April 2016 Moms

Multiple Sclerosis and pregnancy

Hi ladies, this is my third pregnancy (2 beautiful kidlets already) I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 4 1/2 years ago this is my first pregnancy since diagnosis. Is anyone else here also experiencing a pregnancy with multiple sclerosis? I'm wondering what concerns or problems I could come across whilst carrying? I suppose I'm just after reassurance that baby and I will be ok and to find other women who have or are experiencing pregnancy and multiple sclerosis. 
:)

Re: Multiple Sclerosis and pregnancy

• I have no suggestions or answers, but wish you the best during your pregnancy.
  • I used to work for the national ms society and it varies by woman from what I recall. Many woman have very little symptoms during pregnancy. I personally have never heard of it affecting the baby. You will probably be monitored more closely though. Definitely talk to your doctor about all of your concerns and encourage you ob and MS doctors to talk and work together. Praying for a happy, healthy 9 months for you and your little one and Congrats!!