November 2015 Moms

Support Belt Recommendations

Looking for any recommendations on maternity support belts from those currently using them or have used them in past pregnancies. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Support Belt Recommendations

• Following, I need to go buy one, my back is already starting to get sore!
  • I got one from Walmart. I think it's called Loving Moments. I don't really recommend it because it's really thick and when you put it on standing up it's fine but when you sit or walk too much it rolls up and it's really uncomfortable. I have to keep adjusting it and it's just not worth it. I paid $17.00 for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to our local Women's Hospital L&D gift shop and they had a few to pick from.   They allowed me to try them on and I liked the Gabrialla Elastic Maternity Support Belt.  It has a larger surface area in the back and it "scoops" down low in the front to hold baby up.  Multiple elastic stretch bands are used to change the "pressure" and amount of hold you get.  

I actually still run 4 days a week and use this belt for that.  It has been a life saver!!  Also, hospital had it for $50+tax but I ordered it from Amazon for $32/free shipping.  Worth. Every. Penny!  I bought a Medium and that is my normal size.

• My doctor recommended the Bracco Band.. $13 on Amazon and it works pretty well
  • thecoopsterthecoopster member
    edited July 2015
    I just got a Gabrialla Maternity Support Belt and I love it.  The second I put it on I felt relief from some of the lower abdominal pain I've been having lately.  It is the MS-96 Standard Elastic model and comes in white, beige or black, 5 different sizes.  Pretty easy to put on and wear underneath clothes.

But to be fair, I haven't tried other brands or models so I can't compare.  I just love the one I got :)
  • krutiskrutis member
    I tried the motherhood maternity support belt and didn't really like it too much. I would get severe back and under belly aches if I walked too much. Finally I got one from babies r us, and it's worked wonderful for me. It has a cage like back support and a belt to hold Your belly.
  • Thanks ladies!!
  • I have a higher end one. It's called the Belly Bandit upsie belly. It was immediate relief and has a pocket for a hot or cold pack on your back (comes with the hot/cold pack too).

Definitely worth the money in my opinion.
    YCSWU