June 2015 Moms

Weekly Medical Momma Thread (7/27-8/2)

krystleshelkrystleshel member
edited July 2015 in June 2015 Moms
A spot for mommy's medical trips, tips, & something else that starts with "t" (too tired to be clever)...

Re: Weekly Medical Momma Thread (7/27-8/2)

• So I had my 6 weeks PP appt today. I thought I'd have to pee in a cup (habit I guess), & I didn't. So here I am with a full bladder & an internal exam. Yay.

Also, my doc gave me the same BC as before, said it didn't matter the kind with me BFing. I thought it did, but I'm no doctor & I loved the kind I had before. I may ask her pedi just in case next week...

Now to clean the bathtub for my bubble bath & mentally prep for my husband to come home. He's counting the hours....
  • Had my mirena put in today. Easy peasy, didn't even feel the insertion. But the cramping after is giving me a twinge of flashbacks to labor.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • When does the bleeding stop?? Im 4 weeks pp and it acts like it will then starts back up. Im not bleeding a lot but it's so annoying!
  • I know there was a thread a while back about our first PP period, but is anyone still waiting for it? I'm not BFing and LO will be 2months on Wednesday... just curious because I feel like it should be here already...

When does the bleeding stop?? Im 4 weeks pp and it acts like it will then starts back up. Im not bleeding a lot but it's so annoying!

I think it's different for everyone, but if I'm remembering correctly, I spotted for a week after my 6 week check up and before it ended it would come and go a lot. Hope that helps some.
  • I'm 6 weeks pp & no period. My bleeding stopped around week 4 & had some spotting a little after that. Isn't it crazy how different everyone is.

I asked my doc ab starting my BC when my period starts-he said just to start Sunday. I swear this man is so laid back. Everything is like, "ehh it'll be alright." Haha
  • kbbtahkbbtah member
    Ug...4 weeks pp and my virginia is still sore as hell. Ive had 2 infections and a horrible "recovery". I just want to feel normal and not cringe every time I sneeze or laugh. This completely blows. The thought of having sexin 2 weeks mmakes me wanna run for the hills! :/
  • Did anyone else get diagnosed with a prolapse? I have a minor bladder prolapse that I am hoping will go away with lots and lots of kegels but I am still really upset about it. My doc said it was really common but I haven't seen anyone mention it and I feel like I'm all alone in this.
  • I have my 6 week pp visit tomorrow. Maybe tmi but I checked out down below and it looks off. I feel fine, no pain or anything, but I definitely was googling prolapse a few weeks ago. I'll be sure to update after my appt.
  • swiebe said:

I have my 6 week pp visit tomorrow. Maybe tmi but I checked out down below and it looks off. I feel fine, no pain or anything, but I definitely was googling prolapse a few weeks ago. I'll be sure to update after my appt.

I have my appointment tomorrow too. You're very brave. I have no desire to see what it looks like down there until the doctor tells me it looks ok! I'm very excited to get cleared to exercise and swim in the lake and take a bubble bath...and terrified to get cleared to have sex again because I'm pretty sure it will be painful. I need to go buy some lube, definitely.
  • delujm0 said:

swiebe said:

I have my 6 week pp visit tomorrow. Maybe tmi but I checked out down below and it looks off. I feel fine, no pain or anything, but I definitely was googling prolapse a few weeks ago. I'll be sure to update after my appt.

I have my appointment tomorrow too. You're very brave. I have no desire to see what it looks like down there until the doctor tells me it looks ok! I'm very excited to get cleared to exercise and swim in the lake and take a bubble bath...and terrified to get cleared to have sex again because I'm pretty sure it will be painful. I need to go buy some lube, definitely.
    Ha, curiosity got the best of me. I'm looking forward to getting some clearance for those activities as well!
  • I know there was a thread a while back about our first PP period, but is anyone still waiting for it? I'm not BFing and LO will be 2months on Wednesday... just curious because I feel like it should be here already...

When does the bleeding stop?? Im 4 weeks pp and it acts like it will then starts back up. Im not bleeding a lot but it's so annoying!

I think it's different for everyone, but if I'm remembering correctly, I spotted for a week after my 6 week check up and before it ended it would come and go a lot. Hope that helps some.
    I'm 8.5 weeks and still no period! And I'm waiting for it to go on birth control. Poor DH being so patient...
  • kkdb14kkdb14 member
    I'm having what seems like a really light, REALLY DARK period two weeks after starting BCP, and 3 weeks after my first PP period. TMI, but it's almost like brown chunks. Is this more PP bleeding, or maybe breakthrough bleeding? Anyone else experienced this? 9 weeks PP.
  • frankengibbsfrankengibbs member
    edited July 2015
    hoodoll82 said:

I know there was a thread a while back about our first PP period, but is anyone still waiting for it? I'm not BFing and LO will be 2months on Wednesday... just curious because I feel like it should be here already...

I'm 8.5 weeks and still no period! And I'm waiting for it to go on birth control. Poor DH being so patient...
    I have to wait to start my BC too and I'm getting super impatient because I'd like to just get back to normal...that and I don't want to carry on the tradition of having babies back to back...
    LO will be 9 weeks tomorrow and still nothing!
  • i havent bled in like 2 days. probably just jinx'd myself though. [-O<
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member
    I'm 8 weeks pp And got my period two days ago. Stopped bf at week 5. So do not miss periods.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Just had my 6 week on Monday and cleared for sex, we did the deed yesterday. Used lube and a condom for BC (I don't do well on any of the hormone options). Was not as bad as I feared, some normalcy returns, thankfully!
  • Migraine. @-)
    And SAHMs don't get sick days.
  • Cleared today for "all activities." And the internal exam didn't hurt at all, so maybe with enough lube, sex won't be ad bad as I imagine. We're also going back to condoms because I want to avoid hormonal bc until we're done having kids.

Hope LO will nap in her crib soon so I can start working out!
  • I know I should have thought about this sooner but I guess I've been avoiding the issue all together. I had a third degree episiotomy- really bordering fourth degree with some associated tearing. Obviously I had a lot of stitches and it has been the worst part of this entire experience- recovering from the episiotomy. To top it off I also got three hemorrhoids while pushing.

My six week appointment is next week and I finally got the courage to look at my virginia with a mirror and there are still stitches not dissolved. I am absolutely dreading an internal exam. Like the thought of it makes me want to cancel my appointment- that's so immature I know but it's true. I'm not due for my pap until October- do they always do one at your follow up? And anyone who had an episiotomy that wasn't healed by the time you had your six week appointment- how bad was the internal. Literally in tears as I type this.

You're all so brave. I'm such a chicken.
  • I know I should have thought about this sooner but I guess I've been avoiding the issue all together. I had a third degree episiotomy- really bordering fourth degree with some associated tearing. Obviously I had a lot of stitches and it has been the worst part of this entire experience- recovering from the episiotomy. To top it off I also got three hemorrhoids while pushing.

My six week appointment is next week and I finally got the courage to look at my virginia with a mirror and there are still stitches not dissolved. I am absolutely dreading an internal exam. Like the thought of it makes me want to cancel my appointment- that's so immature I know but it's true. I'm not due for my pap until October- do they always do one at your follow up? And anyone who had an episiotomy that wasn't healed by the time you had your six week appointment- how bad was the internal. Literally in tears as I type this.

I'm in the same boat 4wks PP with a 3rd Degree tear. Took a look down there and I'm pretty depressed. I'm terrified to go to my appointment in two weeks : (

Mine didn't do a pap. He said to come back in a month for that. The internal was just a quick check, nothing bad. I did have a friend with a 4th degree tear that was told she needed to wait another 6 weeks for internal activities (sex, tampons, baths). No worries. You can tell your doctor you're nervous too. They should be sympathetic.

im only 3 weeks PP and the other day my family doctor called me and told me i need to get a pap test. she tried to schedule me for one at the end of this month.. i had to remind her of my healing and now im supposed to get one at the end of august. idk what kind of episiotomy i had but with the extra tearing i had as well didnt veer off to the side it would have reached my anal. so im definitely not looking forward to it.

as for your stitches ive heard epsom salt baths can aid in the speed of healing.

• I did have an internal exam but no pap at my 6 week PP appt. I had a pap at my 12 week prenatal appt while pregnant last December so the doctor said I can come back for my annual appt plus pap this December.

I had a little tearing and a few stitches but was still terrified about the internal exam...and it didn't hurt at all. Felt just like my annual appts always did. It probably won't be as bad as you think.
  • No pap for me either since my last one in November was "all clear".
  • In the same 3rd bordering on 4th degree ..... Terrified for aug 4 appt.
  • Had my 6 week pp visit on Wednesday. Got a pap, internal exam was a little uncomfortable, but all looks good according to the doc. I had a 2nd degree tear, and some of my stitches are still in. I was one who looked down below a few weeks ago and was convinced I had some type of minor prolapse. So I was surprised and happy to hear all was well. Got the mini pill, and don't need to go back for a year!
  • So I went to the Dr (well, nurse practitioner) for my 'pokey rib' / random side and back pain and they think it's muscular, that I'm having muscle spasms in the muscles along my side and back. Possibly related to birth as I remember being very sore in that area the day after from pushing - which I basically call doing mad crazy crunches for 2 hours. Apparently there isn't much to be done except stretch, I can try using heat there, and wait for it to improve. Which apparently will take a while cause those are muscles that are constantly working whether we are intending to work them or not. I can take what is left of my post birth ibuprofin or Tylenol 3s for the discomfort. And OTC ibuprofen once those run out.

I have my 6 week PP appt on Monday. I'll discuss it with my OB at that time too and see if they have heard of it or have any ideas. Maybe I can get a referral to physical therapy or a chiropractor or something. I gotta tell ya, the idea of just waiting for it to get better and just dealing with it is not very heartening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited July 2015
    @mellymar I hate that you are in pain constantly!!! That's awful. Hang in there. I also saw you mention about crying ..... Zoloft is working wonders for me. Just a thought.

I can't seem to get my digestive system to regulate. I'll be 6 weeks next week........ Wtf. Does anyone with other kids remember how long it took for them ? I had a huge tear and was on stool drugs forever. Wondering if those permanently screwed my system up.
  • almakiealmakie member
    edited July 2015
    -- warning tmi---

I'm almost 5 weeks pp just finished pp bleeding so now waiting for the dreaded period, still a bit tender down there. I had an episiotomy of 3rd** degree and an anal fissure. The thought of ever doing the deed scares the hell out of me, let alone getting an internal.

Question though, for those of you that get waxed down there. How long after baby did you get it done again?

Edited** to tired and fingers don't work with my brain.
  • aj1327aj1327 member
    almakie said:

-- warning tmi---

I'm almost 5 weeks pp just finished pp bleeding so now waiting for the dreaded period, still a bit tender down there. I had an episiotomy of 3rd** degree and an anal fissure. The thought of ever doing the deed scares the hell out of me, let alone getting an internal.

Question though, for those of you that get waxed down there. How long after baby did you get it done again?

Edited** to tired and fingers don't work with my brain.

I went a few days after my check up. I was surprised at how not painful it was. I guess after child birth waxing Is a piece of cake! Lol
  • @klkonwi yeah, feeling like I'm being stabbed with long needle in my side when nursing or taking care of my kid is not condusive to a positive state of mind. Coupled with the fact that I apparently am *still* starving him, OK, not really *starving*, but not providing as well for him as I thought, which means I'm not as in tune with him like I thought. And the fact that DHs and I's personalities make it next to impossible for me to have a meaningful discussion with him about my frustrations....
    Other than the fair this whole week has been a pretty big downer (last week wasn't very peachy either). My Dr is going to hear it all. I don't mind better living thru chemistry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have my appointment today, hoping everything is okay. I over did it moving and have had some pain behind my incision (csec) so I'm a little concerned about that hindering getting the all-clear. Fingers crossed.
  • @mellymar take it if you need it. I've been on some kind of mood stabilizer my entire life. From experience, it's way more fun to be drug happy than it is to be miserable. You deserve to enjoy this, even though it's crazy difficult. I'm sorry these last few weeks have been suck.
  • Uh. I'm mortified right now. Sorry if this is tmi. But as previously stated I had a third degree episiotomy. I was just checking things out to see how the stitches were doing and there is a small hole... Like maybe the size of a q tip head to the right of my perineum. There is no drainage coming out of it and this is so tmi but I swear to god I want to effing scream and cry. Has anyone ever had this?????? Will it heal?????
  • Uh. I'm mortified right now. Sorry if this is tmi. But as previously stated I had a third degree episiotomy. I was just checking things out to see how the stitches were doing and there is a small hole... Like maybe the size of a q tip head to the right of my perineum. There is no drainage coming out of it and this is so tmi but I swear to god I want to effing scream and cry. Has anyone ever had this?????? Will it heal?????

I would call your OB and let him/her know.
  • jesshrou said:

Uh. I'm mortified right now. Sorry if this is tmi. But as previously stated I had a third degree episiotomy. I was just checking things out to see how the stitches were doing and there is a small hole... Like maybe the size of a q tip head to the right of my perineum. There is no drainage coming out of it and this is so tmi but I swear to god I want to effing scream and cry. Has anyone ever had this?????? Will it heal?????

I would call your OB and let him/her know.
    Done. Going in next week. Wah.
  • I'm 9 weeks pp today and still no period... Has anyone here gone this long before? Ugh I can't go on birth control until it happens and DH and I are both over it.
  • @hoodoll82 I am almost 8 weeks pp and no period. I know from a certain sign/symptom today that I'm ovulating now or in the next day or so, which for me means no period for another week plus easily. Not sure how normal that is, but you are not the only one!
  • @hoodoll82 I'm 8 weeks out and no period. My periods are irregular though, so I'm not surprised. I decided to stop taking birth control about 7 years ago. DH and I weren't married yet, but I had been on them forever and wanted to give my body a break. I didn't have a period on my own for a year and a half. I'm betting these pregnancy hormones has thrown my cycle off again!

I'm 10 weeks and still have not had a PP period. I think it just varies...