February 2016 Moms

Spotting question

Im 12 weeks and spotted a little last night. It wasn't red- but rusty colored. I called my OB (she really didn't seem too concerned) and she put me on pelvic rest and faxed over orders for bloodwork. What would they be testing for? anyone have this issue previously?

Re: Spotting question

• Probably testing hormone levels. They can tell if the baby is not viable based on where your hormones are currently and where they should be in order to maintain a growing sticky baby. It's probably just a precaution since it doesn't sound like it has continued. FX for a sticky baby!

View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• I'm 13 weeks and I've had spotting off and on the whole pregnancy. When they did my blood tests it was for HCG and progesterone levels. If you are concerned you can call back and find out what they are looking for, but spotting is pretty common. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the rusty colored spotting during weeks 8 and 9.  It turned out to be no cause for alarm.  You definitely did the right thing by calling your doctor  right away, though!  
  • I asked- they tested hcg and progesterone. They won't have the results until tomorrow afternoon. It'll be a long 24 hours.
  • I had some spotting at week 6. Like the other ladies have said, they'll check your levels. If those are all good, they may have you come in for an ultrasound (at least that's what happened to us). I think more often than not, it's nothing and super common, but getting a bonus ultrasound was a nice reassurance. Prayers all is well.
  • cadelscadels member
    I had spotting at 9 weeks and my doctor said it's absolutely normal as long as it's not red blood. Everything is expanding and stretching and your body is getting rid of old blood. I'm sure you and the baby are just fine!!
  • Still waiting for results... They had said they'd be at my doctors by this afternoon but they weren't. I'm super impatient.
  • Ahhhhh, the waiting game sucks! Keep us posted, thinking good thoughts for you and baby!
    Happily Married to Tim {10-11-2003}
    Isabella {09-02-05} & Savannah {03-02-07} & Bradley {02-06-10}

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm 12 weeks also and have had the same thing. My dr. had me come in for an ultrasound when it first happened and everything was ok- but I had more this morning :(. It seems worse after I have a bowel movement, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? It makes me nervous to go to the bathroom but also makes me want to constantly check- it's maddening! Hope your results are all great and it gives you some peace of mind!
  • I had spotting at week six and red bleeding at week 7 and everything was fine. Some people will bleed on and off their entire pregnancy. It's always good to call in and check, but brownish blood is normally not a concern.
  • Update- blood levels were ok. They are sending me for an ultrasound Tuesday. My doctor doesn't normally schedule them for anything other than than 20 week anatomy scan- but she said it's merely precautionary. Thanks for al of the calming words and well wishes. I hope to never go through that again.