3rd Trimester

What now

So I have tried things to bring on labor I've been having contractions I am 37 weeks and 4 days I am 3-4 cm dilated she stripped my membranes I've had sex I have stimulated my nipples tonight I'm eating spicy food surely to god I have to almost done with this ....how long can you walk around that dilated before labor

Re: What now

• So I have tried things to bring on labor I've been having contractions I am 37 weeks and 4 days I am 3-4 cm dilated she stripped my membranes I've had sex I have stimulated my nipples tonight I'm eating spicy food surely to god I have to almost done with this ....how long can you walk around that dilated before labor

QFP
  • Loading the player...
  • What is with the attacks I am full term ultrasound says I'm measuring 6 days bigger she is healthy and fully developed when she measures my belly i measuring at 39 weeks I have been having contractions for 2 weeks and she did the membrane thing because I was already so dilated I was just asking how long would labor start with being that much dilated god stop being so hateful
  • It wouldn't be a big deal if she wasn't already trying to come out and like I said I just had that one question thanks for nothing
  • Thanks you have truly been so helpful to me I'm so glad we have people like you on here to set terrible people like straight
  • Thanks you have truly been so helpful to me I'm so glad we have people like you on here to set terrible people like straight

Lol don't be so sensitive. You clearly didn't know better so everyone who responded to your post, myself included, was just trying to educate you since your doctor is obviously isn't doing their job very well. No one said you were terrible. So I'm not sure where that came from.
  • I'm not being sensitive I'm being 9 months pregnant and you can "educate" without degrading my doctor or me like I said before I had one freaking question you have all answered it thank you
  • Classychik85, don't let MyCousinVinny rile you up. After she posted a crappy comment on one of my comments, i checked her profile and see she harasses everyone. seems like a real peach. 
  • Someone should report them they are rude
  • Thank you bickey11
  • You can be tactful without being a bitch
    Says the person who is name calling.  

This is extremely mature.

Good luck!

• I did not call you a bitch...now who is being sensitive
  • I did not call you a bitch...now who is being sensitive
    Please read your post above.  

Again, good luck.
  • I was 4cm dilated, 70% effaced and contracting regularly at 37 weeks with #3, that being said she was born 1 day before her due date and membrane stripping and all the natural things I did at home (nipple stim, walking, sex, etc) did nothing. Honestly, baby comes when baby is ready. Hang in there- you won't be pregnant forever. Try and stay busy to keep your mind off things!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It wouldn't be a big deal if she wasn't already trying to come out and like I said I just had that one question thanks for nothing

I'm sorry but your defensive comments are so irritating.

No one is being rude. You're being ridiculous.
  • My friend went into labor naturally at 37.5 weeks. She was unable to breastfeed because the baby hadn't cooked long enough to acquire the proper latching skills.

Another friend who was induced for medical reasons at 37 weeks was also unable to breastfeed. Both of them pump and bottle feed instead which is a huge pain in the ass.

So yes OP technically 37 weeks is term. But that doesn't mean that baby is fully developed. I know people who have walked around at 3cm dilated for several weeks before going into labor. I was still fully closed at my appointment 2 days before I went into labor. There is no way to predict when labor will start no matter what your stats are. Sorry. But I'd advise not rushing it, for your baby's sake.
  • For the love of God ... Let your baby continue to develop.

Secondly, to answer your "question" ...
    You will go into labor when your BABY is ready. There is not one person, let alone on this forum, that can tell you when you will go into labor.