April 2016 Moms
Options

What's for lunch?

Ok it's been a couple years since I've been pregnant and recently I've been eating deli sandwiches almost daily for lunch.  I remember deli meat is a no go unless heated (bad taste in mouth from my first pregnancy so I won't be doing that)- so what do you ladies eat for lunch?  I'm looking for something quick, easy & healthy.  TIA!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What's for lunch?

• Options
    I usually do leftovers of the night before! I know for some people that is not an option. I would try meal prepping for lunches for the week!
  • Options

Good idea & thanks!  We usually don't have many leftovers until fall/winter when I do casseroles & crockpots.  Yeah guess I'll have to do a little more planning. 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I have recently started this for during the week to keep costs down. He was going out to lunch everyday and it was adding up!
  • Options
    I really love the Amy's Burritos so I will usually take those (plus its easy to grab). Sometimes I make a good ol' fashioned PB&J sandwich or a grilled chicken salad with tomato, cucumber, and avocado. These are usually my go-to options.

• Options
    We follow a plan called eMeals (they send weekly menus based on your menu choice, we do clean eating and/or paleo, with a shopping list for $5/month), we use the family option so we take leftovers for lunch at work.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Thanks for the ideas.  I love salads and I could definitely cook some chicken up at the beginning of the week and do that on days we don't have leftovers.  Also DH mentioned doing some BBQ pork in the crockpot and eating that leftover.  Yum!  

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I usually do leftovers too. I try to make a lot of food for dinner so that DH can bring it to work the next day for lunch and I can have some for lunch too. Today it's leftover homemade pizza and roasted peppers with spiralized summer squash. Pizza's the best choice, but not the worst!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    I meal prep or eat leftovers- casseroles, enchiladas, soup, etc. I don't eat a lot of deli meat, so that isn't a problem I really face :)
  • Options
    I buy the bagged salads and divide them out into Tupperwares for the week. For me, its much easier than buying all the ingredients and chopping everything up. I'll bring an avocado to add to it and some baby carrots. I eat yogurt everyday, and bring fruit and string cheese to eat throughout the day. I like things that are easy to grab and throw in my lunch bag on my way out. :)
  • Options
    I had a salad today. Last pregnancy salads were a HUGE turnoff for me, so I figure as long as salads are appetizing now, I better get them in :)
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had a salad with greens, tomatoes, peppers, avocado, and cheese. With a chobani yogurt. Typically when I'm working I will make my lunches on Sunday for M, Tu, & W. Then thursday and Friday is usually left overs or something quick like peanut butter sandwich. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Options
    Leftovers are definitely awesome, but M-F I cook just for me and my 1 year old, so I usually make small portions. (or a huge batch for the whole week/to freeze) Last week a made a huge batch of refried beans, and I've been throwing together quick bean and cheese burritos. If you're home, making them right before lunch is great, but premaking them (minus anything too wet) and then heating in the microwave works as well. I usually add shredded chicken, but I was looking for a super cheap meal and left it out.

Another great option is a pork butt or some chicken in the slow cooker. In a wrap, on a salad, or in a rice bowl type thing, it's a perfect quick meal. I like to do a mix of chicken breast and thighs and throw in lime, apple cider vinegar, honey, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and let it go then shred. Perfect for quick burrito bowls!!