January 2016 Moms

Unexpected ultrasound today

I suffer from bipolar 2 along with r anxiety and panic disorder. I stopped taking my meds right when we started our IVF journey back in March. I've been ok with dealing with everything but I do still have my bad days. So yesterday I suffered a bad panic attack. I literally thought I was dying and ended up calling my husband at work and he left to come home to help me. A couple of hours after that I started spotting bright red blood and cramping and the left side of my lower abdomin started to get really tender especially to touch. I am 15 weeks and 5 days today. I thought I would wait until today to see how everything was going and when I woke up the spotting has almost completed stopped and cramping is not really there but I am still very tender on my left side. So I called my doctor and they said they needed to see me for an ultrasound. I am a FTM and kinda freaking out. I just hope everything is ok and it was just the panic attack that caused everything.

Re: Unexpected ultrasound today

• Sorry to hear you had such a rough day. Glad you're seeing the doctor. Let us know how it goes.
  • nanampnanamp member
    I hope everything is ok with you!

I psychiatrist I know recently told me that some of her pregnant (ie off meds) bipolar patients do really well taking 1000mg of fish oil/DHA.
  • Loading the player...
  • Praying for you! Let us know how the appointment goes. Stay positive :)
  • I'm sorry that this is happening. I hope that you and baby are ok. Let us know how the appt goes.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good luck to you today! FX that everything is going great with baby and no more panic attacks.
  • Yay! Good news!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just saw this, I'm sorry you had the panic attack, but I'm glad your LO is doing well!
  • Great news! Glad everything was ok!