Infertility
Options

HSG today

Had my HSG today. I was told to eat and take 800mg of ibuprofen 1 hour before it. I was nervous and anticipating the worst but did not have any pain, cramping or discomfort. I know quite a few people do which must be horrible. For those of you who still have to have one, I had a good experience so hopefully you will too! Best news- my uterus looks good and my tubes are open! I hopefully now get to start my IUI meds tomorrow or this weekend.

I asked my RE about getting an antibiotic and he said unless someone has a blockage that they have to clear, they don't give them. Not even prophylactically. They only give them after trying to clear out a blockage. He said in 12 years, they haven't had an infection. Thought that was interesting

For those of you taking the test- thinking of you and good luck!!

Re: HSG today

• Options
    Krisd6Krisd6 member
    edited July 2015
    @ErikaMG wanted to make sure you saw my experience! Hope you will have the same one!
  • Options
    I didn't take antibiotics either. They weren't even offered but also didn't have blocked tubes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had antibiotics - just a 3 day course.  
    The 2 things that bothered me the most was the speculum and the initial injection getting into place...  Other then that I had no cramping after or anything.  The whole thing only took 10 minutes.   I hopefully get to start IUI meds next week.  :) 
    TTC since 2013 (loss mentioned)
    IUI #1 and 2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP - miscarried at 7 weeks
    started IVF cycle Feb 2016
    2/19 ER-- 20 Retrieved 12 fertilized 6 tested 
    2/26 -- 3 normal, 2 abnormal, 2 unconfirmed 
    4/3 transfer
    4/29 - Miscarried
    8/25 - transfer
    9/3 - BFP  -- fingers crossed...