Pregnant after IF

SCH- 16 weeks with hematoma causing placenta. To come away

anyone experience this?

I have a sub chronic hematoma under baby's placenta and some has come away. As of last nigh baby was alive and well. Waiting on doc to come in this morning to scan.

I was pouring blood so much blood it doesn't even compare to my heaviest period. I also passed 2 large clots.

Bleeding has slowed throughout the night but I'm still very afraid .

Please if you've experienced this I would love to know more. I thought I was past the danger zone and now they are saying It's possible the placenta could come away,

Re: SCH- 16 weeks with hematoma causing placenta. To come away

• SCHs are very terrifying and unfortunately, pretty common! We had 2 during this pregnancy, 1 at 6 weeks, the other at 7. Both times, I had a huge rush of blood and we were convinced we were losing the pregnancy. After each bleed, we had an ultrasound done and they would measure how big the SCH was and it's position. Luckily, ours were positioned where they were the least harmful to the placentas but they were still concerned because at those times of the pregnancy, the SCH was bigger than each baby. I was put onto immediate bed rest, pelvic rest, no lifting or exercise. 3 days later we would go in for a repeat ultrasound. During that time, my bleeding would slow down and the color of the blood would turn from bright red to brown. I'd also notice clots coming out but was assured that it was a good sign, it meant my body was passing the SCH quickly and not waiting to absorb it.
    I'm sorry, I have no experience with the placentas being affected at all during these bleeds. A good friend of mine did have a SCH that was threatening the placenta during her second trimester and was on light bed rest for several weeks until it healed itself- her daughter turned 1 this week.

Please keep us updated and know my thoughts are with you. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, it feels like such a terribly bumpy road we're all on already.
  • I had a SCH with my DS (IVF#2, PG again with the solo frostie). I sat on the toilet and blood poured out of me. I would say to my husband that is no pee. We cried all night thinking we lost the baby. I was around 11-12 weeks. By the morning we went for an u/s and it showed there was still as much blood in there as the baby and sack of water. They were worried the pressure would rupture my sack of water. SCH are common and very scary. I am soooooo sorry you are going through this and I hope for the best for you. Keep hope as my son is almost 2 now and we still can't believe my body healed somehow and he is here!! T&P for you and baby.
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Loading the player...
  • CTinNVCTinNV member
    I don't have a similar experience or guidance to share, but please know I am thinking of you. Keep us updated!

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• I currently have a medium sized SCH that is very close to the placenta. It has not caused an abruption as far as I know yet. Last ultrasound placenta was still attached, but I am on strict bed rest and hoping it will resolve. It's a waiting game. My SCH was first seen on an ultrasound at 10 weeks and I am now 14. Bleeding comes and goes. I am still having gushes, which I hate. I am sorry that your SCH is causing so many problems. In my research I have read stories of partial abruptions that resulted in heathy babies. I will be praying for you and hoping that the SCH starts shrinking and you have no more issues! Hang in there momma :)

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• I had bleeding at 15 weeks that lasted for about a week and then more two weeks later that also lasted for a week. It was so scary, especially after dealing with infertility. They never found the cause of the bleeding, but my doctor suspected that part of the placenta came up and there was a vein underneath. I also passed a very large clot the second time. My doctor said it's like when you're making a pancake, if you lift a corner of if up, if won't stick back to the pan. He also told me that even 50% of the placenta can lift up and the baby still does well. I think you will be ok, but please keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • T&P headed your way. Wishing you all the best - hope everything resolves quickly. Keep us posted.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • No experience but thinking of you and baby! Prayers for quick resolution of the SCH.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• @somewhereinafrica thinking of you! Hope everything has settled down and yall are alright
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • I had bleeding a couple weeks ago, but he reproductive endocrinologist wasn't concerned. I was nervous and worried that one of my twins wasn't there anymore so my regular ob did and ultrasound which showed a small SCH. I suspect it would have been larger if I had been scanned earlier but I did have a good amount of bleeding. It seems to be ok and they are watching it. I get another ultrasound in 2 weeks to check. I agree that this is scary and even more so since we can do nothing about it. Thoughts and prayers heading your way. Hope everything turns out well and just gives you good story to torture the kid with in the future.
  • I had SCH at 8 weeks, panicked and went to the ER. Although no professional has said anything. I suspect they are more common in IF patients due to drugs. At my 30 week appointment, all evidence of the event finally resolves itself. Up until then I also had to see a maternal fetal medicine doctor. From what I gathered, it depends strongly on how much healthy placenta is still attached.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers