April 2016 Moms

How will you announce??

I've been thinking about how to tell my parents and then how to tell the world, but I'm not coming up with anything clever!

For baby 1, we did a Christmas announcement and took a picture of our stockings and a baby stocking hanging up by the fireplace. My 12 week appointment is in September, so I have some time, but I'm a planner. 

I like the idea of using shoes to announce, but hubs nixed that until we know the sex... he says shoes are "too gender specific." *eyeroll*  And I don't like the "Eviction notice" sign because it makes me feel like I'm replacing Baby 1.

Anyone have cute ideas I could steal borrow?

Thanks so much!!

Re: How will you announce??

• I just ordered these crochet baby shoes in all white (so not gender specific) to give to our parents. Click here. I asked for the sign inside the box to read:

"You're going to be Grandparents!
    Baby Rivera Coming April 2016"
  • I told DH by putting DD in the cutest aqua and gold glitter shirt. We want to keep it a secret between us for a while (and we can because we don't live near family and I didn't show until halfway through before) so around 12 weeks, after our first scan, we'll probably FaceTime with our parents and have her wear that shirt. To announce to the world, our neighbor (who already knows, she is more like family), is going to help us take a version of this picture:
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a "big sister" shirt made and it's super cute but I ordered and the shirt was HUGE. So I am just going to design another "big sister" shirt with the same person. I am sad it was huge but it's my own fault.
  • That's so clever, @careauxlina10t ! I didn't even think about grandparents' day!

• @ShamrockGirl518 we did the same thing with the baby booties in a box. I saw them on etsy, but decided to make it myself. It turned out super cute! We used it to tell my parents last weekend. Last night we used it to tell my MIL and step FIL. Today we are telling FIL and step MIL, except for them we are using beer we found that has our last name in it. Our name is Craft and the beer is called Small Craft Warning. Its too perfect! We'll bring it over today and tell them we found this new beer to try, and see if they get it! ;)
  • @loveymay Awww how did everyone react?! I can't wait to give them to our parents. We're trying to wait until after the first appointment but I don't think that will last. :-)

The beer idea is too perfect!
  • We did the stocking picture for my first too! We made mugs for our families and then posted this on FB:

We'll see both families in 3 weeks, so I made DD a shirt that says "I'm a big sister" to have her wear that day. Here's the in-process picture. I just free-handed with a bleach pen. On a side note, apparently you have to be at least a size 2T to have a sibling. Grr. I think for everyone else, we're going to post a picture of her on Labor Day with something like "We're postponing Labor Day until 4/2/16". It's a couple days after I hit 10 weeks. 

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did the stocking picture for my first too! We made mugs for our families and then posted this on FB:

We'll see both families in 3 weeks, so I made DD a shirt that says "I'm a big sister" to have her wear that day. Here's the in-process picture. I just free-handed with a bleach pen. On a side note, apparently you have to be at least a size 2T to have a sibling. Grr. I think for everyone else, we're going to post a picture of her on Labor Day with something like "We're postponing Labor Day until 4/2/16". It's a couple days after I hit 10 weeks. 

Anniversary 
  • We plan on taking a pic of our first baby (our dog ) holding a sign that says baby D gaurd dog duty begins April 2016. So excited can't wait to announce it to everyone.
  • I love all these announcement ideas! Y'all are so creative!

I talked to hubs about it, and he said he wants to make a movie poster. I'm so excited he has an idea, lol! I'll post the announcement here when he's done it... Whenever that is.

• We're telling the guests at DS's birthday party on 8/15. We're gonna get everyone together for a group pic and say "everyone say, 'K's pregnant!'" Hoping we get some good reaction shots and I'm gonna video it on my phone. Anyone who's not at the party will find out with a Facebook post after the first trimester is over.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• I am so anxious about telling anyone, I just can't fathom a big announcement. I had an ectopic in March so I am just kind of nervous and don't feel like talking about it.

I am also fairly private, so I don't intend to go the Facebook route. Probably just wait till I am showing and absolutely can't hide it any longer then make H tell people so I don't have to field questions.
  • Those with fur babies..I saw this announcement while browsing pinterest and thought it was SO cute!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • With our first, I told DH in a fortune cookie and videoed his reaction. Then we flew to Texas to tell my sister and ILs on my sister's birthday. We had a cake made that said "happy birthday aunt Erin" and we were able to video that. For this pregnancy I told DH by having dd wear shirt and I videoed it again. I haven't thought about how to tell my parents yet (we are currently cruising with them). Last time my "morning" sickness and fatigue was so bad we couldn't keep it quiet long since we see my parents all the time. I think I might tell my ILs by having them FaceTime for an ultrasound appointment once we have hit the 12 week mark
    <image>
  • clgregson said:
    I love all these announcement ideas! Y'all are so creative! I talked to hubs about it, and he said he wants to make a movie poster. I'm so excited he has an idea, lol! I'll post the announcement here when he's done it... Whenever that is.

Love your poster idea! For our official announcememnt we are doing a movie trailer.
  • We used my dog for our announcement with DD, for those that are looking for furbaby ideas. We took a picture of my Lab wearing a sign around her neck that said "The family that I love and protect is growing by one heartbeat!" with the due date and ultrasound picture.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker