Baby Names

Boy/girl twin name help

We had an easy time coming up with Connor for our boy but cannot agree on his sister's name. DH loves Addison and I liked it too until I did a search and saw how hated the name is for a girl. He thinks we should keep it. I am torn now and need some ideas!

Re: Boy/girl twin name help

• Yeah, definitely skip Addison.

Connor and

Abigail
    Audrey
    Brooke
    Bridget
    Diana
    Felicity
    Gemma
    Gretchen
    Hannah
    Holly
    Julianne
    Lauren
    Madeleine
    Noelle
    Norah
    Paige
    Rachel
    Sadie
    Tessa
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Loading the player...
  • Sabrina
    Arabella
    Charlotte
    Piper
    Susanna
    Serena
    Tabitha
    Elise
    Aubrey
    Dorothy
    Sophie
    Vivian
    Nicole
    Alexis
    Anniversary
  • addiSON should never be used for a girl. notice the SON at the end.

Connor and Cathleen
    Cooner and Natalie
    Conner and Amelia
    Conner and Francesca

Please do better than addison
  • Addison is so trendy right now! Off hand, I know 2 girls that are pregnant and are naming their girls that. It is 100% a masculine name. I strongly encourage you to find a more feminine name.

Suggestions:
    Carys
    Caroline / Carolina
    Magnolia
    Audrey
    Violet
    Alice
    Adelaide
    Abigail
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Thanks for the suggestions! I tried Adeline and Adelaide, he's not so crazy about those. I never thought this would be so tough!
  • Adeline and Adelaide are so pretty. My sister is Adelaide and we call her Addie. 
  • Personally I don't get what is so bad about Addison. I only know 1, so its not that popular around here anyway, and I've never thought of it as a masculine name (even if it is one). I would think it was a girly name if I ever heard it on a boy. I also don't buy the its a masculine name cause of "son" on the end as PP said. What about Allison? Even if the ending makes it in some weird way technically masculine, its certainly more commonly thought of as a girl name.

If your only complaint about Addison is that you found people online don't like it then I think you need to put the computer away. Choose a name you and your husband like, not the internet masses.
  • bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited July 2015
    Personally I don't get what is so bad about Addison. I only know 1, so its not that popular around here anyway, and I've never thought of it as a masculine name (even if it is one). I would think it was a girly name if I ever heard it on a boy. I also don't buy the its a masculine name cause of "son" on the end as PP said. What about Allison? Even if the ending makes it in some weird way technically masculine, its certainly more commonly thought of as a girl name.

If your only complaint about Addison is that you found people online don't like it then I think you need to put the computer away. Choose a name you and your husband like, not the internet masses.

Well Addison literally means SON OF ADAM.  So you don't have to buy that it's masculine, it is.  It's a boy name currently trendy on girls which will make it like Ashley for this generation.  Alison is pretty much the only SON name that isn't masculine as it is a variant of Alice.  So your comparison doesn't work.  OP obviously cares since she asked for opinions.  Also regardless of how many you know it is popular and has been in the top top 20 since 2007 and then feel to 24 last year.  It also is just like all the other Addie names which in general makes it appear even more popular

• CGlessCGless member
    The Connor I know has a sister named Alexandra we call her Aloe (not sure why). I don't mind Addison.

I like an "A" name with Connor, Audrey, Alexandra, Abigail, Amelia, Anna...
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I would definitely pass on Addison

Connor and Madeleine
    Connor and Alexa/Alexandra
    Connor and Mila
    Connor and Elena
    Connor and Thalia
    Connor and Audra
    Connor and Hannah
    Connor and Leah
    Connor and Aria
    Connor and Natalie
    Connor and Jocelyn
    Connor and Laila
    Connor and Michaela
    Connor and Isla
    Connor and Amelie
    Connor and Gemma
    Connor and Audrina
  • So many great suggestions. Another thing working against Addison is that is a disease. To me that's an even bigger turn off than it being trendy or masculine.

• What about Madison? Similar but with an "M".
  • What about Madison? Similar but with an "M".
    Still masculine. Madeleine would be a better alternative.
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails