Baby Names

Just found out today, IT'S A GIRL! need middle name to go with Brynlee

13»

Re: Just found out today, IT'S A GIRL! need middle name to go with Brynlee

• Loading the player...
  • amama3amama3 member

I think Rhea is such a great, unique underused name that it would be a shame to middle name it. The last time Rhea was even in the top 1000 was in 04, and it was 911. Brynlee and Brinley have both shot up so fast, it be such a shame to have a gorgeous middle name and share a first name with multiple peers. 

Rhea Brynn would be amazing, and there's no chance of her being Rhea last initial. 
    My mother's name is Rhea! Absolutely love that name :)
  • My sons name is Brinley. He was named after his great great grandfather of the same name. I love it personally but not for any modern kinda reasons. Sad to see it hated on so much.
  • breezycat said:

I called the name gag inducing and I stand by my comment. It's an ugly name in my opinion and most people on here seem to agree.

The whole point of this board is to get honest feedback from people that will tell you the truth. The OP didn't seem upset about the criticism so I don't know why anyone else would be (unless you're kid is already named Brynlee.)

Also, don't waste your time searching for a Brynlee at Wal-Mart because they don't sell them anymore. I got mine at the Dollar Tree and it was worth all 100 pennies.

Lmao hahahaha
  • babybluubabybluu member
    edited July 2015

I don't believe op asked for any opinions on her first name choice. She was asking for suggestions on the middle name.

I don't believe she asked you to swoop in and save her either. But ya did. And unlike your unnecessary feedback, she actually listened to ours. But cool on ya for highjacking a thread.

BTW, didn't you want to name your child Chazitty? No wonder you subscribe to the 'no one has a right to judge a name' school of thought.

--------------------------

I read that as "Chaz-titty"

• 4N6s4N6s member
    Johanna Brielle or something. I don't like brynlee.
  • I'm glad you're open minded too but keep in mind that this is your baby and you need to call her exactly what you feel is right.
  • Oh man, this thread BLEW UP. Um so, I'm just here to say Ava Brynn is beautiful and I think you should go for it! I appreciate how gracefully you accepted the feedback, OP. Gold star for you! You're an example for all! :)

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Well if you had read the entire thread you would have seen that the whole Chazitty thing was a joke. I personally don't give a damn what anyone names THEIR child. Every name gets a "side eye" from time to time whether it be the actual name itself or an association with the name. What I dont understand is why is SO freaking important to YOU what anyone names their child. You don't have to live with it so why do you always swoop in and pick apart every freaking name. Why don't you just make a list of acceptable names according to you so we can all see what we should all name our children. You think everything YOU is just so much better than anyone else. Get over yourselves. I'm done with you all.

Because dude, once again you missed the point. It's the baby name board. Get over YOURSELF. This is not the cloth diaper board or chit chat. Baby-name-board.

What did you think we did in here? Create youneek names for parents to terrorize their kids with?

ETA: this one here gets a post it for lyfe

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • My hubby and I are strongly leaning towards Brynn Leigh. He doesn't like Ava Brynn :(
  • flasflas member
    @wlbmom2013 Brynn Leigh is very nice and you still get to call her "brynnley" ( or however we are spelling it these days!) as a NN.I say go with that, good choice :)
  • Ava Brynn makes me think of Ava Braun, Hitler's girlfriend.

I didn't think this. But that's all I see /hear now. Except she was an Eva. She and Hitler were married - for slightly more than 30 hours.
  • Wow! Brynn has definitely been an option. I picked out Brynlee when we were pregnant with our son (Wesley Luke ). My husband lost his best friend Bryan Lee and I thought it would be a good way to pay tribute. I guess in the last two years it has gained quite a negative vibe. I had never heard of it before. I've also liked Ava Brynn. We have a lot to think about. Since our son's name is pretty traditional, maybe we should rethink Brynlee. Thanks for the input!

Brynlee, no.

Ava Brynn, YES!

I like Bryn/Brynn but itself as well as Ava. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • People are so cheeky its your choice how can people u don't now tell u not to name ur baby something u like! They all sound lovely go with ur first initial thought u may regret it if u go for something based on the opinion of author people
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited August 2015
    ^^ This person thinks Brynlee is a good name. 

I'm not saying yay or nay. I'm simply painting a bigger picture for you. 

She is also correct when she says that this choice has to be YOUR choice. And yours alone. 

That is all. 
  • YogaSandy said:
    Ava Brynn makes me think of Ava Braun, Hitler's girlfriend.
    I didn't think this. But that's all I see /hear now. Except she was an Eva. She and Hitler were married - for slightly more than 30 hours.
    True to all of this but Eva in German is pronounced "Ay-va" so from an auditory standpoint, it's kind of dangerous :)
  • ^^ This person thinks Brynlee is a good name. 

I'm not saying yay or nay. I'm simply painting a bigger picture for you. 

She is also correct when she says that this choice has to be YOUR choice. And yours alone. 

That is all. 
    @groovylocks - you said exactly what I was thinking, and said it much better than I could / would have

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015