• Married 6/1/2012
  • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
  • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
  • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
  • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

Re: MOTN check in - Thursday

• ksimo6ksimo6 member
    edited July 2015
    Abe is up at 12:30 in The Midwest. I'm not sure what he's doing... He's been sleeping 10-3 for a week. I can only assume he hates me and is torturing me for sport.
    • Married 6/1/2012

• Loading the player...
  • We had a solid week of LO sleeping 6-7 hours. The past three nights, he went down to 4.5, then 4, and tonight only 3.5 hours. I don't get it. Thank good for the bump right now.

Pregnancy Ticker

• JessHeppellJessHeppell member
    edited July 2015
    whats motn stand for?

ETA: ___ of the night?
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member
    @JessHeppell Sorry! I meant to put that in the post. Middle of the night....
    It's a post my last Bump board used to do and it was fun from time to time!
    • Married 6/1/2012

• 1:00 here. Just after I got up for the baby I heard my oldest fall out of my bed. I went in to check on him and realized my middle must have pooped in his sleep. Luckily DH walked in right behind me so I didn't have to change him. Thank you DH for changing that whole-bag-of-baby-carrots poop and thank you oldest for falling out of bed so I didn't find out about it 6 hours from now.

MOTN adventures are never really over, ladies.
  • Who's up? Sebastian had decided everyone needed to pay attention to him.
    Where you at? Good ol' Heartlands
    What time is it? it's 1:03
    And what's happening? This kid can't decide what he wants. one second he's crying for food the next he's laughing at his hand. Momma just wants to sleep before going to work.
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited July 2015
    New England, 3:11 am...

Evelyn has been sleeping 5+ hours overnight and tonight only went 4 or so ... Blah. She's pretty chill though, no major spit up incidents and she's grunting but she's back down and I'm just checking the bump before I go back to sleep hopefully too! I'm pretty thankful because I was too lazy to use the vented anti-gas/anti-colic bottle for this feeding. Hoping I don't pay for it later!
  • 3:35 east coast. LO slept 6 1/2 hrs! DH bruised his ribs 2 days ago so he's up bc he's in pain. Life is great right now *hear the sarcasm*
  • Sammy KSammy K member
    edited July 2015
    3:30 Midwest/Heartland. I'm hoping what I smell is a poopy diaper and not a blow out. Then off to pump.

ETA No poop, just a foreboding of what is to come.
  • 449 in NY and baby has been up for over an hour. Getting so frustrated with breastfeeding. And now after eating four over forty five minutes he thinks it's playtime. What do you all do if your lo eats and then doesn't go to sleep-eyes wide open ready for play? I have all the lights on low while nursing and do everything quiet.
  • kbbtahkbbtah member
    4:16. We're nursing in the antique rocking chair that sounded like a good idea when
    I was pregnant, but damn it's uncomfortable! Soon as he's done, the pumping will begin. He's hit a growth spurt and is super needy. Guaranteed I wont go back to sleep. Mommas exhausted!
  • 4:45 in Texas. I woke up at 4 to find LO had scooted across his crib and his head was against the side. Decided to barely move his head, 15 minutes later LO is wide awake and eating. Seriously considering getting a bumper pad.
  • 4:08 Mountain standard time

Indian may have been a poor choice for dinner! LO has been up for almost 2 hours :(
  • 6:15 in the South. Olivia just woke up for the 2nd time. I really can't complain. She slept 5 hours, and then 3.5. That's pretty good for her! Now she's sleeping on the boppy after only 5 minutes of eating....

@kbbtah Totally feel you about the chair. Had to use a wooden rocking chair to nurse in at the ILs yesterday. Soooo uncomfortable. And LO kept slamming her head on the armrest! We splurged on the upholstered nursing glider at home. Money well spent!
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member

449 in NY and baby has been up for over an hour. Getting so frustrated with breastfeeding. And now after eating four over forty five minutes he thinks it's playtime. What do you all do if your lo eats and then doesn't go to sleep-eyes wide open ready for play? I have all the lights on low while nursing and do everything quiet.

@momtobe613 I swaddle him and put him in his bed awake. He grunts and talks for a bit and then goes to sleep. Just because he is awake doesn't mean I have to be!
    • Married 6/1/2012

• It's 4:45am in the pacific NW. Me and LO are the only ones up right now. DH and I trade off the middle of the night feed every night, so he's fast asleep. I just got done feeding LO, so I'm on the bump waiting a few minutes to see if she'll fall asleep. I hate getting comfortable and then having to get up for her, so I usually always wait 15 minutes to make sure she is really down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 2:27am here in Australia. LO has just finished eating and is now asleep on my shoulder. I try to keep him upright for 10 minutes after a feed so he doesn't spit up as much - longest 10 minutes of the night. Looking forward to going back to bed.
  • 12.04am Australia. LO is feeding or playing I'm to tired to care. If someone saw me now they would think I was an extra on the walking dead.

449 in NY and baby has been up for over an hour. Getting so frustrated with breastfeeding. And now after eating four over forty five minutes he thinks it's playtime. What do you all do if your lo eats and then doesn't go to sleep-eyes wide open ready for play? I have all the lights on low while nursing and do everything quiet.

I use my iPhone light to keep it dark as possible. Give him a burp, nappy change, re-swaddle, rest of the bottle (usually only 20ml or so) then back to bed. I guess I'm lucky he'll usually settle himself.
  • 12:52 in Australia, and LO is not starting the night well. Usually the first sleep is the longest but he's awake after 2 1/2 hours. Worried that it might be downhill from here. He had some epic spit ups in the evening so I'm hoping that's out of his system.
  • 1:49 am in Chicago suburbs. I'm awake pumping but LO isn't. Thought I had heard the early signs but he fixed back. Figured I should get this out of the way and have a bottle ready for him when he does wake. With my luck he'll choose tonight to sleep through and waste my efforts!
  • 1:52 am chicago burbs as well. Just fed LO and pumped after feeding. Now paying here bumping when I should be trying to fall back asleep.
  • 3:44 in Georgia. Finishing up giving LO his bottle. He slept from 10:15 till a little after 3. He's farting like crazy while he eats. Here's hoping for another 4 or 5 hours after this feeding.
  • 434 am, northern nj, praying LO eats good and gives me another good stretch of sleep. Momma needs it.
  • 4:45 in the Midwest. I am starting to figure this kid out. Swaddle with arms in for the first part of the night. At 3:30, there will be gas. Unswaddle arms and roll in to tummy. Back to sleep. 4:30 eat. Sleep on tummy until morning. Sorry sleep experts, this one won't sleep on her back after 3:30 am and I'm done fighting.
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited August 2015
    ^^^^^ mine sleeps on his tummy and loves it.
  • Sammy K said:

4:45 in the Midwest. I am starting to figure this kid out. Swaddle with arms in for the first part of the night. At 3:30, there will be gas. Unswaddle arms and roll in to tummy. Back to sleep. 4:30 eat. Sleep on tummy until morning. Sorry sleep experts, this one won't sleep on her back after 3:30 am and I'm done fighting.

My baby only sleeps on his tummy .. I totally am against the "new literature" .. As it was opposite before.. Babies need to sleep to grow and on their tummies is how they feel secure to sleep.. There is a lot more to SIDS, don't feel bad for one second
  • Cali 7pm.. LO napping in bouncy seat, just cooked dinner with DH and getting a 15 min pump session in...as its kind of a break I can pump and bump ;;)
  • @HayesRN13 With DS, I never let him sleep on his stomach for fear of being a bad mom. And he didn't sleep well until he could roll over. I'm so glad there are others that let their LO sleep on their tummy. It's made a huge difference and I don't feel bad. Just one of many reasons I like this board!
  • 1:00 AM here. LO is out but just ate, so I'm keeping him upright for a bit. Hoping for sleep for us all!!!
  • 2:05am in MB, Canada! Little bird just ate, changed and is now back asleep, we're just having some reclined tummy time while he's out to hopefully help with digestion as we normally do. Thinking about how much I love this little guy! I'm exhausted, but I know I'll miss this so much once he's older.
  • 3:15 am here in the Pittsburgh area and I'm up with my little dude. I know you're not supposed to interact with them much during the night so that they learn nighttime is for sleeping but he's just so stinking cute and he was looking at me smiling while I changed his diaper and I couldn't resist talking to him a little bit and smiling
  • 2:45 in central Texas. LO woke up scared out of his mind because DH snored crazy loud and woke him (and the neighborhood) up. At least he's going back to sleep easy... I'd hate to have to wake DH up to take him. ;)
  • 3 am in the Midwest. LO is fighting terrible gas tonight. And she smells awful. I can only imagine how bad she must feel.