June 2015 Moms

Gas baby!

my 4week old baby is suffering from gas. I mean he fats all day. He crys before and after feeding. He is on enfamil gentle formula and we using playtex bottles. I also burp him every 2oz. He is eating every 3 hr-4oz. I just try introducing a pacifier but he does like it. What am I missing??

Re: Gas baby!

• ksimo6ksimo6 member
    You may want to switch formulas. Sounds like that formula is not agreeing with him.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• We had that problem and we switched formulas. We also use dr brown bottles because they take out the bubbles. I would also try burping every ounce as opposed to every 2.
    Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you lady's. I will be switching bottles and as for the formula I had to consult the doctor first
  • To what formula did u switch to? And with one did you had previously ?
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member
    We has LO on greber gentle and switched him to enfamil ar. We suspected that he had some acid reflux and the enfamil ar has a little rice cereal in it which has helped him dramatically. He was a new kid in less than 48 hours.

That said, when my daughter was a baby we had to switch her from similac supplement to Gerber gentle because the similac did not agree with her.

It's kind if a crap shoot on what you should switch him to. If he's super gassy, you may want to try another brand of formula for gas.... Similac it Gerber. Give it a few days to see if it makes a difference.

Also- we use the playtex ventaire bottles and they help with gas a a well. Good luck! It's so hard to have an uncomfortable baby.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• we were on Gerber gentle and it made her super gassy and smelly then we switched to Gerber soothe and it changed her dramatically. It has probiotics in it to help their digestive system.
    We started by switching 2-3 feedings a day then kept upping it from there. Only took a few days. We are on the 2nd canister and she's already 100 times different. Still has her moments but you have to remember that their digestive system is still developing. So they will always have some issues for the first few months.
    If your baby is crying before and after feedings it makes me wonder about reflux. Does he cry during feedings?
  • I had my l/o on Gerber gentle and switched her to Gerber soothe. It didn't help so we ended up switching to Similiac. I was going through all of my samples that I got in the mail. She is doing well on Similiac! We also use Tommee Tippee bottles and I burp her every ounce, just starting to let her go 2oz at a time.
  • He was on similiac previously a now on enfamilk. He doesn't cry during feeding. And according to the doctor it takes two weeks for any milk to settle in. So I am try to stay calm even though sometimes I cry with him. I am trying everything.
  • I feel ur pain bc I've been crying every day bc my LO is having a hard time. She cries during feeding which is causing her to eat less at a feed and can't seem to figure out what is happening... I'm thinking some silent reflux so I'm thinking about starting a probiotic? She gets mostly my milk but sometimes ( a couple feeds a day) I have to supplement and am currently using gerber gentle. Idk what to do bc doctor isn't convinced yet
  • We are on Similac Alimentum, it's pricey but made a world of difference. We also are on probiotics, changed to Dr Brown bottles and recently Zantac. Between all that, LO seems much better.
  • Finally happy baby, happy mom. We switch to dr. Brown wide bottles. And I constantly doing tummy time, rubbing his back and putting a warm cloth on his tummy. And it has pay off. No more crazy farts or crying. Baby eats well and sleeps longer.