January 2016 Moms

Netflix Binge

so I know we have had mention of this on a couple threads, but I'm thinking for all of us with extra time on our hands it may be fun to have some new reccomnedations.

What are you Binging on Netflix?

I've done HIMYM, Dexter, Orange is the New Black and am finishing up the most recent season of Nashville.

Guilty confession, I also started Pretty Little Liars.
STM - EDD June 24 '18
DD - January 2016

Re: Netflix Binge

• J3spJ3sp member
    Just started the new episodes of Scandal that dropped. All I want to do is binge watch it all, while eating something I didn't have to make, by myself, alone in the house. No interruptions! That is too much to ask though. One can dream...
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I watched all the "good" shows when they were on air, so my binges have been a little less sophisticated OR have been rewatches. I just finished watching all of Drop Dead Diva for the first time. Totally dumb but entertaining, lol. I've been considering a Dexter rewatch for awhile now, I may have to get on that...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I binged Mad Men in spring, now I'm on to Arrested Development. I may do a marathon of The Walking Dead before it starts back up in October.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I just finished White Collar. I'm a sucker for shows with unrealistically smart people. Burn notice, leverage, etc.
  • Rectify
    House of Cards
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Sons of anarchy - hello Charlie Hunam
    Homeland
    Weeds -the first 3 or 4 seasons are good
  • nickicb7 said:

so I know we have had mention of this on a couple threads, but I'm thinking for all of us with extra time on our hands it may be fun to have some new reccomnedations.

What are you Binging on Netflix?

I've done HIMYM, Dexter, Orange is the New Black and am finishing up the most recent season of Nashville.

Guilty confession, I also started Pretty Little Liars.

You have Nashville on Netflix?! Streaming?? I don't have Nashville...

• I'm finishing up Lost right now, loved it!
    Some of my faves...

-The Walking Dead
    -Mad Men
    -The Honorable Woman
    -The Office
    -Parks and Rec
    -Sons of Anarchy
    -It's Always Sunny...
  • We don't have cable... Because I'm cheap ;) so I put a lot of pressure on Netflix. I'm currently waiting for all this years seasons for: SVU, Blacklist, the Originals, Vampire Diaries... I wanted these to come out this summer before school started again, is that too much to ask?!
  • @MommaB16 we do have Nashville, I'd say maybe it's because we have the Canadian one, but we switch back and forth to the U.S. Netflix and I still get it on there as well!
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • DH and I just started Breaking Bad as a couple, but when I'm home alone I've been watching Gilmore Girls.
  • zg49zg49 member
    I just finished Unbreakable Kimmy Smith and started Grace and Frankie. Kimmy Schmidt was stupidly hilarious and Grace and Frankie is so good it has me snort laughing in bed. Love them!

• I'm kind of a lame-o. I can never choose something. If I pick something on netflix it's usually about nature or travel. I like watching documentaries and real life crime stuff, too.

I would trade places with Anthony Bourdain ANY DAY.
  • Supernatural. All day every day! And X-Files. And SVU.
  • Downton Abbey! Call the midwife is good too...another bbc show
  • sherks11sherks11 member
    edited July 2015
    Supernatural
    Gilmore girls
    Dexter
    Parenthood
    Lost
    House
    Friends

There are so many!
  • I just started supernatural and I am half way through the second episode and completely hooked.

Other ones I watch: Dexter, Parenthood, Greys Anatomy, Revenge, Heart of Dixie, Bates Motel, Walking Dead, Mad Men, OITNB and Once Upon A Time.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Bloodlines is sooooooo good. Watch it. Watch it now. ;)
  • I liked the killing if you like suspense and mystery, def house of cards too.
  • Getting really excited for Wet Hot American Summer. It might have released this week, but I'm not sure. If you haven't seen the movie I recommend watching that first!
  • I'm watching Greys a couple episodes left and I just cried my eyes out at the last two episodes if yall watch you know about season 11 :,,,( so pregnant haha it broke my heart
  • I'm on bed rest so iv been seriously stuck on netflix. Iv watched reign, vampire diaries, the originals, and now ncis.
  • cjd&kcjd&k member
    I've watched/am watching quite a few.

Supernatural
    Orange is the New Black
    Doctor Who
    Criminal Minds
    Chopped

And I'm blanking if there's any more or not.
  • Downton Abbey
    The Layover 
    Graceland
    The Last Ship
    The West Wing
  • Gilmore Girls 4-EVAH!!!!!!

I recently started Grey's back up. I couldn't watch when the MS was bad. Just got past the plane crash. :((

My husband and I are slowly watching Buffy and Angel.

I recommend GG, Friends, House, OITNB, Revenge, Parenthood, Brothers and Sisters, Firefly, Buffy, Angel. I really wanted to like The Blacklist but it's too violent for me. :-/
  • I'm about halfway through Glee for about the 10th time. It's cheesy, but I like it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • I'm betting all my favorite Netflix shows have already been said, but:

Gilmore girls
    Parks and rec
    The office
    The wonder years
    Psych
    Chuck
    Ugly Betty
    Lipstick jungle
    Parenthood
  • I have watched most that yall have mentioned, but I didn't see anyone say anything about Heroes! That's a good one!
  • @abbi1995 UGH yes. I cried for probably an hour after watching *that* episode. :((
  • aleigh553 said:

Bloodlines is sooooooo good. Watch it. Watch it now. ;)

Yasss! Bloodlines! I've watched season 1 twice already.
  • Does nobody else watch Vampire Diaries?!?! I LOVE that show. And I love Ian Somerhalder too.
  • New Girl
    Lost
    Scandal
    Revenge
    Sons of Anarchy
    One Tree Hill :D
    Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
    Breaking Bad

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ha. I'm a dork. I like foreign shows/movies. I LOVE the Spanish series "Velvet." Totally cheesy. But so good. I just started "Grand Hotel." Another Spanish series.
  • nickicb7 said:

@MommaB16 we do have Nashville, I'd say maybe it's because we have the Canadian one, but we switch back and forth to the U.S. Netflix and I still get it on there as well!

:O
  • Dh and I binge watched Bloodline. I can't wait for season 2, anyone know how long we have to wait?
  • MssyMmmyMssyMmmy member
    edited August 2015
    I have Canadian Netflix and Nashville is on there. I am so jealous seeing the shows Americans have :( some of the good ones I have watched not mentioned are hannibal, nip tuck, weeds, Brooklyn 99
  • Does nobody else watch Vampire Diaries?!?! I LOVE that show. And I love Ian Somerhalder too.

I don't usually admit but yes :) and a huge yes to Ian Somerhalder. He's the reason I'm going to keep watching if they make a new season.

• I love this post! I just finished Friends. I'm working on Friday Night Lights now.I need to save this for when I'm done!
    Married- 7/17/10
     Baby #1- "L.J."- 3/14/12 
    Expecting  #2- EDD 1/8/16 
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride" 

• MssyMmmy said:

I have Canadian Netflix and Nashville is on there. I am so jealous seeing the shows Americans have :( some of the good ones I have watched not mentioned are hannibal, nip tuck, weeds, Brooklyn 99

It's pretty easy to get the American one. You just have to YouTube instructions for changing your DNS codes. They walk you through it and usually give you a few different codes to try. The only problem is the codes expire so sometimes they don't work and when you find one that does, it will need to be redone very few months. But it's worth it. If you know anyone who is techy, streams a lot of TV and movies or is a gamer they can probably help you. That's how we did it! We have like three different friends who fix it for us everytime. Totally worth it!
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • l4rkl4rk member
    I'm on Canadian netflix so recent binges have been OITNB, Unbreakable Kimmy, Bojack, Nashville...

I second the need to watch Bates Motel. Heads up that the first episode is a bit uncomfortably graphic but it gets tamer. So just know the whole show isn't *that*.

If you're looking for something underrated, try Lilyhammer. It's a Netflix show that never really became popular, probably because it has subtitles for half the dialogue. But I loved it.