February 2016 Moms

TMI question (gross warning)

Sorry this is really gross and tmi but have to ask. Anyone experience Green mucous discharge? It looks like small amount of snot when wiping. Only happened once. Had a sono few days and all is well with baby, but this is freaking me out. I go back to Doc Thurs night.

Re: TMI question (gross warning)

• I haven't had green, more yellowish white than anything. I haven't heard of that but I'd definetly ask the doctor since green is usually associated with infection/virus (at least when it comes from your nose).
  • It's your mucous plug. It'll regenerate. Thank you for not posting a picture. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have not experienced this but you should definitely check in with your doctor.  Green discharge is not considered "normal" and could indicate an infection.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ummm..I would NEVER post a pic like that. Also highly doubt its a mucous plug issue at 10 weeks.
  • Don't know why you're getting defensive. People DO post pics like that. And it very well could be your mucous plug. 

• Ummm..I would NEVER post a pic like that. Also highly doubt its a mucous plug issue at 10 weeks.
    You can lose your mucous plug in first trimester. It's not common, but not uncommon either. Just deviates from the norm. I've also had some green discharge, but have just chalked it up to normal since my doctor's office hasn't called saying anything is abnormal in the urine samples I've given..

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Could very well be your mucous plug (you can lose it at any point in your pregnancy which is why it regenerates) or just your body's version of the normal discharge. Seems all normal to me but we aren't doctors so if it gives you peace of mind, call your OB.

• edited July 2015
    All the time, like almost every time I wipe, and no it's not an infection. Happened throughout my entire first two pregnancies too.. It does look mucus plug like, just without the blood that happens before you give birth. Don't know if that's what it is though.. Not sure why my body produces it throughout but Dr isn't concerned.

Edit: after thinking about it I guess it's probably not "green".. More white/yellow. Sorry for all the tmi, I'm grossed out even writing about it lol.
    Baby #3 due February. Dx with Spina Bifida Myelo  "good things are coming down the road, just don't stop walking"
  • edited July 2015
    I'm an RN and I would probably mention it because I'd rather rule it out than have an undiagnosed vag infection. (Edit typo)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I had it while pregnant with my DD. I also agree you should have your doc test it. I did to make sure it was normal and it was.
  • My mucous plug wasn't green. Just FYI.

I'd just call the doc and ask to rule out anything else.
    TTC #1 Since December 2009
    BFP #1 05/16/10 EDD 01/13/11 natural m/c 11w1d (unknown cause)
    BFP #2 03/24/11 EDD 12/06/11 missed m/c D&C 10w (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #3 12/24/11 EDD 09/02/12 missed m/c D&C 10w4d (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #4 02/10/14 EDD 10/19/14  - Baby boy made his arrival 10/02/14
    !
    BFP #5 05/08/15 EDD 01/19/16 C/P 05/14/15
    BFP #6 06/05/15 EDD 02/18/16 *It's a GIRL!!*

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • I have. It has a greenish yellowish tint. I asked the doctor because I've noticed it before in pregnancy and she said it's normal and an environmental thing. Like it's more common in some areas?? Don't know, but it's common for me for years now and I've had all normal paps. I previously asked this on the bump too and others thought it must be an infection but it's not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry this is really gross and tmi but have to ask. Anyone experience Green mucous discharge? It looks like small amount of snot when wiping. Only happened once. Had a sono few days and all is well with baby, but this is freaking me out. I go back to Doc Thurs night.

Ummm..I would NEVER post a pic like that. Also highly doubt its a mucous plug issue at 10 weeks.

Qfp
  • What does qfp mean?
  • Lola2o1 said:
    What does qfp mean?
    Quoted for posterity

• I'm confused. Was there a screen name change somewhere in here?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep mine.
  • It's so hard when I see the "what does QFP mean" question to not say "Quit f'ing posting!!!!"

• Did you ever get an answer to your question from your doctor?

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • @Lola2o1 how do you change your screen name?
  • @Lola2o1 how do you change your screen name?

I was wondering the same thing
  • @Charles&Jameelah & @bbax44 I changed mine through Theknot.com. That's where my account originated. If you have an account there, just go into account settings.

• bbax44 said:

@Lola2o1 how do you change your screen name?

I was wondering the same thing
    Log into a computer and either email the bump and ask them or do maybe you can do it from your profile. For a while that was an option too
  • Lola2o1Lola2o1 member
    edited August 2015
    I emailed the bump contact address and they changed it for me quickly and with no hassel.

Does qfp mean -quit f'n posting?

Doctor wasnt concerned at all. Chalked it up to "just pregnancy".
  • Lola2o1 said:
    I emailed the contact address and they changed it for me quickly and with no hassel. Does qfp mean -quit f'n posting? Doctor wasnt concerned at all. Chalked it up to "just pregnancy".
    No it means quoted for posterity. On another thread someone thought it meant quit f'ing posting and reported the person who did the qfp. She apologized later though.

• Thanks!! Was about to be like wtf?