Baby Names

Baby girl name help!

Our DD name is Audrey Elizabeth. Found out we are having another girl and so far the only name we both agree on (and I love) is Nora. Worried about its popularity. Based on SS list in our state it's about as popular as the name Audrey but I haven't even heard of another Audrey! Thoughts? Other suggestions for similar "classic" names.

Re: Baby girl name help!

• Our girl will be Norah. There were only 9 born here last year... My oldest is a 13 yo Olivia. Her name wasn't popular here at all then.. But it is with the under 5 crowd now! So I'm not putting too much stock in that... I like:
    Olive
    Amelia
    Bianca
    Brynn
    Charlotte
    Fiona
    Harper
    Violet
  • I think you should go with Nora if it's what you and your husband both love. You should be okay. It's common but isn't out of control popular.
     BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Audrey and Nora is a darling sibset.

For consideration:

Vera
    Mavis
    Annabelle
    Vivienne
  • Audrey and Nora go well together. I don't think Nora is to popular.

Similar feel names to go with Audrey:
    Camille
    Evelyn
    Julia
    Lydia
    Stella
    Victoria

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• This baby was going to be Nora but is a boy, I was worried about the popularity too, but just loved the name too much to not use. It's top ten in my state and I don't know a single one. Use it if you love it, Audrey and Nora is a darling sibset
  • I think you should name her Nora. It's a beautiful name. I named my daughter Anniston Belle. Anniston isn't a "popular" name either...but, I had rather it be that way. I don't want to name my child off the top 10-20. If I call for my child, I don't want 13 kids turning around at the same time at the ball field. 

• I love Audrey and Nora together! Some other names that come to mind with the same feel are:

Evelyn
    Rose
    Hazel
    Emma
    Ella or Elle
    Emmeline
    Eve
    Carolyn
    Marie
    Ava

• I have an Audrey and this LO would be Nora if a close friend didn't have one. It's a classic name, so even if she's Nora X in school, it's not like a trendy name that will date her!
  • Caroline and Diana came to mind first.
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Love Audrey and Nora together!

Cara
    Lilah
    Caroline
  • I think Nora is pretty but it's so popular where I live, I wouldn't use it. I prefer Noelle as a similar N name.
  • Audrey and

Claire
    Colette
    Hannah
    Juliet
    Elise
    Lauren
    Rachael
    Sabrina
    Paige
  • I really like Nora and think it goes well with Audrey.

I think PP gave good suggestions for alternative considerations. Emma and Caroline are my two faves to go with Audrey out of the above listed.

httpi62tinypiccomuarkwpng

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadb7817660919c960ebd43e30c9c837741jpg
  • I like Nora and I think it goes well with Audrey. If you and her SO both agree on this name and both like it, I would go with it.