2nd Trimester
Options

Is anyone else losing sleep?

I am only 14 and half weeks and I've been having a lot of discomfort during sleep! Even though morning sickness has subsided significantly, I wake up in the middle of the night extremely uncomfortable. I toss and turn and seem to be up for almost two hours. The methods I've used to try and get comfortable is changing the clothes I'm wearing, getting a drink of water, pointing a fan in my face, and none is working for me. Have any of you other mommies gone through this discomfort? And if so, what can I do to avoid this or make it better? It's driving me crazy!

Answers

• Options
    Hi :) have u tries drinking milk and a banana before bed? I can't sleep if I don't have something to eat before bed and these two foods do the trick :) good luck!
  • Options
    I've been losing sleep since 8 weeks right now I'm laying in bed been up since 3 am gave up going back to sleep at 6 it's awful then when this happens I get extra emotional that day! I try reading I go to sleep when I'm tired try to skip naps nothing works!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    18 weeks pregnant and have been waking up over approx 7 times a night from when I was 14 weeks.
    I wake up tossing and turning all night, and toilet breaks.
    And horrible nightmares.
    I have been sleeping much better this week from having a pillow behind me/tucked under my back. I find that more comfortable, and not eating after 6pm.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat.  I haven't had a normal sleep since I found out I was pregnant.  It's been even worse these last two weeks.  I have been taking naps still and I am wondering if that has something to do with it.  I still wake up 2-3 times a night, when I haven't napped that day, but I find I sleep a little bit better when I can actually make it through my day without napping. I eat a little something before bed, between 8-9pm and try not to have any fluids after 8. That way, I may/may not wake up for a bathroom break and my stomach isn't screaming to be fed at 4 in the morning.