Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

9 weeks 5 days pregnant and measuring out 7 weeks 4 days! Possible miscarriage?

this is my first pregnancy and yesterday had my first ultrasound. According to my LMP I should be 9 1/2 weeks pregnant but there was no heartbeat and no baby! The NP did it vaginally and said she wanted us to get another ultrasound. We then we straight to another place that does them all day and they did another ultrasound vaginally and also over my belly... And same thing :( no baby or heartbeat. My Dr said it looks like I'm measuring to 7 1/2 weeks pregnant so they want me to get bloodwork and go from there! I'm so scared! Has anyone else been through this? I guess I'm looking for some kind of hope even though I don't want to get my hopes up

Re: 9 weeks 5 days pregnant and measuring out 7 weeks 4 days! Possible miscarriage?

• ALC08ALC08 member
    My first pregnancy i measured about two weeks behind on the u/s. There was a baby and we saw the "heartbeat" but it wasn't strong enough to hear. It measured just over 6 weeks so they scheduled another u/s in two weeks. Unfortunately i miscarried before that appointment. The tech told me my cycles were probably just a little off so that could be the reason for difference in measurements. I have also been told some babies just measure behind. I don't have any personal experience but some women here have had a blighted ovam (no baby). Try to stay calm until you get more answers. Have you had bloodwork yet? What is your dr saying about the pregnancy?
  • That must have been hard to go through I can only imagine! I just got my bloodwork done this morning. They said they want to check my hormones leveled and compare them with my ultrasound and then go from there. My Dr didn't say anything about a blighted Ovam but the NP did. They won't have results until tomorrow and then I will know if it's good news or bad. Trying to stay calm as much as I can!
  • Loading the player...
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    Do whatever you can to relax. I hope you don't get bad news but know that if you do you are not alone. A lot of women have a MC and go on to have healthy babies. After two MC i found out i have a defiecientcy called MTHFR. My 1st MC was due to chromosomal issue (trisomy 16). I am now on additional folic acid and baby aspirin that should help me sustain a pregnancy when that happens.
  • Are you 100% sure on your dates? There should definitely be a baby visible by 7 wks and also a yolk sac. I'm sorry it is stressful right now. I've been there with the waiting and it sucks.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.