June 2015 Moms

Twin check in 7/30

We haven't had one of these forever! So how's it going?

1. How old are your twins now?
2. Have they reached any milestones (such as smiling and cooing at you)?
3. Have you gone back to work? If not, when are you going back?
4. How are feedings going? Anyone still breastfeeding?
5. How long are they sleeping at night? Do they wake up together or do you wake one if the other gets up?
6. Any other information or questions for us?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Twin check in 7/30

• I was thinking of starting one of these to check in on everyone and share success stories!

1. My girls will be 11 weeks on Saturday (... Wait, what?)
    2. They're smiling and starting to laugh out loud! They're pretty great with head control too. They may be munchkins, but man are they strong!
    3. I've been back to work for just over a week. It's going okay. The girls stay with a close friend who is a stay at home mom to two girls. She sends us plenty of text/picture updates and I love knowing that they're taken care of and who they're with!
    4. I was EPing, but have weaned off about 2 weeks ago. The girls were taking up so much time I just didn't have the time to pump so it kindof naturally happened. We're working through our freezer stash in the evening when we're home and they drink formula when at the babysitters. Pumping is one less thing I have to stress about!
    5. Bedtime routine starts around 830-9. They get their bottles, then baths, then sleep. Adalynn is a champ, she goes to sleep instantly and completely sleeps through the night and has been for about 2 weeks now. Aria usually needs convincing to go to sleep. She'll wake around 5ish (so still not bad!).
    6. This can tie into the last 2 questions, but I know everyone stresses to keep twins on the same feeding/sleeping schedule but it actually works a lot better for us to feed whoever happens to be hungry and lets us know. Feeding one and trying to force the other to eat before she was ready was more stress than it was worth. And since Adalynn sleeps through the night, there's no sense in waking her when Aria wants to eat. It means more sleep for this momma!
  • 1. 8 weeks yesterday!
    2. They both smile at us when we're talking to them. I love their little toothless grins. They are both really strong. They hold their heads up really well and stand up on their legs if your holding them.
    3. I unfortunately go back august 12. I hate my job and dread going back.
    4. I am still exclusively breastfeeding and pumping. I have a good supply, so formula isn't a need. I have 104 ounces frozen already. Sometimes my girls are really sleepy eaters, so I keep a small stash in the fridge and supplement with pumped milk. I'd have more frozen if I didn't have to supplement with my pumped milk.
    5. They usually eat around 7-8. Then they eat between 10-11. We have a toddler who refuses to go to bed until 10, so we don't get to bed until 11-12. They usually will sleep until 5-6 though. Usually about 6 hour stretches. Then we get another 2-3 hour stretch after that.
    We do wake them both to feed them if only one wakes up. They both usually eat for close to an hour, so I'd do nothing but feed if we let them wake on their own schedules. It works best for us.
    6. I took all 3 kids out shopping last night for the first time by myself. It was a quick trip, but the girls weren't very happy at all. Made for a long trip.
    What does everyone do with your kids for fun?

• Loading the player...
  • Where are the rest of our twin moms at?

• Haha! I will respond, but too tired tonight! DH was gone overnight last night for a bachelor party, so I'm keeping up with my bump reading, just not long posts. :)
  • Ok, I've got 8 minutes left on the pump, so here goes...

1. How old are your twins now?

8 weeks. Time flies!!!

2. Have they reached any milestones (such as smiling and cooing at you)?

Following with their eyes, just starting to see smiles on purpose, getting better with neck strength

3. Have you gone back to work? If not, when are you going back?

I'm self employed, so I've been working a few hours a week. I actually enjoy getting out of the house for an appointment here and there. Gives me something else to think about. I go back 5 days a week on Aug 24, but even then, my schedule is flexible so we'll see what hours I choose to schedule myself.

4. How are feedings going? Anyone still breastfeeding?

I EP, and I LOVE it! They eat out of bottles and they take 10-15 minutes to eat. DH and I both wake up for all feedings, and I pump while feeding one baby.

5. How long are they sleeping at night? Do they wake up together or do you wake one if the other gets up?

One wakes up, and we always wake the other. It depends on the night which baby wakes up. No pattern as to who will wake us. They sleep REALLY well at night. Down in their crib (they share a crib right now) after the 7:30 feeding, we wake them at 10:30 to eat, then they sleep til somewhere between 2:00-3:00. Then another feeding at around 5:00 or 6:00. For now we all go back to bed til the next feeding at 8:00 or 9:00, but that'll change when DH goes back to work Aug 24. (He's a teacher).

Right now they still sleep in their rock n plays In our room overnight. We've started the cribs in the evening, and I think we'll go for cribs all night in the next week or so. I think I'm the one not quite ready for them to move!

Pumping time is up. Goodnight ladies! I like the twin check in--I hope we keep it up!
  • I will respond soon! Dealing with fussy babies after 2 mo shots!
  • Hi! We were away for the long weekend (hey Canadians!) so I didn't get to this thread but I also love the twin mama check ins :)

1. The girls are 8 weeks now...what the heck? They're so old, time has flown by!

2. They're both smiling but no giggles. They've started sucking their fists and pushing up to standing. I've noticed them tracking their toys and watching us a lot. The other day Hannah made a sound to get my attention while I was holding her that was like a little heh. When I looks at her she gave me a big smile! How dare I read a book while holding her lol.

3. I work respite care for a special needs girl from home 2 days a week. She started back 2 weeks after the girls were born. It's stressful for 2 days but then the rest of the week is free for my girls which is nice.

4. We've been formula feeding since week 2. No regrets about except the cost haha. I'm so happy to be able to feed both at once or let someone else help. They're not patient in the slightest when they're hungry so I don't know how it would have worked to bf.

5. Nights are ok. Hannah is mostly sleeping through the night but sometimes she wakes up once and Cecily wakes up once or twice. The hubby takes one all night and I take the other and then we switch babies every night. It works for us because we focus on just the one baby. They're in a pack and play in our room but once the schedule works itself out we will transition to the crib.

6. Has anyone made up a way for people to remember which baby is which? For instance my Hannah has lots of hair so we say remember h is for hair. But that won't work forever so I'm trying to think of new ones. People apologize and seem to feel bad if they mix them up (I really don't care at all if they do) and I'd like to make it easier to remember!
  • My Makenzie has a small birthmark on her left side of her head above her ear. It works now, but once she gets a lot of hair you won't see it. Their eyes are a little different. Makenzie has big wide eyes like me. Harper has more narrow eyes like dh and ds. It's so easy for me to tell them apart. I've never gotten them wrong. Dh has only gotten them wrong a couple times. Everyone else seems to struggle and I don't know why. You can tell they're sisters, but they look different.

• 1. How old are your twins now? 9weeks
    2. Have they reached any milestones (such as smiling and cooing at you)? Smiling, laughing, cooing!
    3. Have you gone back to work? If not, when are you going back? Nope, don't go back until December 1.
    4. How are feedings going? Anyone still breastfeeding? Formula fed with Enfamil Gentlease. Breastfeeding didn't last long.
    5. How long are they sleeping at night? Do they wake up together or do you wake one if the other gets up? They wake up 2 times in the night to feed. Usually one wakes up and I'll wake up the other so they are on the same schedule.
  • My Makenzie has a small birthmark on her left side of her head above her ear. It works now, but once she gets a lot of hair you won't see it. Their eyes are a little different. Makenzie has big wide eyes like me. Harper has more narrow eyes like dh and ds. It's so easy for me to tell them apart. I've never gotten them wrong. Dh has only gotten them wrong a couple times. Everyone else seems to struggle and I don't know why. You can tell they're sisters, but they look different.

Oh it's so easy to tell them apart for us too! Literally at first glance...one has dark hair and one has light. Super easy but people still get them mixed up. Whatever lol
  • Sorry twin mamas I've been mia. With work and babies I feel like that's all I have time for!

1. How old are your twins now? 12 weeks

2. Have they reached any milestones (such as smiling and cooing at you)? Smiling a lot and cooing. Waiting for those laughs!

3. Have you gone back to work? If not, when are you going back? Been back since week 6 and honestly I was ready to go back and get into a routine since I am a very routine person. My husband and I are able to work our schedules so the babes are with us or close family members. We are so lucky to have them!

4. How are feedings going? Anyone still breastfeeding? Quit bf because it took up too much time and I was exausted! FF has made life easier and way less stressful.

5. How long are they sleeping at night? Do they wake up together or do you wake one if the other gets up? Our girls sleep about 6-7 hours and we always wake the other baby up to feed. We also bath, feed, then sleep sack around 10. Once we sleep sack they are out.

How much do your babies weigh. Charlie is now 12# 12oz and Maddie is 12# 2 oz. Charlie was born smaller but passed her sister. Is this the same for you guys?

Oh it's so easy to tell them apart for us too! Literally at first glance...one has dark hair and one has light. Super easy but people still get them mixed up. Whatever lol
    Our girls are the same way! Charlie has brown hair so we tell people to remeber charlie brown lol. Miss Maddie is a blondie.

• 6. Any other information or questions for us?
    How much do your babies weigh. Charlie is now 12# 12oz and Maddie is 12# 2 oz. Charlie was born smaller but passed her sister. Is this the same for you guys?

Makenzie was 6lbs 13oz at birth. 2 month check up she was 9lbs 13.5oz. Harper was born at 7lbs 6ozs. She was 10lbs 2ozs at her 2 month.