Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

When does the bleeding stop?

I got my BFP on 7/13 and started spotting on 7/18. 

Confirmed that my HCG levels are decreasing. 

I've been bleeding pretty much non stop since Monday (7/20). How long can I expect this to last? It is a horrible reminder of what isn't there any more. 
Anniversary

\

Re: When does the bleeding stop?

• My 1st MC was very early (4w3d) and it was about a week of bleeding. 4 or 5 days of very heavy bleeding with clots and then over 2 or 3 days went to light bleeding then spotting. Everyone is different but usually if it's before 6ish weeks it dosn't last much longer than that if at all. I remember those first few days went by so slowly for me too. Very sorry for your loss.
  • Hi, I as thinking of posting a similar thread today, this is my 14th day of heavy bleeding since doc confirmed m/c. I'm tired and fed up, I think I've come to terms with the loss and every day I'm stronger in that sense but I'm just so sad every morning when I wake up and I'm still bleeding.
    I passed the sac a few days ago, it was horrendously painful but the bleeding and pain seemed to vanish soon after and I was so relieved, but then the following day bleeding started again, it's maybe not as heavy but still constant. I just want this whole thing to be over and finding the constant bleeding the hardest part of it all.
    Lots of love to everyone going through this.
  • Loading the player...
  • SonyaL9 said:
    Hi, I as thinking of posting a similar thread today, this is my 14th day of heavy bleeding since doc confirmed m/c. I'm tired and fed up, I think I've come to terms with the loss and every day I'm stronger in that sense but I'm just so sad every morning when I wake up and I'm still bleeding. I passed the sac a few days ago, it was horrendously painful but the bleeding and pain seemed to vanish soon after and I was so relieved, but then the following day bleeding started again, it's maybe not as heavy but still constant. I just want this whole thing to be over and finding the constant bleeding the hardest part of it all. Lots of love to everyone going through this.
    Thinking of you. 
    Anniversary

\

• Every woman is different. I miscarried two days after Mother's Day. Unfortunately for me I kept bleeding (not heavy but not light) until last week when my hcg was at 6. Then I started spotting for a week and now I'm pretty sure I started my menstral because it came complete with a heavier flow, cramps, moodiness, lower backache and pimples like it usually does. So I'm pretty much over this by now. But my dr said some women only bleed for two weeks and some for 4 and some for six after a miscarriage. I guess I'm just lucky.
  • SonyaL9 said:
    Hi, I as thinking of posting a similar thread today, this is my 14th day of heavy bleeding since doc confirmed m/c. I'm tired and fed up, I think I've come to terms with the loss and every day I'm stronger in that sense but I'm just so sad every morning when I wake up and I'm still bleeding. I passed the sac a few days ago, it was horrendously painful but the bleeding and pain seemed to vanish soon after and I was so relieved, but then the following day bleeding started again, it's maybe not as heavy but still constant. I just want this whole thing to be over and finding the constant bleeding the hardest part of it all. Lots of love to everyone going through this.

This is me now. I passed the sac yesterday. I too just want it to be over so I can start to move on. I'm so sorry you had to go through this.
  • Hi, just an update, it was horrendous but I feel like it's all coming to an end now, I stopped bleeding 6 days after passing the sac and touch wood I've not had any blood in 3 days, only thing I'm suffering with now is recurring back pain, I assume it's my body just adjusting and getting back to normal, it's 3 weeks and 2 days since miscarriage started with first bleed etc and I feel like I'm finally getting back to normal self. Lots of love as always to anyone going through this x
  • I can't cope with the empty feeling inside. Everything felt tight when my little baby was there, and that was so scary and painful at times. But now the emptiness and the bleeding makes me feel trapped in a circle of questioning why? I never knew I was empty until now.
  • I had a spontaneous miscarriage last Saturday. The whole week prior to it I was spotting, according to my fertility calendar I would have gotten my period Monday. By Monday the massive clots stopped, and I had what acted like a normal period for my normal length.
    Everyone is different. Mine happened with out assistance (I hate the term natural) but with assistance (pill or D&C) your body may not recognize the absence the same way it would had it done it on its own... So bleeding may be on the longer side. If you experience more than 2 weeks, or continued large clots, call your OB. D&C can cause trauma to your uterine lining, clots can be a sign of damage.