January 2016 Moms
Options

Daily Symptoms, Questions and Concerns - July 29

Here is the thread to post any weird feelings or symptoms, ask symptoms related questions, or share concerns about your pregnancy. Many of us experience similar symptoms and this thread helps us to keep each other informed and calm.

What's happening with everyone this Wednesday?

STM - EDD June 24 '18
DD - January 2016

Re: Daily Symptoms, Questions and Concerns - July 29

• Options
    Been waiting for this today lol..... First question what does the FFFT on Friday's stand for? Why do I have one boob twice the size of the other? And last but not least.... Ingrown hair drama! Always have gotten ingrown hairs even without shaving. They get infected I take the antibiotics and within a week of finishing it's back. I have tried to find the evil hair that would be the source but can't find it! Any other suggestions???? Oh one more what's an effective over the counter feminine anti itch cream?
  • Options
    FFFC- flame free Friday confessions
    Boobs aren't perfectly even so don't worry.
    Ingrown hairs- you have to find the hair or go to doc to have them dig it out otherwise it will keep coming back. Sometimes a warm compress will help get it to the surface and sharp tweezers to get it out.
    Don't know about the anti itch you may need to call your doc on that one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctors app is tomorrow and I'm biting at the bits! This was our first 4 week in between instead of my normal every other week, I'm happy he's releasing me from high risk, but just nervous and want everything to go well. I *think* I'm feeling taps regularly and man if it is he sure is active. I'm loving this stage of pregnancy! Not too big, not sick anymore! Just amazing!
  • Options
    I'm 13w5d and just went to the bathroom and there was light pink when I wiped (sorry TMI). Trying to stay calm and keep an eye on it but of course still worried. And I'm not one to call the doc over every little thing.
  • Options
    enkbenkb member
    @mandamoo165 I had the same thing a few days ago, and had a mini panic. My midwife assured me that especially in the second and third trimester the cervix has extra blood vessels and can fairly easily bleed if it is bumped. She told me as long as the blood didn't fill a pad and cleared up within 1-3 hours there was no need to do anything. If not, she just asked me to call her back and discuss what we might need to do (she stressed it wasn't necessarily a problem, we'd just need to keep a closer eye). Mine happened right after sex, which she said is a known thing to make it happen, but she also said you can get it from a vaginal exam, and even from bumpy rides, lawn mowers, seatbelts too tight and a bunch of other things. Give your provider a call if you feel concerned, I think they are really used to dealng with mom's concerns, and your piece of mind is worth a lot. For me if it happens again I probably won't feel the need to call, but the first time I really did. Hope you feel better. I know it can be really scary!
  • Options
    16 weeks 3 days

I'm mostly feeling better getting out of 1st trimester ickiness... more energy, but fizzles out by 8-9pm lol

Lots of stretching pains, and very small bump lol

Occasional headaches :(

Eating. Lots.
  • Options
    I've got what I assume are stretching pains, usually just at the back of my hips. I finally got a maternity body pillow and it's helped a TON to lessen the discomfort during the day. I feel like I'm getting a lot of symptoms early(16+3), like shortness of breath, indigestion all. day. long. and I woke up one night with the spins from sleeping on my back, like all night tequila shots kinda spins! I'm pretty well versed in 1st tri issues, but this is my first time making it into the 2nd-is it typical to have these this early?

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Options
    Today I've been having pains that feel kind of like really bad muscle soreness, like I worked out way too hard (I haven't worked out this week, shhh don't tell, lol), on my right side, especially at my hip but a little on my side and down my leg. My right breast also has had a few pangs more than the left today. It's worse if I'm walking or laying on my side. This is new for me (I've felt cramping/stretching/round ligament pain but this is different), is it possibly sciatica this early on (13w5d)? Or just random pregnancy growing pain crap? There's no bleeding *knockonwood* so I've chosen to not freak out about it, but figured I'd ask :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks 2 days, and I'm not sure if this is a symptom and was afraid to create a separate topic, but my OCD is in overdrive! My husband let the broccoli boil over last night and the water burned into the silver pan inlay on this old fashioned oven. I spent 20 minutes scrubbing and scrubbing, and then realized, maybe I need a new sponge, got the burnt off in 5 minutes haha. So I say my OCD is in overdrive trying to keep little things like that clean, but I don't want to clean the toilet haha!
  • Options
    Horrid round ligament pain earlier. Now it feels like someone is stabbing me in the left boob with an ice pick. Ow. 
  • Options
    @CaraBoonie what you're describing sounds like IT band pain. The IT band starts at the crest of the hip and runs to the tibial tuberosity (hard bump under the knee cap) via the outside of your leg. Since our hips widen during pregnancy it may be getting stretched. You can look up IT band stretches to see if it helps, I don't think it could hurt since it is just stretching, just do so gently.

Of course I'm not a doc so it's always best to ask your hcp.
  • Options
    I'm 16w1d and my headaches are horrible. They show up everyday like clockwork as I'm about to get dinner ready and stay for the rest of the night. Sometimes I even wake up with them. I've even been getting migraines which are awful.

Funny thing is, my conic headaches and migraines disappeared almost completely with ds, along with the neck aches I've had forever. So DH and I joke that the baby is a girl, she's already giving me headaches ;) Obviously each pg is different but I was looking forward to being headache free!
  • Options
    SDaniels19SDaniels19 member
    edited July 2015
    Today I've been having alot of what I'm assuming is round ligament pain- aching in my lower right hip area, sometimes more of a sharp pain. Also feels like fatigue from first tri has reared it's ugly head again today even though I'm 15w6d

Edit: corrected to 15w6d, not 16
  • Options
    @MrsB915 that's exactly how it hurts, down the outside, thank you! I'll Google some stretches and maybe use a heating pad, thanks!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As a no nausea or MS mama, I have been pretty lucky (*knock on wood) symptoms wise for this pregnancy. However today has easily been the worst day so far. I literally overheated 3 times. I got so uncomfortably hot, then light headed. I had ice packs in my neck, wrists and under my feet, and at one point had my feet in cold water.

All I can say is Thank God our third trimester will be during the winter!
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    I woke up last night and the night before with nosebleeds.

I have a zit on my chin (for the first time in years) but my cheeks are dry and flaky.

My feet sweat gallons during the day! I want to take off my shoes to air out during the day, but I don't want to stink out my teammates.

Ugh the headaches like every day.
  • Options
    6240662406 member
    14 weeks today.

I'm having trouble sleeping through the night and now the daily headaches have started.

DD spiked a fever today and it looks like she may have strep, I really, really don't want to get that.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • Options
    ah1013ah1013 member
    I don't know if this is where this goes.. But I thought it Might get lost in one of the bigger threads.. So sorry if this is the wrong place!! But, I have my 16 week appointment next week- do you get an ultrasound at that appointment or just at the 20 weeks? Thanks!!

@62406 I had strep- I tried to get rid of it naturally for about a week and it got too bad. I got antibiotics for 10 days and those helped. But stay far away if you can!! It was terrible. I was so nauseous and could barely eat but I was starving
  • Options
    mvhydemvhyde member
    @ah1013 it would depend on the practice. Most providers do just 2 ultrasounds. One near the first appt for dating/ viability and one at 20 weeks to do an anatomy scan. Unless your hcp has told you otherwise or you have some other issues I wouldn't expect an us at this appointment.