November 2015 Moms

Maternity Photo Shoot Timing

I'm now 25 weeks, and I think it's time to get myself in gear in setting up maternity photos. I'm wanting them done for sure by 35 weeks, but I was thinking around 30 weeks would be more ideal, in hopes I won't be too huge and uncomfortable yet. Has anyone else thought about the timing of their shoot or have any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Maternity Photo Shoot Timing

• elbouelbou member

I would suggest finding the photographer you would like to do them, and then asking their opinion on timing. The ones who are really good at their job will know when the "sweet spot" for the getting the best photos is.

I had some photos done with DD2, but don't remember how many weeks I was. I think it was around the last month or so? GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• With my first I think I was around 36 weeks. I would ask your photographer.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd personally shoot for more mid/late October for the cooler weather & the amazing atmostphere fall brings :) 
  • I'll be about 32 weeks when I set mine up for. I'm like you, I don't want to be uncomfortable and HUGE... lol

• I booked mine for September 15th. I will be 32 weeks by then. I was lucky to get in a slot with my photographer of choice in the middle of wedding season, now is a good time to book. There are lots of weddings during September and October.

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • SJFTCASJFTCA member
    My mom agreed that 30 weeks would be pretty ideal, but of course, I'll be flexible as to when the photographer is available or thinks is best. I actually have a friend who is a professional photographer, and I tried to ask her yesterday, but I've gotten no response. Thanks for the feedback, ladies!
  • I did mine last weekend, but am having twins so we needed to up the schedule a bit! For previous pregnancies, I aimed to get them done around 32-34 weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I believe most photographers aim for 32 weeks :) that's when mine are scheduled!
  • The photographer I use does it between 28 and 32 weeks.
  • Im anxious for mine too. I think 32 week is common
  • I'm a photographer ..I think 32+ is always nice time. You should look for a photographer who can deliver your idea. Many parents have thymes, special shoes etc. Talk to your photographer, team work.. Good luck.. Can wait to see everyone's pics.