January 2016 Moms

Infant sleeper

There are so many options.....pack and play with sleeper, bassinet, co sleeper, rock n play.....what will you newborn sleep in for the first few months? Im leaning toward the pack and play.....thoughts?

Re: Infant sleeper

• We put our dd in her crib the first night home from the hospital (in her own room) and will do the same with baby 2.
  • It's kind of up to the baby. We had a bassinet, a crib, a swing and a rock and play. DD would only sleep being held and then finally the rock and play.
    You can plan but you won't really know until the baby gets here.

There was a thread about this last week I think called "where will baby sleep". There were a lot if good suggestions and tips in there too.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited July 2015
    I think there have already been several threads about this, so you might search the board and see what else you can find.

We are leaning toward a moses basket for this LO because DD still uses her crib and we don't want to buy a second one if we don't need to. Hoping to transition her before out before LO needs it.
    Eta I think a pack & play would work fine.
  • Good to know. That is also an option but it seems that is not the norm. Thanks!
  • Sorry for the repeat thread. I must not have searched enough.
  • The board is getting more and more active the further we go, so old threads get pushed down faster. There's also a search box you can use - I tend to miss titles when I just scroll through too. :)
  • 6240662406 member
    edited July 2015

We put our dd in her crib the first night home from the hospital (in her own room) and will do the same with baby 2.

We did the same thing.  It worked well for us and we didn't have to worry about a transition later on.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • bmmimsbmmims member
    I am going to try the rock n play.  My SIL swears by it and she has several to give me since she is not having any more kids.  I saw it next to my bed and it is the perfect height to see/reach right into.  

• We tried a pack and play with DS but he ended up having pretty bad reflux. We tried the Rock and play next and it worked great, so that's what we will have ready this time around.
  • We used a bassinet, then a pack n play or crib depending on where we were. Knock on wood he is a great sleeper.
  • I think there have already been several threads about this, so you might search the board and see what else you can find.

We are leaning toward a moses basket for this LO because DD still uses her crib and we don't want to buy a second one if we don't need to. Hoping to transition her before out before LO needs it.
    Eta I think a pack & play would work fine.

We're hoping to avoid buying a third! The twins will be 20.5 months when new baby is due so planning on using co sleeper at night and bassinet for naps initially. Baby gets kicked out of our room at 3 months so hopefully the girls are ready for big girl beds then!