March 2016 Moms
Options

5 week u/s couldn't find sac

I visited my ob for the first time today and expressed some right sided pain. So they decided to try an early vaginal ultrasound to make sure nothing was in my tubes. Well, they saw nothing in my tubes, but didn't see baby in my uterus either. The only thing they saw was that I had recently ruptured a cyst on my right ovary, which explained the pain. They didn't seem concerned, just said it was probably too early and to come back next week, but now I'm freaking out! We've tried for 3 1/2 years to get pregnant and it has finally happened! Has anyone ever experienced this before?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers

Re: 5 week u/s couldn't find sac

• Options
    I have a similar story. I went into the ER for extreme back pain when I was pregnant with DS on a Friday. They couldn't find anything on the ultrasound. I followed up with my OB on Monday and the sac and the baby were there. Don't give up hope yet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    5 weeks is still very very early to see anything. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you Parker! I was so hoping to hear a story where everything turned out fine!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    Oh wow!!! Your story is almost identical to mine!! I've been posting about it in April thinking I had an April baby, but just found out that I'm an end of March. Hang in there! We went through three ultrasounds and four blood tests in the last two weeks, but the yolk sac and fetal pole finally showed up today! Also had a ruptured cyst and they are still worried and have another u/s next week. Sending positive thoughts your way!!
  • Options
    Definitely don't panic yet.
  • Options
    I went in at 6.5 weeks and they could barely see the sac, and couldn't see a baby. So I'm going back in a week.
  • Options
    I went at 5w and the dr couldn't see anything. I go back at 7w. He said it was too early. This is my 3rd and he's never even tried that early before.
  • Options
    Pregnant with first. Went to the ER for slight bleeding to ease my mind. Thinking I'm 7 wks they did 2 different ultrasounds and found only the yolk sac. So he thinks I'm only 5 wks. I go Aug 18 to my regular dr for an ultrasound. Hoping to see something then.
  • Options
    Went into the dr early at 6wks because of some spotting, so they did an ultrasound. They saw nothing but they also saw nothing wrong. Still to early to see anything. I think I may have ovulated a late. Having some blood work done today and Wednesday. Hoping everything is still good. Just wanted to share so you know it's just you. Feels good to hear about others.
  • Options
    same thing with me i had early one at 5 weeks just to rule out ectopic pregnancy, we only found gestational sac,. today i went in at 9 weeks and my baby was there. He/she even moved twice during the time and with heart rate of 181 bpm....so be patient and you will get to meet your baby soon