good thing.

and I don't know, that depends. You ever throw your own shower? Throw your own potluck birthday celebration in honor of yourself? Hosted a wedding fundraiser?
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Nope. Can't say that I have. I throw lavish parties for my children, and that's about it. 

• edited August 2015
    fwtx5815 said:
    So many special snowflake brides over on the knot subscribe to this theory. They want ideas for how to word poems where ask for cash only wedding gifts, gift card only showers, and potluck wedding receptions. Oy

My friend's daughter just got married and made multiple posts on facebook about her potluck reception. I think she went as far as assigning dishes to her guests. I couldn't help but think that if you're that broke to ask for other people to feed you at your party, you should probably just do a cake reception.

• @fwtx5815 YGPM. :)
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• fwtx5815 said:

My friend's daughter just got married and made multiple posts on facebook about her potluck reception. I think she went as far as assigning dishes to her guests. I couldn't help but think that if you're that broke to ask for other people to feed you at your party, you should probably just do a cake reception.
    What in the entire hell? My fiance's response: Eww that's tack as f*ck. How rude. I'd divorce you if you ever tried that. I'm cracking up at his reaction.  =)=))
  • @kmcconnell22 thanks!
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • What in the entire hell? My fiance's response: Eww that's tack as f*ck. How rude. I'd divorce you if you ever tried that. I'm cracking up at his reaction.  =)=))
    I know right?!?! I wasn't invited but if I had been I probably wouldn't go because I'm not cooking for someone else's wedding and I don't eat food from people I don't know.

• edited August 2015
    I read this somewhere a year or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it was real as the are some really tacky greedy entitled princesses out there lol
  • My SO's grandmother had to convince me to even make a registry. I would be entirely too ashamed to even think like this.
  • That is complete insanity! How would someone think that was okay?!
  • fwtx5815 said:

Dude...my SIL had a potluck wedding reception (for her 3rd wedding, the first and second were catered). When MH and I were planning our wedding, she kept trying to talk us into having a potluck and how amazing it was at her wedding. Now, I don't disagree about the food being amazing......everyone in my husbands immediate and extended family, EXCEPT my SIL, is an amazing cook (umm, hello...that is why I show up to the family reunions....the FOOD!), but there was no way that I was going to have one for my wedding. No way. And it took every fiber in my being to not say "Yeah...maybe when we have our third wedding, we will have a potluck."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic