Infertility

Got kicked... Scared

I'm a special education teacher, my students can get aggressive. I just got kicked in the stomach. Pretty hard.
I'm so mad at myself for being anywhere near the student. But it's my job so I have to.

I'm panicking. I'm so upset. I'm freaking out that it's going to cause AF. Has anyone ever been kicked this early on? I find out if in pregnant on Thursday. I know it's so early, but I'm so nervous- I don't want it to jeopardize this cycle of IUI.

I need something to reassure me.
Me 30 || DH 36
Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
-IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
-FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
-IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
-FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
**Changed doctor**
-IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
-IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
-Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
-IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
-Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
-IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

Re: Got kicked... Scared

• MrsBwIVFMrsBwIVF member
    edited July 2015
    First, try and take a deep breath.
    Second, where did they kick you? Most likely, it's nowhere near where your baby would be at this point. Right now, if you are expecting, your little one is so tiny and is located near your pelvis. The chart below doesn't even show the fetus moving up towards the stomach until close to week 12.

We have so much natural padding around our little ones that it is hard to injure the bean, it would be work to actually injure them.
    I got kicked by our large dog, right in the stomach with his hind leg at 8 weeks along and called our nurses just in case. They chuckled and told me exactly what I told you above and they were right- I worried over nothing!
    I know it's hard NOT to freak out when things like this happen, especially after struggling with fertility, but I'm fairly certain you'll be fine. If you do get a bfp on Thursday (Fx for you!), you may want to talk to your doctor about safety restrictions with your job so you minimize this happening again when your belly is bigger.
    Good luck on Thursday!
  • no advice but i agree with pp @mrsbwivf always has great advice!  Good luck :)
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsBwIVF That chart made me feel a lot better. He kicked me a little below the belly button area. I'm not even sure if I'm pregnant yet, so I would be well below that 12 mark.

I'm definitely going to need to speak to my job and figure out safety precautions. This can't happen again, that was the worst moment ever.
    Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it a lot!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• I'm glad you felt a little better after my comment. We are in a special club that none of us wanted to join and most of us don't know anyone in real life that are also in the club. So any advice, support or information we can give each other is always a good thing. Hopefully, in a few months you'll be in my shoes and be able to help those who are still struggling with your new knowledge.
    Please let me know how your results go this week.
  • @MrsBwIVF that is such a great diagram!!! And with my DH a dog and 3 DSC it will be of good use to me if my ivf cycle works. Thanks so much for some great advice for all.