October 2015 Moms
Options

Baby shower games!

I know, don't hate me. I've been put in charge of games, you know, since I won't be playing them. I found a really fun one that I think could get interesting. Most people that know me, know that I swear like a sailor. It's "Finish Mommy's Thought", and my sister said "What WON'T end in an expletive on that list". I have a jelly bean jar, easy. But I am hoping to find something unusual and different that maybe not a lot have played. In the past at others we have done price is right, celebrity baby names, word scramble, bingo, draw baby on your head (Which was really fun). I saw this one where you do trivia, win a diaper, and then when everyone has their token you open them and the dirty diaper wins. That could be neat. I enjoy trivia and making the questions could be all about different animals and their babies. Or there is one where you hand out the diapers as people arrive, and then we gather for a poem, and every time the poem says LEFT or RIGHT, you pass the diaper to the next person. Sort of a musical chairs type thing. When the poem is over you open it. Help please!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby shower games!

• Options
    I just finalized games with my hosts. We're going to have a calendar and the guests get to guess when they think baby will come. Also, we're going to have a diaper bag full of baby things and guests have to remember as many as possible. Then we're doing "guess the storybook"
    Because it's a story book theme.

It sounds like you have some great ideas though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My cousin did
    -guess what's in the diaper.(she used chocolate for one, and I can't remember the other 2)
    -she had 5 gift bags with a baby item inside, like bag 1 had a bottle, bag 2 had a pacifier, bag 3 had a diaper ... Etc. whoever guess the most right won, you didn't have to guess what bag each were in though.
    -then a whoever is wearing earrings, sit down, whoever has nail polish on, sit down, whoever has flip flops, sit down... And so on until only a few people remained and got a prize !
  • Options
    This is a game they played at my shower yesterday. I pulled this from Pinterest since it explains it better than I could.

Instead of using envelopes she just taped index cards to a board and had the cards numbered 1-30.

Baby Memory! Rachel created a memory board with numbered envelopes. Inside each envelope was a word related to pregnancy and babies and the goal was to find 2 matching words. Each girl took a turn choosing 2 envelopes - if it wasn't a match, the cards were returned into the envelopes and it was the next girl's turn to try to guess a match! Once someone guesses two numbered envelopes that end up being a match, they received a gift (all gifts are chocolate/candy) that related to the match.

Example - Sarah chooses 2 envelopes which reveal to both have the word "Pregnant Belly". Sarah wins a prize which ends up being a "Chunky Bar"!

Here is a list of possible pregnancy/baby words that correlate to candy bars that can be used in the Baby Memory game.

The Conception: SKOR
    Pregnant Belly: Chunky Bar
    Epidural or Grandparents: Lifesavers
    Umbilical Cord: Twizzlers
    Late to the Hospital: Rocky Road
    Hospital Address: 5th Avenue
    Choosing A Baby Name: Watchamacallit
    Newborn Girl: Baby Ruth
    Twin Boys: Mike & Ike
    Triplets: Three Musketeers
    10 Pound Baby: Whoppers
    Preemie: Runts
    Hospital Nursery: Cry Babies
    Delivery Doctor: Butterfinger
    Father or Dad: Sugar Daddy
    Cool Mom: Peppermint Patty
    Breastfeeding: Milky Way
    Breast Engorgement or Dirty Diapers: Mounds
    Hospital Bills or College Fund: 100 Grand
    Bottle: Bottle Pop Candy
    Mom Alone Time: Zero
    Mom Nap Time: Take Five
    Baby Giggles: Snickers
  • Options
    One thing I loved at a baby shower I went to.  They handed out small slips of paper and you were to either write encouraging thoughts for the mom or a funny moment you shared with the mom.  Then the host hid them in the diapers.  So when you were maybe up at 3 am for a diaper change you might get a nice saying or a funny story to help liven your mood if your tired or feeling down. 

• Options
    Maybe because I'm a language teacher, but my coworkers did a game of matching the word for "baby" to the language. There were about 20 different ones I think. It was printed out and left for people to do while they snacked on cake and other treats. 
  • Options
    We did a late night diaper station at my shower (write notes to mom and dad for when they have to get up in the middle of the night on diaper) and gift bingo. For gift bingo I would suggest filling it out for the guests randomly. We left it blank for them to fill in and people had a hard time thinking of enough items to fill the bingo card.