Infertility
Options

Freaking out

I totally just had a freak out. I have my first IUI tomorrow with a very high chance of triplets. So yeah that and then I'm also worried it won't work at all. I need to calm down but not sure how.

Re: Freaking out

• Options
    MKLEWIS2010MKLEWIS2010 member
    edited July 2015
    Hey, it's totally normal to freak out you will do so a lot during this journey. For me meditation and yoga helped. For other reading a book or watching tv of a movie. Sometimes a good cry also helps. I totally broke down last night before my shot because I want this to work so bad. Try taking a warm shower and just cry or scream out all of your frustrations sometimes that's all you need is to just embrace these emotions rather than push them aside. Feel better and good luck!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks. Yeah I think I've been pretty relaxed throughout all this or pushing it aside until today when I was like omg this is happening tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's totally normal to freak out! It takes so long to get to the big day and when it's finally here, it is scary! I wouldn't worry about the chance of multiples. If your doctor is going ahead with the IUI then he isn't worried! They would cancel it if they thought it wasn't in your best interest. Try taking a long shower or listening to music to calm down. I like the spa music on pandora! Best of luck tomorrow!!
    Married since 2013, TTC since 2/2014
    Me : 32 with DOR 
     DH: 35 with 0% morphology 

History:  
    IVF #1 with ICSI 2/15- Banked 3 embryos
    IVF #2 with ICSI 3/15: Banked 2 embryos
    IVF #3 with ICSI 4/15: Banked 1 embryo
    IVF #4 with ICSI 6/15: Banked 1 embryo
    FET #1: 7/25: Waiting for Beta results 

• Options
    Hope I didn't push my fear of triplets on to you! Ultimately, we have little control over whatever the outcome is, good or bad, or crazy with triplets. Whatever happens happens. Best of luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    c0513c0513 member
    Like these girls said already freaking out I think is part of what we have to go through. You'll be ok and we are here for you if you need to vent or just talk to someone About how your feeling
  • Options
    Thanks so much guys. Yeah the doctor suggested I cancel but said it was up to me and my husband to make that decision. Apparently I responded really well to the clomid. Lol
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jdl330jdl330 member
    Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Thanks!! It's over. It was no big deal. And now 2ww.
  • Options
    FX for you! 
    Married since 2013, TTC since 2/2014
    Me : 32 with DOR 
     DH: 35 with 0% morphology 

History:  
    IVF #1 with ICSI 2/15- Banked 3 embryos
    IVF #2 with ICSI 3/15: Banked 2 embryos
    IVF #3 with ICSI 4/15: Banked 1 embryo
    IVF #4 with ICSI 6/15: Banked 1 embryo
    FET #1: 7/25: Waiting for Beta results 

• Options
    Thanks!!!
  • Options
    @Drove2u - I am glad you are feeling better! If you have triplets, you can give one to me ;) No, no, no....I am glad it's all over and I think you were smart to do it anyway. That is so exciting!

@MKLEWIS2010 - I cry in the shower all the time. It's my favorite place to do it. I feel like I have the shower head to commiserate with because it's crying in a way too. 

I have had so many freak outs I think DH thinks I am certifiable. I've decided it's a part of charm at this point! 

• Options
    I cry in the shower too. It's a safe place and a good place to purge out all those frustrations!

@Drove2u - I totally hear you on freaking out at once about it not working at all, AND the chance of multiples. I feel the same way! The scenarios that go on in my head, and the resulting anxiety, are probably enough to have me committed. ;) But I think that, considering our circumstances, it's normal. Wishing you the best of luck, and much peace and strength during  your 2ww!
    Me: 43, DH: 41
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015
    8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
    9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

• Options
    Thanks!! And hahahaha I would give you one. :-) we can't financially afford three at the same time. Or I will have to invite 300 people to my baby shower. Lol.