Pregnant after 35

Cell free DNA test

Has anyone taken this test? If so, how long did it take you to get results back?

Re: Cell free DNA test

• It took a couple of weeks, we got our results back at our next doctor's visit (they didn't call us with results or anything).
  • Just saw this ... We surprisingly got ours back in less than a week. If you had already taken the test when you posted this you have probably already gotten your results?! U hope everything turned out great!
  • Loading the player...
  • I got our cell free results back in 7 days. All negative for mutations. Plus we found out it's a girl!
  • We had the results in 6 days. Sample taken on Wednesday, got the call on the following Tuesday. They also indicated that Harmony in particular is delivering results faster than promised. We were found low-risk for everything, and we are also having a girl. Just shocked that we can know this still as early as we can. Totally thrilled to be having a girl, since I have three stepsons. We thought the odds were against us!
  • I did the blood work on a Monday and heard back by that Friday. It was great since the results were supposed to come in 7-10 days.
  • My test was done on a Thursday & I was told to call the following Friday for results. But when I did, they weren't ready :( Tried again on Monday & they were in! :) All screening can back negative (YAY!) & we were also told it's a girl! <3 Just not sure how well to trust the gender part of the test...I've heard to take the gender results with a grain of salt (?)
  • I think they can determine sex 99.9% since they are looking at DNA.
  • I just took my test on Monday, fingers crossed for great results.
  • ErinkaErinka member
    edited July 2015
    Just met with genetic counselor. She said the sex determination for Materniti21 is 99.6%. I'm having blood drawn in a week.
  • Are you guys taking this DNA testing because you already list a baby due to genetic disorder?
  • ErinkaErinka member
    edited August 2015
    No, my NT scan came back normal. I'm doing the extra testing because my insurance is completely covering it and I'm "AMA" at 35.
    newfie69 said:

Are you guys taking this DNA testing because you already list a baby due to genetic disorder?

• Just jumping in. I've heard a girl result could be incorrect (very low chance) but if you are told its a boy its 100%. Just what I heard!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Fwiw two of my friends have done the test and it was accurate.
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • ErinkaErinka member
    edited August 2015
    Good to know! I'm getting blood drawn on Wednesday for the MaterniTi21 test.
  • We got it done and results were back with in the week. The info I read said that with these newer tests gender is accurate with the exception of multiple births as they can't distinguish DNA between the babies. Either way I hope all screening results come back good :-)
  • ErinkaErinka member
    edited August 2015
    Which one did you get? My doc said results come back in 10-14 days. I don't live out in the hinterlands or anything ... I'm 10 minutes from a major US city. So I'm hoping the results come back soon! I can't wait to know more about my baby!
    maurahalp said:

We got it done and results were back with in the week. The info I read said that with these newer tests gender is accurate with the exception of multiple births as they can't distinguish DNA between the babies. Either way I hope all screening results come back good :-)

• Took Maternit21 on a Tuesday afternoon, was called the following Wednesday with the results. (6 business days)
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • I'm 38 and told my dr I want every test available as this is my first pregnancy.  At what point is this test done?  I'm 6w2d.

Thanks!

• Usually 11-13 weeks roughly.
  • Verifi can be done at 10 weeks
  • Anyone's OB use Counsyl?

I just got my blood draw yesterday and the nurse said that it takes 1-2 weeks to get the results back and Counsyl will email me if the results are negative but they contact the doctor only if any results were positive - I wish she didn't tell me that!!  I'm going to be freaking out every day that I don't hear anything!  We haven't had a nuchal yet - that will be done in 4 weeks (a little late, but I guess they aren't as concerned since I opted for the blood test).  I've just had the 8 week ultrasound so far.

We have no history - only risk factor is that I'm 35 (will be 36 at delivery), but still, that would drive anyone nuts! 

I am 11 weeks today.

• Updating my previous post to say that we ended up going with Panorama this morning. I should have the results in 7 days. Eek, @fitpreggers that feels like the least sensitive form of communicating results!! I'm sorry!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited September 2015
    @fitpreggers, we did Counsyl, but as far as I know that doesn't give you the sex; just Cyctic Fibrosis, Fragile X, etc. We also did Materna Plus, which can be done as early as ten weeks, because we had an early trisomy 13 missed miscarriage and found out (accurately) that we are having a girl.

And, if it makes you feel any better, we were never called with any of our results. We received tests from both tests in our doctor's office at our regularly scheduled next appointments.
  • I took Maternity21 and it took about 7 business days. My doctor commented that that was unusually long, so most people get it back much quicker.

As for the commenter who mentioned the accuracy of the sex of the baby, they don't really say you're having a girl. On my form, it says "No Y chromosome detected" meaning your're probably having a girl, but there is a small chance that they just didn't find the Y chromosome. Of course my doctor presented the results like "It's a girl!", but I thought it was very interesting when reading the print out from M21, that they phrased it differently.
  • this test can be done starting at 11 weeks but I am getting the first trimester screening AND this test, so both will be done at 12 weeks.