July 2015 Moms

Bridesmaid rant

FTM with an EDD of July 28, however my LO decided to come on July 6.

My BFF is getting married on October 25 and I'm the MOH. I've been helping with the planning, since her engagement.

However, since my LO came early, I was excited to go brides maid shopping along with all the other BMs AND get the opportunity to try on dresses. Normally, I'm a size six. I know that I'm bound to lose weight, even if I don't get down to a size 6 by October. With that in mind, I wasn't planning on buying my dress today. Just get an idea on what style I like.

The store clerk was so RUDE to me. Saying I wasn't going to lose the weight and I might as well buy a dress a size 14 bc there was no way I was going to get to a size 6. I told her I had a baby 3.5 weeks ago and I've already lost 20 lbs. she didn't know my body and I still has three months to go.

This is a store that sells dresses off the rack as well, not just ordered.

She made me feel so horrible and I almost cried in the store. Then she rushed me off because I wasn't ordering the dress. She said she had real clients to tend to.

I just wanted to vent. That is all. Thanks for reading.

Re: Bridesmaid rant

• That's so rude! I would complain to her manager about that. And I'd go to a different store to buy the dress if possible. Bravo to you for going and trying on dresses! I can't imagine doing that--I'm having enough trouble showering and getting dressed each day let alone leaving the house to do anything.
  • OMG! I'm livid for you. When I went bridesmaid shopping with my BMs I had a bad experience too. From the time we walked in to when we left was a nightmare. I told off the person tending to us and the manager. I can't stand bad service.
    You should ignore her. You are right in saying she doesn't know you or your body. You shouldn't give them the business and find another place to order your dress.

• Loading the player...
  • That's so rude! I would complain to her manager about that. And I'd go to a different store to buy the dress if possible. Bravo to you for going and trying on dresses! I can't imagine doing that--I'm having enough trouble showering and getting dressed each day let alone leaving the house to do anything.

Completely agree with talking to this lady's manager, this treatment is completely out of line! Stay strong, mama!
  • When I was getting married I heard that dress shops suggested ordering a much larger size in bridesmaid sizes so they can make money on alterations.

You know yourself better than a sales clerk. Order the size you feel comfortable with
  • She's a jerk and that's horrible customer service. I know it's hard, but try not to let it get to you...also remember that bridesmaid and wedding dress sizes are funky, I'm usually a size six and I think my wedding dress was a "10" (of course it was altered, taken in etc..). You will get back down to your normal size soon :) if I were you I would wait as long as you can to order the dress and go from there, I'm sure it will need to be altered in some way so no harm in going a size bigger to be safe and have it taken in when the time comes. Also- if you can find the dress at another store you should- that lady does not deserve your business!
  • Wow, that is so rude! So sorry you were treated that way :( I think you handled it so gracefully. And you are exactly right, you JUST had a baby, so buying a size that fits you today is prob not wise because in a week you'll be swimming in it!