TTC after 35

Just want to say hello.

Hello all - I've been a "lurker" on these boards for some time and am so impressed with your open and caring natures.  It's great to know there's a supportive community out there.

My husband and I have been TTC #1 for more than 2 years - he just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago and I will be 40 in August.  Last year I was finally diagnosed with endo after a HSG test revealed I had a blocked tube.  I had a gnarly surgery last October to remove the tube and clean out the endo tissue (seriously, it was awful - you know how they get rid of the tissue?  They burn it off - so it's like having a bunch of burns on your inside.  I don't recommend it.)

After I recovered from surgery we tried for a few more months on our own, as there was still a slim chance we could get pregnant.  Finally decided to buckle down and do IVF and started our first round in June.  Now in the middle of it - waiting to hear how many blasts made it to day 6 (we only had three yesterday).  Then we have to decide if we're going to PGD/PGS test these or just try transferring them and see what happens.  Very anxious.  It's our first IVF cycle so it's all new to me.  Luckily I have a number of good friends who have done it and I live in LA where IVF is as normal as a trip to Whole Foods  :-) - so I have lots of resources around me and for that I feel blessed.

Thanks for listening and I wish you all the best of luck on your journeys.  This is one of the hardest things I've ever done and I truly feel for anyone experiencing it.

Re: Just want to say hello.

• Welcome!  I'm sorry about your surgery, but hope things come together for your soon!  Good luck!
  • Welcome and best of luck to you!  We have a really great and supportive community here  :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!! Sending good thoughts to those blasts!!! 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• emsmama15emsmama15 member
    edited July 2015
    Welcome!  I hope your three made it.  Keep us updated! 
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Welcome! I'm new here too, and already feel so welcome. It's really nice having others to share our journey with.
  • Welcome and GL!!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Thanks, all, for your very kind words. All three of the blasts made it to day 6 and all looked pretty good. After much consideration we decided to move forward with PGS testing. I just don't want to waste more time with a transfer that might not work. This way, we will know in a week or so if we have any normal embryos and, if we don't, we can start another round sooner. So, the waiting continues. I wish we had more blasts to work with but I'm grateful for what I have and trying to stay open to the process.
  • Welcome and good luck! Very supportive board. You will feel right at home through the ups and downs.
  • Welcome! I'm new as well but the ladies are so nice here. I'm glad for your good news. Fingers crossed for continued good news on your IVF journey and BFP.
  • Welcome and good luck!
  • Quick update - all three of our blasts were good enough to send through for genetic testing and now we are quite anxiously awaiting those results.  Hoping to get them in the next few days, as it's been over a week.  I have been staying busy with work and house projects but the anxiety creeps in at the strangest moments.  It reminds me that so much of our future is hinging on this test and what it says.  How we proceed next is dictated by these test results.  

Thanks to you all for the well wishes and greetings.  Glad to be here.