November 2015 Moms

AW--Let the nesting commence!!

So, It's hit me hard today....I have a ton of sh!t on my to do list. Clean the master bedroom, (to allow for some storage of the guest room stuff). Clean out and reallocate the stuff in the guest room, as this will be DD's "big girl room" re-do the filing cabinet. All on top of regular cleaning (laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming).....

Who's in this with me this weekend???
photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW--Let the nesting commence!!

• I feel ya, girl. It's just starting with me, but I can tell it's going to spiral out of control. Poor DH...
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • The nursery is still full of boxes from when we moved, but we are going peach picking this weekend instead. No nesting here, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got it bad too and I'm only 25 weeks lol. I just moved the end of June so I am in decorate and nursery mode (although the "nursery" is just a corner of the master lol) My thoughts are I was put on bed rest at 28 weeks with my first and he came a month early so I better get this stuff done just in case!
  • I decided to have a clothes sort out, charity shop pile, lol you won't get into that until next year pile, and wearing now pile. I feel like I've achieved, however I don't feel like I have anything to wear now.
    That's as far as I've got this weekend. I get distracted too easily when I'm having a major sort out.
  • I'm definately in nesting mode too. Major clear out going on to make space for baby and all his stuff here! The clothes have been packed away until next year as nothing fits and I'm decorating about 4 rooms! Not to mention new carpets being fitted, buying a new car to fit the pram in and loads of shopping for baby bits. Only trouble with all this is that I keep over doing it and then I feel like rubbish for a few days. Must remember to take it one step at a time. :)
  • VexedMommyVexedMommy member
    edited August 2015
    AMG901 said:

I decided to have a clothes sort out, charity shop pile, lol you won't get into that until next year pile, and wearing now pile. I feel like I've achieved, however I don't feel like I have anything to wear now.
    That's as far as I've got this weekend. I get distracted too easily when I'm having a major sort out.

I did that last weekend for myself and my girls. This weekend I just want to sleep.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• After working over nights for the last week all I want to do is sleep.. Next week I have off so I guess I'll start doing stuff then.. I'm way too tired from this stressful week at work that I looked at all the clothes one my friends bought me because she feels bad that she's due In a couple of weeks and might not make it to my shower.. I looked at it and the bunch of stuff my MIL has boughten and said "I should probably organize that stuff... But Netflix and sleep sound better".. Maybe the nesting bug will bite me next week..
  • I've been nesting very badly. And I'm only 23 weeks and it's been going on for weeks! I can't seem to do much though since we don't have the house we will be living in when baby gets here yet. We have no idea where we would be living so it's kind of driving me insane. I'm mostly turning my nesting into Christmas shopping (yes I know it's early. I have a HUGE family. So I do one kid per check) & buying for baby & buying winter clothes for my son who will be 3 in Sept. So I've basically developed an online shopping problem because I check everyday and always add things to my cart. Takes everything I have to exit and not buy anything lol
  • AMG901 said:

I decided to have a clothes sort out, charity shop pile, lol you won't get into that until next year pile, and wearing now pile. I feel like I've achieved, however I don't feel like I have anything to wear now.

I did that last weekend for myself and my girls. This weekend I just want to sleep.
    Sleeping is good.. You do that mama.

• We signed a contract on our hopefully soon to be new house last night and I have the nesting bug soooo bad but we probably won't close until around September 15th :( I have so much that I want to do already!
  • I have been doing it on and off. Cleaned out all the closets and cabinets in the house re- organized and got rid of stuff. Made a few things for baby. He is staying in our room for the first few months so no nursery to decorate right now. My and DH re arranged some furniture too. I plan to tackle basement at some point but that's a scary thing lol
  • Yep!! =; Sorting boxes, moving things around to make more space, laundry laundry and more laundry... and some online shopping :D
  • Just got a nice little chunk of cleaning done in the bedroom. Still a long way to go if we're going to fit a crib in here, but it's a start!  I knew the motivation would kick in once we hit the three month mark.  I totally called it.
  • Moved my craft room mostly to the office my parents came to help. The craft room is purple so it will be DD big girl room.
  • I've been nesting like crazy the past three weeks. I have kept our whole house spotless which is hard to do with three dogs :) my Hubby is loving it haha. We have also been knocking out a ton of things on our "before baby gets here" checklist. We feel quite accomplished at the end of each weekend. I'm 24 weeks today and it's actually feeling real now :) we ordered her crib, glider, bedding and nursery decorations last week as well!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My nesting I only consisting of buying or making for baby. I have no desire to clean or cook...
  • kmkrushi said:
    My nesting I only consisting of buying or making for baby. I have no desire to clean or cook...
    I'm Craigslisting like a pro and lining up all kinds of projects for BF to start when kiddos are back in school next week.  Gotta love having a SAHD to help out.  lol.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Bootsie81 said:
    I'm anti-nesting.  I'm so lazy I don't want to clean anything.

I Was like this with DD#1. My DH was pissed b/c I literally did nothing around the house. We have a bi-level and the biggest decision of my day was upstairs or down. Once I made the commitment, I stayed there until bed time (which was usually around 8:30p)
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I cleaned/steamed inside and outside of my kitchen cabinets, washed everything in the cabinets, moved the fridge and stove and cleaned out behind them, vacuumed out vents, and cleaned microwave. Tomorrow my hubs is moving the dishwasher and washer/dryer so I can clean veins those. I'm so tired.
  • Noey80 said:

I cleaned/steamed inside and outside of my kitchen cabinets, washed everything in the cabinets, moved the fridge and stove and cleaned out behind them, vacuumed out vents, and cleaned microwave. Tomorrow my hubs is moving the dishwasher and washer/dryer so I can clean veins those. I'm so tired.

Wow - that's my kind of cleaning :)
    I must say that 2nd trimester super energy is dissipating slowly and I've slowed down on the nesting. Good thing I had a head start - literally started around week 13 when I started feeling better.
  • I took a week off work to work on the nursery moved all the guest room stuff out bought some furniture and my hubby was so helpful setting everything up the more ideas I come up with the more he wants to get involved and give his ideas I was surprised but glad he is excited and so involved