2nd Trimester
Options

Gender tests

I've done intelligender, baking soda tests, the ring tests, Chinese gender chart and all came back boy I'm 13 and a half weeks has anyone done any of these tests? Were your results correct? I'm so excited I'm a ftm!

Re: Gender tests

• Options
    My husband and I did all those test just for the fun of it and they ALL said it was going to be a girl..we are 25w now and it's a baby girl!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did intelligender with my first and it told me girl... He is a BOY. With this baby Chinese gender chart says girl and he's a BOY ! Congratulations your diet is more acidic.
  • Options
    roseyrroseyr member
    I did a blood test. I am 10 weeks and6 days and it coast 350$ and its 95% correct
  • Options
    ash413ash413 member
    edited July 2015
    I have never understood these test, particularly the backing soda test.
    Y chromosomes and X chromosomes have the exact same amino acids, nitrogenous bases, and phosphate groups, it is physically impossible for them to induce different chemical reactions. They definitely can't tell you the gender, you will probably know your child's gender in a few years though.

• Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    They're a bunch of nonsense. I did a few of these, just for fun, with a few friends one day and boy, boy, boy. And I "felt like" i was having a boy even before that. I "knew" i was having a boy. I picked out boys' names, etc. 

It's a girl :)

In order to understand why these seem to work so well, you need to understand some basic rules about 50/50 probability. Basically, when you have a 50% chance of being right, you're right 50% of the time. Those odds are REALLY good and it makes stuff like this look accurate as a result. 

Now the chinese gender chart is interesting. My grandfather in law (who is chinese and a pharmacist) says that there are certain hormone fluctuations women have throughout the year based on their age and this CAN influence the sex of a baby (determined at conception) though he had never encountered this chart before - first time he saw it. That sounds perfectly reasonable and this is why you'll find a very high degree of accuracy with that little chart. (reverse engineering it on 20 subjects gave us a 94% accuracy on babies already born) But even that is not a guaranteed win (if what he says is true - and i'm going on what he says) as every woman is different. My chart said boy for sure and I'm not having a boy according to the anatomy scan. 
  • Options
    I mean I know they aren't accurate but they were fun that's for sure I find out in less then 3 weeks so it's no biggie lol just curious! Thanks for everyone's input!! I guess "in a few years I'll know" no biggie either hahahaha