February 2015 Moms

Baby fell from the bed today

Re: Baby fell from the bed today

• Instead of posting on this forum you should be at the hospital with them smh
  • That was really rude and uncalled for . If you had no advise you shouldn't have posted .

No matter how careful you are, it might happen one day–your baby rolls right off the couch, falls from the diaper-changing table or slips from the edge of your bed onto the floor. If that happens, stay calm. Do an immediate check for any injuries. In most cases, your child will be wailing as hard as it can, due to the surprise of the fall and the pain of it.
    Observe your baby very carefully for at least 24 hours after the fall. Though it is unlikely that any bones would break, there might be injuries to the head, especially if it is a younger infant whose skull hasn’t yet fused all the way. If your baby acts perfectly normal after a fall, you might be in the clear. If you are worried and want to get the baby checked out, by all means, do so.

https://m.newkidscenter.com/Baby-Falls-Off-Bed.html
  • Loading the player...
  • PerrisWheel gave some very good advice.  Deis, things happen all the time just take Perris Wheels advice, if you feel the need to go further to the hospital then do so but these things happen all the time and babies are very tolerant... you as a mother should monitor your baby and just as I have learned from my experiences being a first time mom, just know what to look out for so you can do all you can do to prevent it from happing again.  
  • edited July 2015
    As a registered nurse i often tend to side with caution a little bit. With babies they can have significant injuries and show no or minor outward signs. Do you have to rush to the ER if there are no outward signs of injury and baby seems ok? Probably not. But you should probably call the pediatrician to get a reliable idea of symptoms (don't trust the internet on this one) you should watch for and if baby should be seen or not. Hope your little one is ok.
  • PerrisWheelPerrisWheel member
    edited July 2015
    Your soapbox definitely wasn't necessary . The link to where I found the article was posted beneath it. she was looking for advice and we posted what WE EACH would do . Obviously it's different for every child. That's why you post on a forum to see other people's OPINIONS . I'm not trying to act like a doctor. At the end of the day I think she would know if something was terribly wrong with her child. In which case she should surely see A doctor .

Why are you even on a forum if you don't agree with asking for advice ? Which is WHAT PEOPLE DO on here. @CarenDimi
  • Wow, I'm seriously surprised that someone asking for help, then getting advice to go see a doctor was so negatively received. Talk about cyber bullying among adults... @ CarenDimi and lilmomma219
  • I'm an RN in the ER. Last week I saw a 3 month old come in with a nondisplaced skull fracture. Mother dropped baby by accident and fractured skull. It's important to have your baby looked at by a provider ASAP after a fall. Even if you think they're fine, they may not be.