January 2016 Moms

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • sck601 said:

I have my own little nickname for a lot of you. It's usually because I misread your sn in the beginning, and that nickname just stuck.

You should totally tell us some of them!! I probably don't have one but I still wanna know lol
  • KaraEpp16 said:

I just dropped $100 at Sephora. Why do I go in there?! I knew it was going to happen :(

Treat yo self!

I've become such a Frugal Fannie since becoming pregnant. Before, you could say that I had a shopping addiction. I've only been buying extra when it comes to baby or bump. When I go on vacation I'm going to get some extra stuff for Momma. We deserve it!

Agreed! I did a bunch of online shopping yesterday. It sucks we cant buy any cute clothing as we wont be able to wear it soon, so I bought a few maternity clothes and a "few" pairs of shoes. I regret nothing.
  • FFFC: I have been sitting on TB all afternoon pretending to work. 4:30 cant come fast enough!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @claireloSC I've been saying the same thing. So we've started telling people that we prefer some privacy after delivery and everyone's response has been, "except for me, right?". Good luck.

That was the response we got when we told people nobody was allowed to be there when we got married. (Long story involving divorced parents, parents who couldn't get off work, parents out of state. We weren't just being jerks.) We had an actual wedding a year later, which everyone was at. I have a feeling I'm going to get a similar response about nobody being at the hospital but oh well. I was the bad guy once, I can do it again. This is *our* moment with *our* families, ladies. We should have our wishes respected for this. The baby will still be a baby a few days later.

• I had bacon for dinner for the past three days... no regrets!
  • I already told DH that MIL is not allowed in the hospital this time around. The last time, the nurses kept coming to get him because they would tell her that she wasn't allowed to pry her face up to the door to my room and that she had to go back to the waiting room but she wouldn't listen. DH had to leave me two or three times while I was in labour to go tell her to go back to the waiting room!! Never again!!
  • I've got some crazy coming and I know it. My mother has been pretty zen. But those waters never stay calm for long. SOs mother is very excited. She cried happy tears and screamed in my ear while hugging me. Did I mention she's excited? I hope hope hope that they will be mostly cool about space. My sister is the one I'm most anxious about. I kind of want to tell her to keep away but she'll get all butthurt and throw a fit and my pregnant body ain't got time for that! Plus I'm pretty spineless when it comes to my sister. She's scary. I've always tried to treat her like princess so she doesn't take crap from dudes and she's always been smaller than me. Queen B complex that I fed and I can't really fault her for it. Hahaha.
  • @ChipMonster hell would be coming over me. I couldn't imagine I hope you made her wait long to see and hold the baby. Just no... I would flip my shit.
  • mkatefin303mkatefin303 member
    edited August 2015
    I only get on TB in evenings so I'm sorry this is so late BUT:

My FFC is that I'm dreading people I work with finding out I'm pregnant. I have to tell them basically now or it will become obvious/seem terrible of me I didn't give them a heads up - but I HATE how everyone treated me differently last time around, especially when I started to show. I'm an attorney in a male-dominated workplace and it was all too clear when I was pregnant with DS that it was difficult for all the dudes I work with to just think of me as legal counsel and not think of me as Pregnant Chick.

So yeah. I've been procrastinating and I don't wanna.

Rant over :)

• mrussellomrussello member
    edited August 2015
    I am totally a drive by poster. Sorry.
    I try to keep up but I'm too lazy.

My summer is winding down and I have accomplished nothing. With DD, I was so energetic and had everything done early. I am too nauseous and tired to do anything. I should be getting things ready for my classroom, but I don't want to.

I did throw my now 3 year old an amazing birthday party, complete with princess Ariel! Success:)

Eta: my fffc. Nothing saved after my sad face emoji.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Confession: Some baby boys/toddlers I've been around lately smell like feet and this really grosses me out. .. and then I feel like a bad mom-to-be since I'm expecting a boy
  • DH whacked the crap out of his head at work. He thinks he maybe has a concussion. His boss took him to the clinic and they said he wasn't in any danger, but needed to take it easy. He has taken this to mean that he should sit around and play video games. My parents are in town and were invited to a volleyball/beach/campfire/etc night with a bunch of family friends and their kids (by "kids" I mean people my age). I totally left him at home with the two dogs and went with my parents. I have missed the beach so badly since I moved away from my parents when we got married, I didn't even think twice about leaving. Feeling pretty neglectful, but dang I needed this.
  • mollyj931 said:
    I have showered once..maybe twice in the last week. I'm now the smelly kid on the board :insert ashamed gif but freakin Google has screwed me over:

I've been showering in stages. Washing my hair one day. Washing my body but not my hair the next. Showering is exhausting and usually makes me feel like puking. I bought an intuition razor and extra blades....a luxury I would not normally be able to justify because it's highway robbery. I was so sick of the shaving process and the hair growing back rapidly that I just couldn't deal anymore.
  • I only get on TB in evenings so I'm sorry this is so late BUT: My FFC is that I'm dreading people I work with finding out I'm pregnant. I have to tell them basically now or it will become obvious/seem terrible of me I didn't give them a heads up - but I HATE how everyone treated me differently last time around, especially when I started to show. I'm an attorney in a male-dominated workplace and it was all too clear when I was pregnant with DS that it was difficult for all the dudes I work with to just think of me as legal counsel and not think of me as Pregnant Chick. So yeah. I've been procrastinating and I don't wanna. Rant over :)

Just remember you're a boss b*tch and channel Beyoncé. For real.
  • I wish I had a better excuse but really I'm just lazy and don't care
    #sahmproblems
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 3D ultrasounds freak me out. They remind me of a google earth version of your baby and uterus. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

They freak me out too! I'm not saying that I won't end up having one, but they feel a bit creepy to me.

• anitamtl said:

3D ultrasounds freak me out. They remind me of a google earth version of your baby and uterus. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

They freak me out too! I'm not saying that I won't end up having one, but they feel a bit creepy to me.

Right?! I mean, if you offer it I am gonna do it. But I'm not going to go out of my way to request it. :)
    Also, @sck601 I think you are my hero. Shaving just is so not worth it.
  • J3spJ3sp member

I already told DH that MIL is not allowed in the hospital this time around. The last time, the nurses kept coming to get him because they would tell her that she wasn't allowed to pry her face up to the door to my room and that she had to go back to the waiting room but she wouldn't listen. DH had to leave me two or three times while I was in labour to go tell her to go back to the waiting room!! Never again!!

My mom kept sending nurses in to see how I was or what the progress was because I didn't want her in the room. 1-I wanted to scream at my mom 2- I could've punched the nurses for thinking it was ok to come in and ask while in the middle of pushing a fluffin baby out!! I am half tempted to not tell anyone I'm in labor and just say surprise baby's here.
  • J3sp said:

I already told DH that MIL is not allowed in the hospital this time around. The last time, the nurses kept coming to get him because they would tell her that she wasn't allowed to pry her face up to the door to my room and that she had to go back to the waiting room but she wouldn't listen. DH had to leave me two or three times while I was in labour to go tell her to go back to the waiting room!! Never again!!

My mom kept sending nurses in to see how I was or what the progress was because I didn't want her in the room. 1-I wanted to scream at my mom 2- I could've punched the nurses for thinking it was ok to come in and ask while in the middle of pushing a fluffin baby out!! I am half tempted to not tell anyone I'm in labor and just say surprise baby's here.
    I would do this but this time I need someone to watch DS so I figured that I'd keep MIL busy by watching him. I can still picture her pawning him off on someone else and showing up at the hospital. Or even better, showing up with DS!
  • I already told DH that MIL is not allowed in the hospital this time around. The last time, the nurses kept coming to get him because they would tell her that she wasn't allowed to pry her face up to the door to my room and that she had to go back to the waiting room but she wouldn't listen. DH had to leave me two or three times while I was in labour to go tell her to go back to the waiting room!! Never again!!
    I would do this but this time I need someone to watch DS so I figured that I'd keep MIL busy by watching him. I can still picture her pawning him off on someone else and showing up at the hospital. Or even better, showing up with DS!

Don't picture it! Try to think positively. I'm a big believer in manifesting certain things. Yeah, you can only control your actions but sometimes people surprise you if you focus on things going well in a certain situation beforehand.
  • @sck601 your nicknames make me smile. I do the same thing, and also often just because of reading them wrong. Or I just shorten them. Lol
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • KaraEpp16 said:

J3sp said:

Don't picture it! Try to think positively. I'm a big believer in manifesting certain things. Yeah, you can only control your actions but sometimes people surprise you if you focus on things going well in a certain situation beforehand.

I wish this was true but my MIL is another kind of being... I try to be nice and she goes and talks/lies behind my back twisting my words or inventing new ones then wonders why I'm mad at her! I don't really talk to her unless it is about DS.

I wish this was true but my MIL is another kind of being... I try to be nice and she goes and talks/lies behind my back twisting my words or inventing new ones then wonders why I'm mad at her! I don't really talk to her unless it is about DS.

That is a real friggen bummer. I think I would stop being nice then. I know keep the peace and all that jazz but some bullies need push back to recognize the impact of their actions. I'm sorry the relationship is shitty for you.