November 2015 Moms

Am I the only momma who gets irrational fear if the baby is okay this far into the pregnancy?!?

Yikes I'm still always nervous I did something. And I freak out. I don't always want to call my OB or go to the ER I feel like they get sick of me going extra.

But like days like today when I'm not feeling any movement get me upset that something's wrong. I feel like I'm going to give the baby diabetes with all the sugar I eat just to feel it move. And it's been so hot I get afraid it's effected the baby and the heart just stopped beating.

Am I the only crazy one. I'm trying to keep calm. Lol.

Re: Am I the only momma who gets irrational fear if the baby is okay this far into the pregnancy?!?

• I know how you feel, I get it too. Baby had a quiet day yesterday and I started to worry and thought that it was because I had 2 soft boiled eggs for tea the night before and I had made him sick.

Now today he is kicking me right in the va-j-j almost all day to make up for it and I'm wishing he would go back to sleep.

• Loading the player...
  • You are definitely not alone. I worry every time I don't feel her move for awhile. When she does move it gives me so much relief. I'm pretty sure this is just the beginning of a lifetime of worrying! It's worth it of course!
  • Hey, you. Welcome back! How did the AS: Take Two go? 
  • Well I feel my anxiety has been higher because I know someone who lost there baby at 25 weeks with no idea why it happened. Then the other day I woke up and I had spotting for the first time my entire pregnancy. Which freaked me out.

I went to the doctor and they said my cervix was really irritated from an infection I had. And my concern was it could of hurt the baby already and I wouldn't know. And then when I was at the doctors she was concerned about me working in a kitchen because she had a patient faint from the heat in a kitchen. She lost the baby from it too. From hearing all that and not feeling the baby move I've been nervous. The last time I heard the heartbeat was a couple days ago.
  • At 25 weeks most women are not continuously feeling there baby move, especially first time mothers.  Infants in the womb have a sleep wake cycle which is almost the complete opposite of ours since maternal movement tends to lull them to sleep.  It's not surprising that you're not feeling constant movement and unless you're having issues such as heat exhaustion/stroke then you and your child are probably fine.  Your level of anxiety has seemed incredibly even abnormally high throughout this pregnancy based on the things you have shared with us.  I would talk to your doctor about counseling and medication.  I think that you would see a world of difference if you were to try to expand your knowledge of coping mechanisms for anxiety. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• This post is my life in the past 12 hours or so. I posted about some quiet movement days around week 19 which I managed to stay calm about. But now I'm week 23, kinda used to feeling stronger more regular movement and baby had a quiet day yesterday. Trying to be calm and rational since I have felt movement just less frequent and less intense- but it's hard! I haven't called anyone because I am still feeling baby every few hours. And also yes to the other poster who mentioned we are freaking out about movement now but it'll be something else for the rest of life so...it's guess just get ready? Sigh...
  • @thefithuntress im sorry I haven't checked my messages. Unfortently at my second ultrasound the baby wouldn't uncross it's legs still. So I'm not sure what I'm having still. I have to wait until my 30 weekend ultrasound. :(

So stubborn.
  • I think you'd be crazier if you DIDNT worry. We're all worried to some extent, you aren't alone sister.
  • @thefithuntress im sorry I haven't checked my messages. Unfortently at my second ultrasound the baby wouldn't uncross it's legs still. So I'm not sure what I'm having still. I have to wait until my 30 weekend ultrasound. :( So stubborn.

Haha, it's okay, love. Just glad to hear baby is doing well! Don't forget about all the good stuff you hear at your appointments, too. 
  • I'm on my 4th and still worry :). I need to stop reading different articles on FB or thinking of stories that I have heard some women go through. Like someone said it never goes away really. Being religious helps me a ton :) always praying for my kiddos