July 2015 Moms
Options

Membrane sweep

Had a membrane sweep yesterday. Set a date to induce in 2 weeks because my dr is going on vacation.

Lots of cramping today

Has this worked for any moms?

Re: Membrane sweep

• Options
    babydubabydu member
    I've had mine swept 3 times and still no baby! I'm getting induced Thursday if she doesn't arrive on her own
  • Options
    rw3190rw3190 member

I have an apt weds and if there's a change she will keep me and start the cervadil that day. Otherwise my dr returns to work the 11th and I go in that night

There's definitely a lot of cramping. And gas too-? IDK if that's normal. And baby is wiggling all over the place today. Way more than usual...? Same for you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had mine swept yesterday (40w2d) and will be induced Tuesday at 41w due to increased blood pressure and edema. My doctor said if it was going to work, it would within 24 hours. No cramping or contractions for me yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rw3190rw3190 member
    Had mine swept yesterday (40w2d) and will be induced Tuesday at 41w due to increased blood pressure and edema. My doctor said if it was going to work, it would within 24 hours. No cramping or contractions for me yet.

Crap that sucks. =(

• Options
    rw3190rw3190 member

I am 40 weeks today

• Options
    I had a sweep done today. Hoping its effective as they have booked my induction for August 5th and I would really like a spontaneous, natural birth! 40 weeks and 3 days
  • Options
    I had my sweep done on the morning of the 14th and baby came at 1 pm on the 15th!
  • Options
    rw3190rw3190 member
    Yea I don't get induced til the 11th bc my dr is going on vacation
    I have another appt next week weds and I imagine they'll want to do another sweep if nothing has happened. Boy I am not looking forward to that!
    But if I have started dilating my dr said the person I see that day will keep me and I'll be admitted that night to get the show on the road.
    I've had contractions. Some more painful then others but ita definitely subsided.
  • Options
    rw3190rw3190 member
    76nicole said:

I had a sweep done today. Hoping its effective as they have booked my induction for August 5th and I would really like a spontaneous, natural birth! 40 weeks and 3 days

I totally agree
    I want my kid to pick her own due date
    Not wig myself out about it happening on a specific day
  • Options
    I am getting a stretch and sweep Thurs if I have not gone into labor on my own. I will be 41 weeks 2 days at that point
  • Options
    I'm 40 + 3. No ones mentioned a membrane sweep for me yet. I've been doing nipple stimulation with my breast pump. I did 30 minutes one day and then 45 the next. Has anyone had any success with this? I feel like I'm wasting my time doing all this stuff.
  • Options
    @CANTW82BMOM my midwife mentioned to me really briefly but said something about pumping for like 15 mins every hour.... I don't know much more detail than that, but it sounded like it required quite a bit of commitment.
  • Options
    Had a sweep at 39 weeks baby was born 2 days later.
  • Options

I'm 40 + 3. No ones mentioned a membrane sweep for me yet. I've been doing nipple stimulation with my breast pump. I did 30 minutes one day and then 45 the next. Has anyone had any success with this? I feel like I'm wasting my time doing all this stuff.

My girlfriend did it with both of her kids and went into labor