June 2015 Moms

Healthy Mamas check-in week of 7/27

So sorry I didn't get around to this yesterday! Very busy day!

1. Weeks post partum
2. What workouts are you doing?
3. Accomplishments/challenges
4. GTKY: what is your favorite children's story?

Re: Healthy Mamas check-in week of 7/27

• Sammy KSammy K member
    edited July 2015
    1. 6 wk pp
    2. Walking. And vacuuming, if that counts. But my goal today is to get my bike set up on the trainer in the guest room so I can ride when LO is napping. I probably won't have time to ride today, but this week for sure.
    3. I've finally found motivation to clean up my eating. I don't have far to go weight -wise but a long way to go fitness-wise. Sleep is definitely my biggest challenge.
    4. I like reading Goodnight, goodnight Construction Site to DS. DH and I are both engineers so it's right up my alley.

ETA: 30 min on my bike, hurrah! And my lady parts did just fine for taking a year of the bike.
  • 1. 6 weeks PP. tomorrow is my appointment, so I should get the okay to start exercising.

2. Walking and Post pregnancy workout on Fitness
    blender. It's a free 17 minute video that is amazing and just rebuilds your core with really low impact movements.

3. I feel I'm doing better with my eating but my sweet tooth is still out of control!

4. I love Where the Wild Things Are. My boys love a variety of books
  • Loading the player...
  • esampson1983esampson1983 member
    edited July 2015
    1. 9 weeks pp
    2. Primarily yoga. It's gotten really hot down here and I don't feel comfortable taking LO out in this heat any longer than needed.
    3. I didn't get a lot of yoga in this week between fussy baby post 2 month shots and life throwing other curveballs in the mix... As I get closer to returning to work I keep wondering how I will get it in but we will figure something out... We always do ;)
    4. I love The Giving Tree. Waiting till LO is a little older before introducing it to him.
  • btm013btm013 member
    1. 8.5 weeks

2. I joined the daily burn and stream it on my TV. I started with "true beginner." I was so sick up until 20 weeks and needless to say I wasn't working out at all for the majority of my pregnancy. Also, since my csection my core is shot. So I'm slowly building it back up again. I attempted a post partum yoga and laying on my stomach is just not possible yet.

3. I've been eating lots of greens which is severely affecting LO. Lots of gas. My LC confirmed that all the healthy foods can wreak havoc on the baby. I totally saw that today. I was pretty much verbally abused all day as I tried to burp him haha.

4. Pat the bunny!

I'm totally having a "I hate my body" day. I gained 50lbs and still have 20 more to go. I've got a lot of work to do with these last 20.
  • aj1327aj1327 member
    1. 7 weeks PP

2. I've been doing yoga and walking. I've tried to throw in some jogging but I haven't made it very far. It's extremely hot here...I'm hoping I can go further in the fall.

3. I've also been better about cleaning up my eating. Lots of salads really make my LO gassy, so I've backed off of those, but my snacks have definitely been healthier.

4. I Love You Because You're You and Where the Wild Things Are.
  • ElRubyElRuby member
    1. 7 weeks post partum
    2. Just started going to the gym... Tried a body pump class and yoga.
    3. My challenge is to keep DS busy during the day to avoid chaos... We have had some successes and some failures.... Today we may attempt to tie dye everything and anything we can find :)
    4. I love Goodnight Goodnight Construction site and classic fables and fairy tales.
  • What do you guys think about having weekly goals? Like on Mondays we say how many times we want to work out, or do meal planning, or some other goal, and on Sundays check back in. Just another way to stay accountable. Thoughts?
  • Sammy K said:

What do you guys think about having weekly goals? Like on Mondays we say how many times we want to work out, or do meal planning, or some other goal, and on Sundays check back in. Just another way to stay accountable. Thoughts?

I think that's a great idea! If I forget to add it next week remind me
    ;)
  • Sammy K said:

What do you guys think about having weekly goals? Like on Mondays we say how many times we want to work out, or do meal planning, or some other goal, and on Sundays check back in. Just another way to stay accountable. Thoughts?

Love it! I need to be held accountable.
  • 1. 5 weeks 

2. Mostly just walking and my farm chores, but did a REALLY REALLY slow turn on the elliptical today for 20 minutes. I have very little poundage left to lose but am worried I'll start gaining again if I don't work out. i don't have my 6 week appt til monday (hopefully I'll get cleared) so I am just taking it easy, but my Virginia hasn't hurt for a while and I haven't bled (except occasional spotting) for a while either. 

3. Challenges: Eating healthy. I gave up all "diet" food and ate "real food" ( an excuse to eat all the yummy things, instead of the diet stuff!) while pregnant, i.e. nothing with artificial sweetners, whole milk, whole fat yogurt, etc, and now I am having trouble being ok with those things, since I am trying to lose weight instead of just not gain it too fast.

4. I am a teacher and have many a fave children's book. Someone got me a Click Clack Moo board book that I am pretty stoked to read to LO. 
  • Just curious, is anyone braving gym child care any time soon? Ours (the Y) will take 6 week olds but my husband feels that's too young. Our older boys are there at least twice a week and it will be way easier to get workouts in when I can just drop all 3 off.
  • I won't until she has her 2 month shots. Just to be safe.
  • That makes sense. I was worried more about general dirty snotty kid illnesses, but of course there are bigger dangers.
  • 1. 6 weeks PP. tomorrow is my appointment, so I should get the okay to start exercising.

2. Walking and Post pregnancy workout on Fitness
    blender. It's a free 17 minute video that is amazing and just rebuilds your core with really low impact movements.

3. I feel I'm doing better with my eating but my sweet tooth is still out of control!

4. I love Where the Wild Things Are. My boys love a variety of books

I love fitness blender. I did a quick gentle yoga one the other day.
  • Shit just got real. I tried on work clothes at many stores today... @-) :(( [-(

If anyone needs me I'll be working out for the next 3 weeks straight until my first day of work.
  • @swaugh14 I have 5 weeks but I'm in the same boat!
  • janat1717janat1717 member
    edited July 2015
    9 weeks pp

Walking, squats and box step ups all while carrying LO in my arms. Some rowing

I really want to make it to some yoga in the park on Sunday's but we keep not going :( it's hard to make it out the door at specific time

Right now we love reading Barnyard Dance

Edited cause I can't spell
  • Did you guys experience weight loss plateaus? I know im only 3 weeks PP but I haven't lost any weight since my initial weight loss at the end of week 1. I'm walking some, trying to eat healthy and drinking lots of water. Also EBF. Am I being unrealistic with my goals?
  • With all three of my pregnancies I gained 25 pounds, lost 15 immediately, and then the last 10 went away without extra effort (with diet or exercise) but over several months. So for me breastfeeding makes losing the weight very easy but not very fast.
  • I gained 40 (twins), lost 20 effortlessly right away, and I've been stuck since then. 8 weeks pp.

The other day, I started tracking calories just out of curiosity. Holy cow, I eat a lot. :) gonna have to be a little more selective in what I eat. Since I'm hungry all the time, I need to make sure to eat better quality foods. Less pop tarts for me. ;)
  • And I don't know if this is true but it's how I think of it. I don't get back to my pre-baby weight right away because my baby's not don't with my body yet, we're still sharing it. I lose the last of the weight around the time the baby starts really relying on other food sources.
  • I guess I just need to give it some more time. We're going to the beach in 6 weeks and id love to not have to buy new clothes. I've got 19pounds to go. Struggling with this post baby body! Love how everyone tells me the weight will just "melt off". Ugh.
  • I put on a swimsuit yesterday and it did not help my self esteem. I know it's only been 6 weeks, but I'm not used to this muffin top and squishy middle.

@423ang I'm trying to make better food choices too. I'm afraid if I cut calories it will affect my supply.
  • Most of the weight fell off for me. It's just shifted to my hips and my boobs. So none of my clothes fit any more. I'm with you all on trying to make better food choices- I am trying to add more snacks that have more of a nutritional value throughout the day. Hopefully doing that won't affect my supply.
  • 47923ang47923ang member
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, I'm not trying to cut calories. I'm still going to eat when I'm hungry (which is often!). But I don't need empty calories, so I'm just going to try to eat less junky foods and more whole foods.

ETA--I'm also not particularly worried about the weight at this point, either. It took awhile to gain it, it'll take awhile to lose it. I just don't want to keep it on forever.
  • Anyone have a flappy kangaroo pouch? I can't get rid of it! So much extra skin...
  • I gained 29 while pregnant and lost 25 by 6w PP without effort other than breastfeeding. Now that I was cleared to exercise last week, I figure the rest will come off...though I've lost some muscle that will need to be rebuilt. So it's likely I have more than 4lbs of actual fat to lose.

It's hard to do anything other than walk when I'm home alone with DD all day (she's super clingy and only naps on top of me) but while DH was around this weekend I was able to do some pilates mat work Friday, kettle bell lifting and 30 minutes on my new elliptical Saturday, and yoga and 45 minutes on the elliptical today. It feels awesome to be active again! Now if I could just find a way to amuse DD so I can do this during the week, we'll be in business!

PS even though I tool it easy I am crazy sore already...apparently I no longer have ab muscles. Sigh.
  • delujm0 said:

I gained 29 while pregnant and lost 25 by 6w PP without effort other than breastfeeding. Now that I was cleared to exercise last week, I figure the rest will come off...though I've lost some muscle that will need to be rebuilt. So it's likely I have more than 4lbs of actual fat to lose.

It's hard to do anything other than walk when I'm home alone with DD all day (she's super clingy and only naps on top of me) but while DH was around this weekend I was able to do some pilates mat work Friday, kettle bell lifting and 30 minutes on my new elliptical Saturday, and yoga and 45 minutes on the elliptical today. It feels awesome to be active again! Now if I could just find a way to amuse DD so I can do this during the week, we'll be in business!

PS even though I tool it easy I am crazy sore already...apparently I no longer have ab muscles. Sigh.

Oh the ab exercises hurt at first for sure. It got easier over time for me and I hope it does for you as well! I am 10 weeks out and am able to do a lot more core exercises and hold planks for a longer period of time. Good luck!
  • I did yoga yesterday and I'm sore. Long way to go. ..
  • I still can't do the stomach floor yoga positions. I had a csection and boy does that area still feel tender. I can't lay on my stomach at all!