June 2015 Moms

Baby Brags

I think most moms think their child is more advanced than they should be for their age. What things has your baby done that seem like early accomplishments? It might be our imaginations but its still fun to brag about baby!

My guy rolled from front to back this morning while doing tummy time. I had a small towel rolled up under his chest. I stepped out of the room for literally 30 seconds and I come back in and he's flat on his back! They aren't supposed to do that until four months and he's only two! Maybe the towel gave him a boost, but this is the kid who lifted his head off my chest immediately after being born. So I think he's super strong! : )

Re: Baby Brags

• Loading the player...
  • LO was smiling at 10 days. He tracks just awesomely. Can turn his head back and forth while on his tummy. He is almost 4 weeks.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I put the towel or blanket rolled up lengthwise under lo's chest with his arms by his head. It just gives him a little boost up so he's not flat face down. He seems to prefer it.

@everyoneelse Our babies are so talented!
  • ^jealous of your sleep!

Mine holds head up when I burp her for a very long time just looking around and turning her head. She's been doing so since 3 weeks- she's 4 weeks now. Love all the smiles and focusing on mom!
  • Woohoo, LO now sleeps from 10:15pm-6:15am!
    The other night I had the longest stretch of sleep since I think I was 6 months pregnant! I woke up sore, I think because I barely moved.
  • kaila8kaila8 member
    LO can hold her head up so well! She can also roll from her stomach to her back and scoot herself around when she's flat on her back! She stretches out her legs and arms and scoots herself sideways somehow. But girl can move! I think she gets frustrated cause she can't move as much as she wants to, but for 7 weeks I say she's doing pretty good!

We are also transitioning to sleeping in her pack n play instead of mommy and daddy's bed!!! We are two nights down and going strong!! I hope this lasts and isn't just a fluke cause I sure do enjoy having my own bed back and I know daddy enjoys the tiny bit of alone time also ;)
  • LO is so good at night, he's actually easier to manage than during the day. He'll only sleep for 4 1/2 hours at the longest stretch, but I don't really mind as he's such a pleasure to deal with. He tends to fall asleep while eating but will wake up when I burp him and change him so he finishes his feed after that then gets drowsy and will go down in his bassinet really easily - no rocking or soothing required. It's probably mostly luck but I think that trying to be consistent at night for the last month has really helped.

The only problem is that from 7am onwards he doesn't want to be in his bassinet, even if he's still sleepy he has to come for a cuddle. My mum has been staying with us so she's happy to provide the cuddles, but she goes home tonight so no more lie ins for me!
  • I wish I could post pictures I have some awesome ones of him holding his bottle and flipping me off.
  • My babe doesn't track..... And he's 5 weeks. I'm trying not to be worried. Lol
  • LO has an internal clock like no other baby I've seen. He is ready to eat every three hours, almost to the minute. Lol. He has not slept for longer than three hours yet and has started to shorten his naps to 20 minutes max.
  • klkonwi said:

My babe doesn't track..... And he's 5 weeks. I'm trying not to be worried. Lol

@klkonwi I feel like mine doesn't track often. It seems like she's just distracted with other things but occasionally it worries me too!
  • Mine didn't start until just recently 6-7 weeks. Also didn't start cooing until recently too and it's still minimal. I wasn't worried because I didn't know there was a time they started doing that stuff. I know all babies are different. I wouldn't worry. You'll see him do that stuff soon.
  • LO slept from 10pm-4:45am this morning! DS1 was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks and DS2 will be 7 weeks on Monday. We're so close!
  • klkonwi said:

My babe doesn't track..... And he's 5 weeks. I'm trying not to be worried. Lol

I think it's probably too early to be worried. They will check for this at his two month appointment. A lot happens in 3 weeks!
  • Thanks for the reassurance ladies!
  • Our LO has the day and night time situation pretty down almost since birth. During her night feeding she will eat and fall right back to sleep after. Granted she does that for a lot of her day time feedings but she sleeps longer stretches at night
  • So want ours to combine her 3-4 night feedings into 2! She's 5 weeks
  • Since around three weeks, my boys been able to hold his head up and look around for at least 30 seconds, now five weeks and instead of slamming his head down he lowers his head back on to my chest slow and gently
  • So wait, my girl is 7 week (8 on Tuesday), can babies go 8 hours during the night that without eating? I nurse her twice during the night when she's half asleep, from 10-8am.

She doesn't wake up crying she just starts stirring a lot, so I nurse her and she goes back to a deep sleep.

When ppl talk about sleeping through the night are we excluding nursing/feeding?
  • So wait, my girl is 7 week (8 on Tuesday), can babies go 8 hours during the night that without eating? I nurse her twice during the night when she's half asleep, from 10-8am.

She doesn't wake up crying she just starts stirring a lot, so I nurse her and she goes back to a deep sleep.

When ppl talk about sleeping through the night are we excluding nursing/feeding?

My LO is sleeping 5-6 hour stretches with no feedings, but makes up for it during the day and eats a lot!