September 2015 Moms

Freaking out

I'm 34 weeks and it's getting down to the wire so of course I've been thinking about delivery all the time. I've had two dreams that I'm in labor; however I never have my baby girl in my dream. When I think about going into labor I get real uneasy and have to shake the feeling. This is my first and I'm scared to no end. Plus it still amazes me that something that big can come out of a woman's stomach and exit through such a small hole. 8-X

Re: Freaking out

• EarcarEarcar member
    Awe, the fear is normal. You are going to be ok! It is a little mind boggling how it all works but it does! Labour is extra scary the first time because you just have no idea, but your body knows what to do and it'll take over. You also will have well trained doctors and nurses that'll be there to assist you in meeting your baby girl. You will do great!
  • Also FTM and freaking out! Im scared that I will pass out due to my blood pressure during labor ( it's kind of a silly thought.. but I've been so close to it so many times this pregnancy that makes me so nervous). Anyone have good tips on how to calm down the anticipatory anxiety?
  • Loading the player...
  • When I freak out about it I just think of the fact that billions of women have gone through it and millions went through it in the 1400s and stuff with no medicine or anything really! Definitely helps calm my nerves
  • I'm beginning to get scared of delivery too! I actually had a dream where the hospital called us and told us to hurry down because the baby was being born without us! Talk about disconnect, ha ha ha... 
  • Don't freak out, honey! Your body was made for this. It will know exactly what to do! I have been talking myself up for weeks with positive thoughts and sayings!! I do this before massive presentations and tests, also. Lol Be confident in your mind, because your body already is confident in knowing what to do! Relax and let it take over.
  • szarlotkaszarlotka member
    edited July 2015
    KatashaC said: Plus it still amazes me that something that big can come out of a woman's stomach and exit through such a small hole. 8-X

I think it was in Ina May Gaskin's
    Guide to Childbirth that I read something along the lines of - no one is surprised that a man's penis can grow/change shape from time to time, but modern culture doesn't recognize that a woman's body parts are also capable of growing/stretching as needed.  There wouldn't be so many people in the world if our bodies weren't capable of giving birth.  
  • Where do you buy a hypnobirthing book? I've checked a local barns and noble to see if they had any birthing books and couldn't find anything! I guess I could order online but if there's some place I could just pick it up I'd prefer that. Lol.
  • I've really enjoyed Mindful Birthing, it has some good meditations that serve me well beyond just the pregnancy and help with general anxiety. FTM here and I'm feeling pretty peaceful about what's coming next--although I definitely have my moments of occasional panic! ;-)
  • @hbailey11, have you tried a store like Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby? Maybe a maternity boutique like Motherhood Maternity may have one also. Of course, you could also ask your Barnes and Noble to order you one ... although as a Prime member I find that Amazon shipping is so fast that waiting a day or two is hardly noticable.