WTF?!?!?!?! The balls on these people! — The Bump
Baby Showers

WTF?!?!?!?! The balls on these people!

Re: WTF?!?!?!?! The balls on these people!

• WOW. These people would not be getting anything from me.
  • Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the ground please. WOW.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
    kzangs15CCasey2015
  • One drum set, no receipt, pulled out of the box and used at the party, coming up!

(Oh, and personalized, so he can't take it outside of the house to play it!)

For the win!
    DS1: BFP 04/03/11 | EDD 12/02/11 | born 11/21/11 
    DS2: BFP 02/09/13 | EDD 10/26/13 | said goodbye 06/02/13
    beaglehowlerSaratiff

• I really want to know how the people who receive this respond.

I mean do they have these balls because everyone around them just bows down to their demands? Surely you wouldn't go sending this letter out if the people were likely to double their efforts to send you unreturnable, personalised items that you already have 100 of.

Or do they send these kinds of letters all of the time, and people quietly send them more board books and snigger about it?
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

ombradellarosawassuphoes
  • dufferoo said:

Personalized gifts cause kidnapping? Is that like how miniskirts cause date rape??

I want to know where they found that statistic. I mean, if your kid goes missing wearing PERSONALISED clothes, wouldn't it stand out more for people on the lookout to find the kid? Rather than looking at every single baby wearing some generic teddy bear onesie? Lol

I'm generally pretty open minded about what other people do for showers and what not, but this... yeah I'd just rsvp NO to this party as I just wouldn't know what to really do or say.

Whatever happened to people being grateful for what people gift us? What will this teach their kid when they grow up? That only the best will do and if someone gives them something else that it's terrible? That's kind of a sad and spoiled mentality at this extreme.
  • My only response is WOW!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would give tons of books and a personalized jacket and leave no receipts. That's just beyond wow......

HAHAHA!!!! Yep I think I would do that too!
    CatsAreShady[Deleted User]
  • I weep for the future. Truly.

honeybee530Sassenach1743

• I really want to know how the people who receive this respond.

I mean do they have these balls because everyone around them just bows down to their demands? Surely you wouldn't go sending this letter out if the people were likely to double their efforts to send you unreturnable, personalised items that you already have 100 of.

Or do they send these kinds of letters all of the time, and people quietly send them more board books and snigger about it?
    This is exactly what I want to know.  What's the context around this?  Did this mom just send this list out, unsolicited?  Or was this in response to people asking "what can we get for Junior's birthday?"  

Either way it's gross
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
    [Deleted User]
  • honeybee530honeybee530 member
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its 100 Comments Photogenic
    edited April 2015
    Is this for real?!?!?!?! If that's their birthday newsletter, I shudder to think what they write in one of those braggety-brag-brag-our-life-is-so-perfect Christmas newsletter....because you KNOW pompous narcissists such as this send those too, lol!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    mahliac
  • I would be embarrassed to be a member of that family.
    I'm an opinionated lurking lurker who lurks and offers advice and admonition as needed. You've been warned of my lurking nature.

[Deleted User]
  • Considering it's been shared on Reddik and all over the internet and blowing up Facebook feeds I would say it's safe to say they have been called out on their assholeness and hopefully have learned from it.

Saratifftreubanks11[Deleted User]BrooklynMommy83
  • Very rude!!! People are so strange
  • These people are raising a child? Ugh!
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • They know exactly how many books he has.... I don't know how many books I have! I know it's weird that THAT caught all my attention, but... these people are fascinating.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BlueJuicemahliac
  • Yes. Wooden Train Whistle with name woodburned into it
    dramaphilekmcc14mahliac
  • This can't be real. lol
  • I know I'm late to the party, but my ex SIL used to do this crap all the time. We each created a wish list that would be good for the whole year, but she always felt it necessary to call me and tell me what item specifically to purchase for her daughters. These items were almost always $30 over the limit I'd spend on them. She finally figured out (or was told more likely) that it pissed me off and she quit doing it to me, instead she sent them to her brother (my ex).

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I really like it when people provide wishlists for their kids or themselves as a general concept. My family pretty much requires me to keep one as my H and I are both notoriously hard to shop for. I feel like it makes a lot more sense in this day and age to send over a digital list when someone asks 'whats do you/does your kid want for X occasion' to just send over a list. But the key part of what i'm getting at here is.....send it when they ask what to get.....not before... So i dont think its terrible that she had some items picked out that were of interest, but telling people before they ask and also limiting them to 2 each was...wow.