June 2015 Moms

FFFQ: flame free Friday questions 7/24

Re: FFFQ: flame free Friday questions 7/24

• devyns2nd said:

@rrcameron21 I agree with PP on checking out your pump. I had to replace my tubing because the end that hooks to the pump were stretched out from leaving them in and just letting them hang (per LC).

Well I ordered all new pump parts! Hopefully that helps!
  • how important is the special routine before bedtime?

I don't really have much of a routine before bedtime. During the day I feed LO mostly in the living room but at night I feed him in the nursery with the lights down low and try and keep everything quiet, then put him in his sleeping bag and place him in his bassinet. That works pretty well for us. But other babies seem to respond to having more sleep cues - like baths, swaddling etc. I think it's good to keep things consistent but it doesn't necessarily have to be complicated - it's all about what works for you and your baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • devyns2nd said:

@rrcameron21 I agree with PP on checking out your pump. I had to replace my tubing because the end that hooks to the pump were stretched out from leaving them in and just letting them hang (per LC).

Whoa! I didn't know this & just checked mine.... Bad. Hope changing helps! No more hanging tubes!
  • I had a really weird dream last night (not vivid, tho, so not worthy of cross posting on another thread, lol). In my dream I got smash wasted. I mean seriously white girl wasted. Shots and beer and liquor smashed. Now, I'm not going to do this, but if I had... Its not like I can pump and dump since my boobs dont cooperate with a pump. So what would someone like me do? Would the alcohol eventually metabolize if I just didn't nurse for like a day or so? (Luckily I don't think I would have the problem of engorgement that many of you have)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @KarasTwin I'm right handed and my left side was "the good boob".
  • teather5teather5 member
    edited July 2015
    You would think after nearly 10 weeks I would know how to put on a diaper. Wtf. My LO has leaked out 4 times already today. I think I hate pampers. Or I am just really bad at it.

And they are definitely the right size.

Eta: thought I posted in Randoms. Dang it.
  • teather5 said:

You would think after nearly 10 weeks I would know how to put on a diaper. Wtf. My LO has leaked out 4 times already today. I think I hate pampers. Or I am just really bad at it.

It might be the brand you're using. We used Huggies initially and had so many leaks around the leg holes. When we switched to babylove, which are wider, the leaks stopped.
  • devyns2nd said:

@KarasTwin I'm right handed and my left side was "the good boob".

Ditto. But my left boob was always slightly larger than my right even pre-pregnancy. I've been wondering if chest size is related to production but have been too lazy to google it.
  • mellymar said:

I had a really weird dream last night (not vivid, tho, so not worthy of cross posting on another thread, lol). In my dream I got smash wasted. I mean seriously white girl wasted. Shots and beer and liquor smashed. Now, I'm not going to do this, but if I had... Its not like I can pump and dump since my boobs dont cooperate with a pump. So what would someone like me do? Would the alcohol eventually metabolize if I just didn't nurse for like a day or so? (Luckily I don't think I would have the problem of engorgement that many of you have)

@mellymar your milk mirrors your BAL. as soon as you sober up enough to drive you are sober enough to breastfeed. The only reason for pumping and dumping is to relieve discomfort. Hand expression always works too of course just enough to relieve discomfort as to not waste milk!! It's not "tainted" after drinking. The alcohol is metabolized.
  • @SammeMotley I thought so. Thank you! I'm not planning on going out to get blasted, but I woke up from that dream thinking for a minute that I HAD done that, and was panicked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • katyqvkatyqv member
    How soon will I know if LO is agreeing with the formula we've started supplementing with?
  • r handed but r boob is my problem boob :(. l boob was always bigger to begin with too!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Late to the flame free but I don't get the attraction to the book Where the Wild things Are.
  • @Kelamz I like it because it recognizes that children can get really, really mad and that's ok. There's no lesson or moral or change to better behavior, just acknowledgment that being a kid and never being in charge must really suck sometimes.
  • teather5 said:

Try huggies :)

• katyqv said:

How soon will I know if LO is agreeing with the formula we've started supplementing with?

At least a week
  • I tried Huggies for the first time last week and LO blew threw the first two! So I just went back to pampers and had no problems. What am I doing wrong with Huggies?? I got a ton for gifts and I want to use them!
  • Anyone else's babies poop smell like sour cheese when they are only getting breastmilk? (Sorry to be gross) LO is only going every few days too but it's loose and not green or anything. Hoping that it's not an allergy as it will mess up getting supplemental milk from SIL. At least LO doesn't seem bothered by it.
  • @rrcameron21 us too! And they would always feel wet on the outside. We're using Luvs now. So cheap and holds her pee all night.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • So curious........ Anyone know how to fix the lopsided boob dilemma from one making way more milk than the other ? .....
    Anyone know if they will even out when done bf?! ....
    I really hate how uneven they are.
  • I have no answers for y'all's awesome questions... Only another question.

Does the monitor freak anyone else out?!

LO is in our room (in bassinet) with grunting & noise & all still. I'm saying its bc I'm 40% lazy/anxious about her being in another room & 60% terrified of the monitor... Not that it would break but that thing sounds like some scary movie stuff going on... Ugh. Hate it at night.
  • klkonwi said:

So curious........ Anyone know how to fix the lopsided boob dilemma from one making way more milk than the other ? .....
    Anyone know if they will even out when done bf?! ....
    I really hate how uneven they are.

my guess, would be to increase use of lower producing side, like if LO wants to comfort nurse use that side. or you could try cabbage leaf on the over producing side?
  • @janit368 My LO has the same smell! He goes about every 4-5 days now. He doesn't seem to be having trouble with not going for so long. It does smell really weird though...
  • I tried Huggies for the first time last week and LO blew threw the first two! So I just went back to pampers and had no problems. What am I doing wrong with Huggies?? I got a ton for gifts and I want to use them!

If the Huggies are unopened, you can return them and exchange for a different brand. I went to WalMart without a receipt, and they actually gave me a gift card for the return.

If they are opened, as one of my giant boxes was, I found I had to wait til my babies had chunkier legs. They take me longer to put on, since I really take the time to make sure the legs are snug. I usually put the diaper on fast, then readjust the legs so they are tighter. I don't use them at night, since they take more time and effort to put on, but we're using them up during the day.

FWIW, my babes are in Pampers size 1 and Huggies newborn at the same time.
  • I have no answers for y'all's awesome questions... Only another question.

LO is in our room (in bassinet) with grunting & noise & all still. I'm saying its bc I'm 40% lazy/anxious about her being in another room & 60% terrified of the monitor... Not that it would break but that thing sounds like some scary movie stuff going on... Ugh. Hate it at night.

This! Also hate it because once in a while I stare at it I see like white flash (totally a ghost) fly by his crib
    :-SS
  • HayesRN13 said:

I have no answers for y'all's awesome questions... Only another question.

This! Also hate it because once in a while I stare at it I see like white flash (totally a ghost) fly by his crib
    :-SS
    I have a little lovie that LO got as a gift sitting in the corner of his crib, it's a rhino. On the monitor it looks super creepy! Next time I go into his room tonight, that thing is going to get moved.
  • See what I'm taking about?
  • swiebe said:

See what I'm taking about?

So creepy!
  • So... When do I need to move LO out of the pack and play bassinet level and into a legit crib? We don't have a crib yet and wondering when I need to take some action on that...
  • @hoodoll82 I think when they can stand on their own is when you switch it!
  • @hoodoll82 or be able to pull themselves up on things!
  • Does anyone else's c-section scar smell? It may be because my gut now hangs over it and it gets sweaty, but I just noticed the smell today. I feel disgusting.
  • hoodoll82 said:

So... When do I need to move LO out of the pack and play bassinet level and into a legit crib? We don't have a crib yet and wondering when I need to take some action on that...

When they can roll over.

• Does anyone else's c-section scar smell? It may be because my gut now hangs over it and it gets sweaty, but I just noticed the smell today. I feel disgusting.

Yes. I definitely have the gut sweat stank.
  • @rrcameron21 glad it's not just me. I was beginning to worry about infection.
  • I'm 8 weeks pp and my boobs are still leaking like crazy. Thoughts on when it will stop? My understanding was it should have happened/happen soon...
  • @virginiaunicorn11 The side I'm not feeding from always leaks. With DS, it happened as long as I was BFing. I didn't realize some people don't leak. :-/
  • @virginiaunicorn11 Perhaps never! Kidding...kind of. Because I stopped BFing 7 weeks ago, yes 7, and mine still leak ever so slightly but enough that I still wear a bra 24/7. Insanity!
  • Oof, thanks, ladies. Not what I wanted to hear, but good to know!