TTC after 35
Options

Fab 40's check in - 7/30/15

This check in is for our over 40 crowd!  Tell us a little about yourself!

Name/Screen Name, Location, Age

Status (TTC#__, how long, etc.)

Cycle Day

What are you doing this cycle? (natural, meds, IUI/IVF, etc)

How are you feeling? 

QOTW: How did you meet your significant other?
*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: Fab 40's check in - 7/30/15

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Tracie/HisPromisisTrue/PA/41
    TTC for 1 month. It took 13 cycles 3 years ago
    CD27

We are on the tail end of our first month trying after a peri menopause scare. I am still waiting for tests to come back to confirm. Based on a sonogram the DR thinks I do have a small amount of follicles indicating that my body may be giving me a warning that it is coming. The scare made my husband decide to stop using contraceptives and encouraged me to go for an evaluation, but when asked he is still on the fence about ttc#2. Evidence of that is that he didn't want to have BMS when I had an Estrogen surge. He did eventually do the deed ... but the timing wasn't right. I was surprised with something that might be implantation blood ... but so far all pregnancy tests are negative. AF is due tomorrow. Anything can happen, but I am doubtful. I am planning on taking CD3 tests to also help evaluate peri menopause.

I am feeling anxious about my husband being on the fence ... we are really running out of time here. I have been patient for the last 2 years, but I can't continue living in a world where we are all in one minute and holding back when it counts.

DH and I met on line actually, Okcupied.com. We met in person because we both already had tickets to see Jeremy Riddle in concert .. so we met in person at the concert for the first time. We started dating 3 month after the meeting and engaged 5 months after that. Married a year after we started dating, and now married for 5 years.

**Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    1. Sporty1216 from NE, 40

2. TTC #2 for 7 months--took this month off for unrelated health reasons.

3. Information gathering continues--SA results are in, appt with urologist tomorrow, and I got my CD3 bloodwork drawn today. We talked last night and will keep trying naturally for a while longer before pursuing something like IUI. I'll do OPKs and hopefully (prayerfully) the timing and conditions will be right!

4. CD3. I won't test until/if AF is at least one day overdue. That's my usual deal with myself. I try to wait a week, but if I can make it a few days before I test, I'll take it. Usually AF arrives close to on time, so I've only tested once since having LO, and that was back before we were trying!

5. I feel glad that we are seeking out information. I like information. I'm trying to focus on trusting God's timing for us and on not losing hope. In the grand scheme, we haven't really been trying that long--but it's so different from the first time, it's hard to know what to think. Conceived LO on our first cycle off BC, so our expectations were that this time would be the same. Guess that goes to show what happens when you make assumptions! I'm crying a lot this month. I hope getting to talk with the docs will help me feel less anxious/sad. Also, I need to stop reading statistics. Those are a total bummer.

QOTW: DH and I met online--Christian mingle. We dated for just over a year, got engaged, and got married 3 months later. We're coming up on our third anniversary. It's been a whirlwind of changes since we met--single to married, no kids to one kid, lots of home renovations, job changes, etc. but I'm so grateful for all of it. We got a later start than many on this whole adventure--but it's a great adventure indeed. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EmsMama15 (Heather), MN, 40

TTC #2 for 14 months

CD - who knows, done with BCPs next week

On a break but still doing all the eliminating of bad stuff and adding of supplements - a literal hand FULL each morning - that I discussed on the weekly checkin.

I'm feeling hopeful that next cycle will be our cycle.  And scared that it won't work and we'll have to decide if we want to do IVF.

I met my hubby online too!  Plentyoffish.com.  We got engaged after 7 months and then married 7 months after that, baby was a couple weeks old at our first anniversary.  We just celebrated our third anniversary too.  (also a late bloomer in the marriage department!).  It IS a crazy ride when you get married later in life and do things in rapid succession! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Name/Screen Name, Location, Age
    dolphin012, CA, 42

Status (TTC#__, how long, etc.)
    ttc #1 for a few years

Cycle Day
    On OCPs for start of FET protocol

What are you doing this cycle? (natural, meds, IUI/IVF, etc)
    Starting protocol for FET, although i have opted to extend the OCP phase by 1-2 weeks to better fit my work schedule. 

How are you feeling? 
    Starting to feel optimistic about our 5 day blast. But still a ways off to transfer (mid-Sept) and work is super consuming right now so its only partially on my mind. 

QOTW: How did you meet your significant other?
    We lived near each other (in a very small community) and had a lot of similar interests (and still have i should add :).

@HisPromisIsTrue - sorry about the stress with your DH. I hope he sorts it out soon. Good-luck with your upcoming testing.  
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN