October 2015 Moms
Options

Crack for babies

so I went in for my glucose tolerance test and about 45 minutes after I drank that nasty stuff, this little boy of mine went wiggle crazy! I've never felt him move so much. It made me smile throughout the day and he didn't stop until it was almost bed time. He's wiggling pretty good this morning too so I know he's growing and getting stronger. Did anyone else's LO do a disco routine after that drink? \:D/

Re: Crack for babies

• Options
    Not too much with the glucose test but he does with orange juice hehe
  • Options
    Yup! The drink gave me a headache, but it felt like DS was having a dance party!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! I texted my husband that it felt like she was trying to bust her way out.
  • Options
    This baby girl just loves nourishment of any kind! Cold water, apples, and candy all really get her moving and I love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes. It kept me entertained.

Other things that make this baby go crazy: Chocolate, watermelon, and ice cream. 

It's like my belly starts doing the wave!
  • Options
    No, but my blood sugar topped out at 119, during the test. This morning when I sit down the wriggling starts...
  • Options
    My baby was moving like crazy after I had that drink! We had an ultrasound while we were waiting for the blood draw and the baby kept kicking the wand. It was pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    Haha that's cute!

Nothing I seem to eat or drink gets him moving! He was moving a lot on his own last night and I was trying to take a video for my fiancé (I'm almost 30 weeks and he still has never felt a kick or seen my stomach move). I decided to try and amp him up by drinking a glass of cold orange juice, which I hate, and I swear it put him to sleep!
  • Options
    @bgriest - eating and drinking doesn't work a lot for my little guy either. Music seems to work. And I have noticed that putting something cold on my belly will do it too. 

• Options
    My baby doesn't like it when I rest something on my belly. Kicks like crazy. I've read that when we walk or move around, it is almost like we are rocking the baby to sleep since they slosh around in there, which makes sense. When I sit still is when he moves because I'm not "rocking" him anymore.
  • Options
    Ohhh that is cute! I'm kind of hoping that the glucose test will make baby girl dance. I love feeling her move around, and that seems like a bit of an upside for a gross test. I've got mine in a week. So we'll see! So far it seems like sugar is what gets her going the most.
  • Options
    kfry22kfry22 member
    My guy went nuts yesterday! When my ob tried using the Doppler for the heartbeat he would move as soon as she found it. He didn't hold still at all and she kept commenting on how he was so active.
  • Options
    Orange juice gets her moving every time!
  • Options
    Anything sweet gets my little girl moving. And of course caffeine. She'll also move a lot when I'm taking a bath. It's like she knows I'm sitting in water.