January 2016 Moms

STM+ Foot Question

I'm a FTM and I remember reading that your feet can grow during pregnancy. I was wondering if they stay bigger, or do they go back down?

Most of my shoes are already too tight (I like to wear them on the snug side to begin with). Should I hang on to them or start throwing/donating them?

Thanks!
Me: 32 DH: 32
Married 11/24/13
DD1 born 12/24/15
TTC #2 Aug. 16
BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

Re: STM+ Foot Question

• My feet went back to their normal size after delivery. I feel like it was soon after too like within the first month. My fingers on the other hand took three months before my rings fit again
  • Mine never changed
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine never changed. My sister has one foot that is 1/2 a size bigger after her pregnancy .
  • Mine never changed

This.
    I sometimes had swelling but sitting with my feet up & an ice pack helped.
  • I had lots of swelling towards the end of my pregnancy, but I was working as a high school math teacher in a building with no air conditioning through May/June. After the pregnancy I have some shoes that's still feel tight, but it may just be because I'm not used to wearing them for so long.
  • Mine never changed and they were swollen during my first pregnancy. Thank god since I'm already an 11!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Swelling will go down but mine grew half a size in length and didn't go back.
  • Thanks ladies! I'll keep the shoes and hope it's just the swelling :)
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• Mine grew a half size with my DD. the swelling went down after but the length was the same. I literally got rid of all of my shoes. It was rough! You could wait and see tho. It's the arches that flatten to cause the length to grow.
  • Mine never changed, my boots on the other hand got a little snug in the calf area toward the end. My mom claims that her feet grew a half a size with each child. Luckily she only had two!
  • Mine did not get any bigger, but I've heard of this. Your feet don't actually grow. It has something to do with the bone structure in your feet "relaxing" and then remaining that way.

• Mine only swelled with my fisrt nothing happened with my second and this one the only problem im having is dry cracked feet.

• Mine thankfully never changed with either of my pregnancies. If they had I would literally have to go barefoot.
  • Mine are a half a size bigger now.
  • At the very end of my first pregnancy my feet were a half to a full size bigger. But I was on my feet all day, every day. I had to buy new work shoes for the last month and a half. But outside of work I just wore saddles. DS was born in May. I don't think it was more than a few weeks before all my shoes fit again.