October 2015 Moms
Options

Leg cramp

Any suggestions for discomfort caused by one? I tried google but everything said "call doctor- it's a blood clot" I know it's not though, because it's not swollen, warm to touch, or red. Plus it felt like I pulled a muscle when I was carrying laundry downstairs yesterday, then continued the day with lots of walking. It's more annoying than painful right now.

Should I use ice or a warm bath? What have you found helpful?

Re: Leg cramp

• Options
    Warm baths usually help me..good luck hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Are they constant?  I did the warm bath and massage to help at that moment but I was getting them daily,  I started drinking a sports drink to keep up my electrolytes, plus more water.  I think it helped me in the long run because I get them far less now. Feel better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stretching and hydration can help a lot. Use a tennis ball or something similar to massage the area, too. If you are really intentional about spending time stretching each day, it can decrease the frequency of leg cramps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies. Took a warm bath, massaged, and drank a glass of Emergen C. That seemed to do the trick! We resently moved into a new home and it's my first time living in a home with stairs, so it's taken some getting use to! lol
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Took a warm bath, massaged, and drank a glass of Emergen C. That seemed to do the trick! We resently moved into a new home and it's my first time living in a home with stairs, so it's taken some getting use to! lol
    I would double check with your doctor on Emergen C. Mine told me not to take it. I don't think once will be a big deal, but just in case you're considering taking it more frequently!

• Options

I would double check with your doctor on Emergen C. Mine told me not to take it. I don't think once will be a big deal, but just in case you're considering taking it more frequently!

I'll have to ask... I had different care with my first pregnancy and they suggested it while I was in labor, guess I just assumed it was ok anytime!
  • Options
    Try messaging it out, taking a bath with epsom salt, make sure your are drinking plenty of water and getting enough electrolytes and eat a banana. If all else fails, take a tylenol. 
  • Options
    As a preventative for the future, order magnesium oil and apply it directly to your legs. I got awful leg cramps with both daughters despite hydration or any other remedies. This pregnancy I have been using magnesium oil and have not had one single leg or foot cramp.