Trying to Get Pregnant

Drink till its pink?

klange15klange15 member
edited August 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
question! I know this has been asked before and some of you long timers are probably going to be rude and tell me to "lurk" but you know what? I wanted to ask for myself and maybe get some new-comer answers! So please, if you're going to be negative, please leave because that is soooo not what this website is used for! So, I'm on my cycle after a very early miscarriage (hoping for the best this time) and had a drink last night and two tonight! I don't plan on drinking anymore till we know seeing I have a short cycle and will probably know sometime next week! My question is how many of you abstain from drinking or actually drink till its pink?! I heard that the first few weeks don't matter since you don't share anything with the baby, yet I still feel this slight regret thinking what if those two drinks tonight will make me miscarry again, or something else not good?!

Re: Drink till its pink?

• I'm in my second month TTC. I haven't drinken anything but honestly, I'm not a big drinker. I leave for vacation monday and plan on taking a test in the morning just to have peace of mind in case I do drink something while away. I know drinking until you get a BFP has zero effect on conceiving but I still don't feel completely comfortable with drinking while TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a heavy drinker, but I've had drinks previously during the 2WW.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• I have had some wine here and there. Asked my doctor, and he said "the industry standard is to say no drinking. The reality is research suggests alcohol in moderation is fine."
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I stopped drinking all together when we decided to start ttc. I was never a big drinker before that, though. (Maybe 1-2 drinks per month?) I felt it better to err on the side of caution.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Me: 26, DH: 31
    Married: August 13, 2011
    Due Date: June 15, 2017
    Fur Babies: Remi (Labrador, 9) and Brutus (Pug, 4)
  • klange15 said:
    Obviously I did go there! ;) this is an open website, therefore, if I want to ask a question, I'm am more than free to do so! Thanks for your wonderful gif though! :)
    Yeah, I think it was less asking a question (even though the question has been asked a lot, including recently) and more the way you set it up.... saying, in the same breath, that regular contributors are rude but that negativity is "soooo not what this website is used for." Seems a bit hypocritical.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• klange15 said:
    Thank you to all you lovely ladies that did reply though!!! :) I'm done, I just wanted to see if I could ease the guilt!
    If this is the case I'm just genuinely confused why you couldn't search for a similar thread. How does it make a difference if a bunch of people today say "drink til it's pink!" vs. a few weeks ago?

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• klange15 said:

Thank you to all you lovely ladies that did reply though!!! :) I'm done, I just wanted to see if I could ease the guilt!

You've also succeeded in letting us know you think a lot of us are rude, so you're welcome, I guess?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• klange15 said:
    Honestly, a lot of people on this sight are rude. I think it's pathetic when I go and read threads and see someone attacking another person for asking a simple question. I really couldn't care less how many times a question has been answered. Obviously if you know the question has been answered and still click on the thread to read it, then it's a bit pathetic to even click on it...just sayin'! ;P
    Right now you're the only person saying that people are rude and pathetic. I just want to know why having people today tell you that they drink while TTC eases your guilt any more than people a month ago saying the same thing.

• klange15 said:

question! I know this has been asked before and some of you long timers are probably going to be rude and tell me to "lurk" but you know what? I wanted to ask for myself and maybe get some new-comer answers! So please, if you're going to be negative, please leave because that is soooo not what this website is used for! So, I'm on my cycle after a very early miscarriage (hoping for the best this time) and had a drink last night and two tonight! I don't plan on drinking anymore till we know seeing I have a short cycle and will probably know sometime next week! My question is how many of you abstain from drinking or actually drink till its pink?! I heard that the first few weeks don't matter since you don't share anything with the baby, yet I still feel this slight regret thinking what if those two drinks tonight will make me miscarry again, or something else not good?!

So what you are saying is that you don't have to follow established rules or community standards? That you are too much of a special sneauxflake to use the search feature? That is what you are communicating.

To answer your question: I'm 7DPO & I am getting wine drunk currently. Until I test positive give me all the booze.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @klange15 : do you understand the term "trolling"? Why would you do this? I don't think anyone on this board is pathetic. That's way harsh.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• klange15 said:

A negative rep? So many of you attack people on here everyday! You think I'm worried about one post giving me a negative rep? Also if I had asked this and not put the first part, I willing to bet money that at least two of you would have replied "pay attention to the rules, go lurk other forums" and any other pathetic response you could come up with!

Even as it is, people have answered your question and provided you links to more information.

The only negative response you are getting is because of your negative assumptions.

It must be easy of you to assume what would have happened if you hadn't prefaced your post with how negative you expected it to go. You can bet your money all day long, but it proves nothing, other than the fact that you have a negative opinion of the board, which still begs the question of why you chose to post in the first place if that was your impression.

I truly fail to understand....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• klange15 said:
    My point to this thread was to answer my question. I actually stated that if you had a problem with me reasking a question, you could click back to leave. Go look on apples App Store at the reviews for this website. It's horrible because of how rude and nasty people can be!
    If people are horrible, rude, and nasty here, why bother with this site? There are tons of other TTC sites that are more rainbows and puppies if that's more your style.

• klange15 said:

A negative rep? So many of you attack people on here everyday! You think I'm worried about one post giving me a negative rep? Also if I had asked this and not put the first part, I willing to bet money that at least two of you would have replied "pay attention to the rules, go lurk other forums" and any other pathetic response you could come up with!

Wow. Just wow.

You know the phrase of "you know what you get when you ASSume"? Pretty sure just the first part in that phrase applies in this case though.
  • klange15 said:

My point to this thread was to answer my question. I actually stated that if you had a problem with me reasking a question, you could click back to leave. Go look on apples App Store at the reviews for this website. It's horrible because of how rude and nasty people can be!

The only one being "rude and nasty" is you. If you don't want to follow board etiquette, then feel free to leave.
  • klange15 said:

It's not very nice to insult people, wouldn't you consider that "rude & nasty"?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• So your question has been answered in a very polite & factual way. Im not sure what else you can gain from further insulting us. If anything, the rational & knowledgable answers to this repeat thread proves your original hypothesis (we are mean to repeat questions) invalid.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• klange15 said:

@keeira sweetie, I am following board rules: 2. Mostly likely, someone has asked your question before. The search function is very helpful. It allows you to quickly find threads about specific topics and find members having similar experiences. But, we all want to hear from you, too! When you want the community’s feedback on your personal experiences or specific concerns, feel free to start a new discussion.

Shame on me for asking a question that's already been answered! How dare I! Let's all attack the new comer? But wait?! What if the new comer attacks us for always attacking the new comer?! The. What the hell do we do?!

So you know the rules but choose not to follow them because of your speshul snowflake concern?

Don't call me sweetie either. Totally condescending reply. I stand by my word, if you don't like it here, leave. Don't keep insulting regular members here. If you want to learn more, use the search function.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"