December 2015 Moms
Options

FFFC 7/31

Morning Ladies!
It's Friday! You know what to do...

My FFFC is that I really dislike when ppl ask me a lot of questions. I'm usually polite and answer or I side step the questions, but it really irks my soul. That an people who feel entitled to my time... just no. Mind your beeswax! !

Re: FFFC 7/31

• Options
    My FFFC is that I purposefully call my mother out for things she's done wrong and then ignore her. Treating her like a teenager is the only thing that works with her as that's about as far as she seems to have developed. She completely ruined our sex reveal for my husband's mother because she couldn't keep her mouth shut and "just didn't think about" how small of a town she's in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @herewegrow I used to have a similar relationship with my mom. My sister and I have realized that we just all communicate differently. So we really work at it. Calling her out and then giving her examples has been frustrating, but she has been showing progress. Maybe that is something you can do with your mom? It's a bit of work but it makes your relationship better in the long run. Just a suggestion though. I also don't know your mom so it may go waaaaayy left.
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    My confession is that I may have cried when the NFL upheld their ruling on Brady's suspension.
    As a die hard patriots fan, I have yet to see him play and I'm running out of time!!!
  • Options
    My confession is I think I am officially on a post it at Sears! I ordered a washer and dryer and waiting about 25 days for it to get here (I just moved, so laundry has not been done for, oh, about a month). When they got here, the dryer didn't fit in my laundry room! So I went back to Sears to exchange then, and purposely picked a set that could be delivered by today, since i go back to work on Monday. The sales guy says, ok, this has to go through processing and you will get a phone call in 24-48 hours to tell you how much you are paying for the new set and when it will be delivered. It's been 48 hours and I haven't heard from them and I've called, chatted with them online, complained on Facebook, all multiple times and now it's Friday and there's no way they will be delivered on time and I am soooo freaking pissed off. The last bitch I talked to said, "actually, ma'am, it's 48 business hours." Aaaaagggggghhhhh. I'm feeling stabby.

Omg. I don't know how to gif anymore from iPhone. The three little dots you click on the "view image" are gone! Ahhhhhhh
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    @MrsBwIVF nobody but patriots fans like Brady, so I know everybody but us was happy about it, but it still hurt!
    I imagine I'll go into labor during or following a football game, I get super into it no matter who plays!
  • Options
    @taysun, that's why I can't watch th Bengals. That damn ginger qb pisses me off and that coach, man, I wish I could crotch punch him!
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    @Ken122014 press and hold the picture and view image comes up!
  • Options
    taysun said:
    @MrsBwIVF nobody but patriots fans like Brady, so I know everybody but us was happy about it, but it still hurt! I imagine I'll go into labor during or following a football game, I get super into it no matter who plays!
    I just thought he was a dumb ass for the whole phone thing.  
  • Options

ahh thank you @taysun- I feel slightly less stabby now!
  • Options
    kristen2bkristen2b member
    edited July 2015
    Ken122014 said:

My confession is I think I am officially on a post it at Sears! I ordered a washer and dryer and waiting about 25 days for it to get here (I just moved, so laundry has not been done for, oh, about a month). When they got here, the dryer didn't fit in my laundry room! So I went back to Sears to exchange then, and purposely picked a set that could be delivered by today, since i go back to work on Monday. The sales guy says, ok, this has to go through processing and you will get a phone call in 24-48 hours to tell you how much you are paying for the new set and when it will be delivered. It's been 48 hours and I haven't heard from them and I've called, chatted with them online, complained on Facebook, all multiple times and now it's Friday and there's no way they will be delivered on time and I am soooo freaking pissed off. The last bitch I talked to said, "actually, ma'am, it's 48 business hours." Aaaaagggggghhhhh. I'm feeling stabby.

Omg. I don't know how to gif anymore from iPhone. The three little dots you click on the "view image" are gone! Ahhhhhhh

ME TOO!!!
    Thank you @taysun!!!!
  • Options
    kristen2b said:

Ken122014 said:

ME TOO!!!
    Thank you @taysun!!!!
    So it isn't just my phone? What happened?!?! @redfallon we need new instructions, STAT!
  • Options

kristen2b said:

Ken122014 said:

ME TOO!!!
    Thank you @taysun!!!!
    So it isn't just my phone? What happened?!?! @redfallon we need new instructions, STAT!
    My Droid changed too! I had to start opening Crome just for the gifs....
  • Options
    Ken122014Ken122014 member
    edited July 2015
    It's actually easier than before. Hold down on the gif, and it'll say copy or save, click copy and the gif as normal :)

Idk if my pics will help or not...

Eta- I didn't check the link, my gif isn't actually a gif so isn't moving, but if it's a gif it'll work ;)
  • Options
    Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited July 2015
    The rental office to my apartment is maybe a 3 minute walk, but I drove anyway. It's hot and humid and it's my day off. Lol
  • Options

@herewegrow I used to have a similar relationship with my mom. My sister and I have realized that we just all communicate differently. So we really work at it. Calling her out and then giving her examples has been frustrating, but she has been showing progress. Maybe that is something you can do with your mom? It's a bit of work but it makes your relationship better in the long run. Just a suggestion though. I also don't know your mom so it may go waaaaayy left.

Her downfall is being so self-centered that it clouds her ability to think about her actions. Anyone's news is hers to share, helping her learn something new is highly offensive, trying to keep her from embarrassing herself is like killing her puppy.

She cannot respect "please keep this to yourself" for even a day, and this situation has occurred more than once. Obviously, I've learned my lesson and she will be last to know any other big news.
  • Options
    Ken122014 said:

I will rally on any anti-Sears post. Those jack holes were 4 weeks late delivering a fridge and then it was badly damaged when it did show up. So I took my business elsewhere but it was Black Friday which meant everything was back ordered. Because of their incompetence I was without a fridge for 8 weeks and lived out of a mini fridge. The third fridge (final) came 48 hrs before I was hosting Christmas Eve dinner for 10.

• Options
    Sorry, ladies, I don't know anything about Android phones!

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @redfallon it's iPhones that changed!  (or at least mine is an iPhone!)

@duckinoven I purchased a fridge too, which came right on time (obviously now I see I'm lucky with that!) then my w/d came right on time as well, but "right on time" meant a month after I ordered them, and the dryer didn't fit in my laundry room (my fault, not theirs).  So my initial experience wasn't horrible- though now I've heard many horrible initial experiences.  Who would think that exchanging something would be so difficult?!  I'm sorry, but you can't even tell me how much you're charging me, after 2 and a half days? No. Not ok.  
  • Options
    Ken122014 said:

@duckinoven I purchased a fridge too, which came right on time (obviously now I see I'm lucky with that!) then my w/d came right on time as well, but "right on time" meant a month after I ordered them, and the dryer didn't fit in my laundry room (my fault, not theirs).  So my initial experience wasn't horrible- though now I've heard many horrible initial experiences.  Who would think that exchanging something would be so difficult?!  I'm sorry, but you can't even tell me how much you're charging me, after 2 and a half days? No. Not ok.  
    Well, that is a sonofabiscuiteater!

I just checked mine and where the heck did the thing go????
    ~X(

Jamie

• Options
    Looks like I may have to look into one of those GIF keyboards now. This seriously sucks. I tried it on Safari and on Chrome and with both, I cannot see how to do it. Copy/paste of the image does not work for me. I tried that.

Jamie

• Options

For this to work I had to open Bing.com and then it has a thing to view source image. So it's Google search that has messed it up.

Jamie

• Options
    @Ken122014 this too shall pass. I'm sorry! I ended up ordering mine from GE directly since they could deliver within a week.

The second fridge was totally our fault, we didn't account for baseboards in the fridge cutout. And to make matters worse our door is only 31" wide, the whole door of the house and fridge had to be removed for delivery. The charms of old homes
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    Ken122014 said:

Android changed too! It seems to be the same
  • Options
    Bing still exists? On mobile? I tried adding a mind blown gif and the bump won't let me paste from gif keyboard ^#(^
    Yep. I typed in bing.com and then used that for searches. It has a downward-pointing arrow that when you click it has an option for "View Source Image" which will work like the "View Image" option on Google.

Jamie

• Options

@Ken122014 this too shall pass. I'm sorry! I ended up ordering mine from GE directly since they could deliver within a week.

The second fridge was totally our fault, we didn't account for baseboards in the fridge cutout. And to make matters worse our door is only 31" wide, the whole door of the house and fridge had to be removed for delivery. The charms of old homes

Omg I didn't even think of looking at the actual company website, lol! I ended up cancelling from Sears and ordering from Home Depot. Though they also said one week, so it works :) hopefully Home Depot is better than Sears!
  • Options
    Marchmellow2Marchmellow2 member
    edited July 2015
    I have a gif keyboard, I tried it here and it doesn't work, it only works via text or Facebook messenger. I use the PopKey app.

Here's a mind blown gif from safari. You just hold down on the gif and you can either copy or save image. Click copy then paste it here like normal. No need for the "view image" thing.

ETA: I still used google and I'm an updated iPhone

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My problem now is just that they aren't moving...

• Options
    Ken122014 said:

Yours is a jpeg btw, not gif. Maybe that's why it isn't moving. I quoted you to see if yours was a gif. Try a gif.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HD was our second delivery and they were great! The manufacturers just have Home Depot deliver anyway so we paid GE but Home Depot delivered it.
  • Options

I have a gif keyboard, I tried it here and it doesn't work, it only works via text or Facebook messenger. I use the PopKey app.

Here's a mind blown gif from safari. You just hold down on the gif and you can either copy or save image. Click copy then paste it here like normal. No need for the "view image" thing.

ETA: I still used google and I'm an updated iPhone

I tried that and it didn't work for me. I'll have to play with it more later.

Jamie

• Options
    Mags128Mags128 member
    edited August 2015
    @taysun I have to agree about Tom Brady. As a patriots fan I kind of really want to kick Roger Goddell
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options

Ken122014 said:

Yours is a jpeg btw, not gif. Maybe that's why it isn't moving. I quoted you to see if yours was a gif. Try a gif.
    Hmm. I can't see the link when I copy it (I guess when I paste it I can...) so I wasn't sure if that was the problem. When I search gif, nothing is moving. Let's try again.

ok now things are moving.
  • Options
    ChiccoBeanzChiccoBeanz member
    edited August 2015
    I know it's technically Monday, August 3rd, but....I have to admit this... I know to some, it may come across as rude, but I don't ask people about things in their lives because I feel like if they want me to know something, they'd share that information with me. So if it isn't something that I was already privy to, common knowledge or pertaining to someone we both know....chances are I won't ask. I don't mean to seem disinterested, but I know that I don't like when people ask me questions without my volunteering information. I find it rude and nosey....especially because I know some people who only ask, but never share...so that doesn't work for me. I needed to get that off my chest... I know I can be bitchy, but that was just something that I didn't want to add to my perceived bitchiness...