July 2015 Moms
Options

Family Planning

Okay so I do realize a lot of us have just recently had our babies, and the rest of us are still awaiting the arrival of our little ones. But I am curious to know where all you mommas stand on the issue of having another child in the near future!

My husband and I have already started talking about baby #2 and we both want to have another soon. After baby #2 we want to wait at least a few years before having more children. I am excited and nervous thinking about another but this is something I want to be able to jump into with both feet. Just hoping I'm not crazy (or alone) on this one!

Re: Family Planning

• Options
    You should talk to your doctor, many recommend waiting a few months to ttc again. It takes a toll on your body and can make for a tough second pregnancy that can result in mc, premature delivery and other complications.

That being said I got pregnant when I had a 15 month old. I love that my kids will be 2 years apart. I had no real complications. It's def worth a convo with your doctor though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I have an 18 month old and just had baby2 1 week ago today. They are 17 months and 3 weeks apart. DH and I wanted them that way, honestly we just figured wr sleep deprived now anyway so what's adding one more!! And we wanted siblings to grow up close in age, the timing just seemed right. We both think though that if we have anymore we will wait a bit for #3, although in the operating room during the c section my husband was already talking about #3!!!!! I was baffled lol we have a boy and didn't know the gender so when he said it was another boy he followed it immediately with "guess that means we will have a 3rd to try for a girl!!" Anyway....I'd say if you both feel ready then go for it. It's a different world with 2 but I wouldn't change it for a moment. But like mentioned before if you have any medical concerns speak with your doctor. I had actually an easier pregnancy the 2nd time around and the recovery hasn't been awful, just more belly flab still hanging around longer than the first time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    I have a two year old and my second is 3 weeks old. I wanted mine 2-3 years apart and we were lucky it worked out. We went through IVF for both boys and have 3 embryos frozen. We will probably try for one more but will wait until DS2 is 2.5 to transfer an embryo. We can't handle the price tag of 3 in daycare.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    We have a 22 month old boy and are waiting on #2 to be born (due today, also a boy). This is it for us with having kids. But super excited to have them so close together. My sis and I are 25 months apart and have always been buddies. Hoping my boys will be instant bffs :x
  • Options
    I'm still waiting on my LO to arrive, but DH and I have been talking about baby number 2 since I got pregnant. We don't have a true plan, but would be very happy to get pregnant sooner than later. I don't want the stress of officially "trying" though. We shall see.
  • Options
    My son is 2 and baby girl is 1 month, were already talking about number 3 but I plan to breastfeed for a year if all goes as planned so will see how long it takes to conceive. Last time we didn't use any contraceptive other than breastfeeding and just let it happen on its own, i may not be that patient this time though!
  • Options
    @ashleytiff that's hilarious.

Out kids are almost exactly 4 years apart. It's perfect. He helps get diapers and can dress himself and put his dishes away and unload the silver ware from the dishwasher. I can't imagine having 2 kids who need 100% of me.
  • Options
    babydubabydu member
    As much as I want more babies and we talk about "the next time" I can't wait to NOT be pregnant!! I think we will be waiting a couple years before we have number two
  • Options
    My older girls are close in age. 2 years apart. They fight a lot! Lol. A lot of women have babies back to back. Although it is something to talk to your doctor about, as they say it's best to wait a little while. I was advised to wait a year at least because I had HELLP syndrome. My body needed time to heal. My oldest was 15 months when I got pregnant. I just had my 3rd daughter and I got my tubes tied. I would have wanted more kids.. But I get pre eclampsia.. This last pregnancy was def too much. I had hyperemesis up till 16 weeks. My hips float so about 20 weeks they popped out and my back which was broken at age 17, started acting up. So constant pain.. And then pre eclampsia in the end that developed over night. Had uterine rupture. (Had a very traumatic birth my first. Was in the hospital the last month with my middle) it was enough. Lol
  • Options
    Our plan is to start "trying" in January. DH is always gone for work and it took us almost a year with our first! We're not getting any younger, so we would rather sooner than later!
  • Options
    I swore this was it- I was closing up shop. We have 3.5yo boy and baby girl is 2weeks ....
    But now I find myself super clucky and thinking "maybe" ild like one more

I'm really enjoying having a newborn this time round
  • Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    I had my tubes tied. After 6 pregnancies (including 4 losses), I'm happy to be ending this part of my life. Maybe if I was younger I'd consider doing something different.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    Both my husband and I decided on three. We are 2/3 of the way finished. We'll try having the last baby when this one is 18 months old :)
  • Options
    I'm an older FTM w/1 loss prior to this pregnancy. Going to wait until after the birth but we've been thinking about trying for #2 as soon as possible (and safe). I get my girl this time, would love a boy for hubby's sake, but my sis and I are very close, so two girls would make us pretty happy. After that, I'm all for letting the chips fall where they may. Not sure I'll be able to conceive again since I had my egg health checked right before we got married and it was a 1 (out of 4) then. We just had our 2 year anniversary.
  • Options
    crf4crf4 member
    I don't know if it's the fact that I now have 3 kids but I just think it was so much easier when DS#1 was three compared to DS #2 being two year old now with a newborn. I have had help since I gave birth (3 weeks ago) and I'm still freaking exhausted. Every time I meet the needs of one child there's another one lined up. My mom took the middle child today and it was like a dream just the newborn & 5 year old!! This too shall pass but honestly an active toddler and newborn is fricken hard..
  • Options
    FTM and it wasn't until a few days after baby boy was born (3wks ago) that my boyfriend started talking about baby #2. I thought he was content with having his boy, he now wants a girl! I thought we were one and done BUT if we were having another child then I would say 2-3 years from now.
  • Options
    We have three now and I am completely done. My DH is open to the idea of four but admits it's probably only because he knows it's not really realistic for us. After three high risk pregnancies, budget constraints and now the needs of a 4 year old, 22 month old and newborn I truly feel our family is complete.

I am so happy with three though. This LO was a surprise and I am so glad she joined our family. Two was great, but now it's even better.